R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-04-2010, 08:10 AM   #91
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVILGRAFX View Post
Personal preference, I like the new one myself.
And for my personal preference, I still like the old one. It's tough (with the original AE arms) simple and works great. Of course, I haven't personally used the new one myself yet so maybe it is better. I've just seen a couple issues with it that bug me.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #92
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I will be releasing a front end that will be different
any news / pictures / release date of the BMI front end ?
radio_car_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 08:35 AM   #93
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TimPotter

Got the pre-release kit together with no instructions... Built it at the track. First run on high traction asphalt was awesome. Was right on pace from the first run... Lots of steering... Hopefully will get some more runs in today.. if not, Wednesday night.. I think this one is gonna be a killa...

Fit and finish are , as like all BMI cars, top notch. When Jason and team finish the instructions and start general availability, I am sure it will be flying off the shelves.

Love the Copper anno... Cannot wait for the BMI front end...
Clean Title & Escrow|p3|TRF|Tamiya|SerpentAmerica|FSEARA|Team Butter|RC 3|Munno |RCTECH #29|EAMotorsports|BMI|Novak|SpeedPassion|RadioPost
TimPotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:38 AM   #94
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

i got instructions with mine
Old 04-04-2010, 03:50 PM   #95
Tech Lord

has any one made a setup sheet
found it
Old 04-04-2010, 05:54 PM   #96
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
has any one made a setup sheet
found it
Where?
Old 04-04-2010, 06:07 PM   #97
Tech Lord

its the db12r setup sheet but still should work

http://bmiracing.com/bmiv4/images/setups/setupsheet.pdf
Old 04-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #98
Tech Master

Thanks.

It should work, but I think we might be due for an updated sheet. I have a couple more days to wait for the rest of my electronics to show up to finish my car, maybe I'll come up with a new one.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:57 PM   #99
Tech Master

Got my car all finished up tonight

Got a couple questions though.

First, when I went to install the battery, it didn't fit flat down in the chassis slot, I had to lightly sand a bevel on the battery case on the ends [left and right on the chassis] to get it down and flat.

Is the CRC battery just a bit longer than others, is the chassis slot just a tick under-sized, or is a tiny bit of hand fitting normal?

My other question is in regards to front ride-height. I'm starting off with CRC pro-cuts, and I would like to try and get a feel for the car on full-size tires before I start playing with smaller diameters. New diameter is 45.7mm [1.8"] on the fronts, and with all the spacers included in the kit, this puts the front ride-height at 6mm.

Suggestions? Run it as-is? Cut them down to size? Add more spacers? [what kind, where to order?]

Rear tires are the same diameter as the fronts, but with the adjusters I'm able to get the rear set at 4mm ride-height, and with all my electronics on board, I'm reading right at 1.5mm pod droop, but I don't want to set everything on the front end until I get a bit more direction.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've run pan cars before, but a long time ago, and 1/10, which seems to be a bit different than this current animal.

Thanks, looking forward to putting this thing on the track.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:27 PM   #100
Tech Apprentice

true your foams down to 43mm in front and 45mm in rear to get the ride height down to 3mm. this will get you in the ballpark for ride height, and will give you max life out of your tires.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:43 PM   #101
Tech Master

If you really want to run full size tires, CRC makes a spacer set that will work on an AE front. Each set has three different thicknesses, color coded to get exactly what you want. Part number 4262, get a couple.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:06 AM   #102
Tech Champion

If your running asphalt that isn't super high grip run them at the full height. If running carpet you'll need to true them down and probably CA the sidewalls as well.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:09 AM   #103
Tech Lord

i am running full size tires and spaced mine up,i used the 4 black spacers and found some other spacers in my box and added them and got my ride height to 4.75 and rear is 5.(bumpy track) but may change Sunday when Jason and i run

are using a booster
Old 04-07-2010, 04:36 AM   #104
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
Got my car all finished up tonight

Got a couple questions though.

First, when I went to install the battery, it didn't fit flat down in the chassis slot, I had to lightly sand a bevel on the battery case on the ends [left and right on the chassis] to get it down and flat.

Is the CRC battery just a bit longer than others, is the chassis slot just a tick under-sized, or is a tiny bit of hand fitting normal?

My other question is in regards to front ride-height. I'm starting off with CRC pro-cuts, and I would like to try and get a feel for the car on full-size tires before I start playing with smaller diameters. New diameter is 45.7mm [1.8"] on the fronts, and with all the spacers included in the kit, this puts the front ride-height at 6mm.

Suggestions? Run it as-is? Cut them down to size? Add more spacers? [what kind, where to order?]

Rear tires are the same diameter as the fronts, but with the adjusters I'm able to get the rear set at 4mm ride-height, and with all my electronics on board, I'm reading right at 1.5mm pod droop, but I don't want to set everything on the front end until I get a bit more direction.

Like I said in an earlier post, I've run pan cars before, but a long time ago, and 1/10, which seems to be a bit different than this current animal.

Thanks, looking forward to putting this thing on the track.
We measured a few battery packs when coming up with the battery pocket size. There may be a slight variance in battery housing size. I cant really guarentee the tolerances on casings unfortunately. If you lightly sand the edges of the slot like you did, you will be fine.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 08:52 AM   #105
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle133 View Post
true your foams down to 43mm in front and 45mm in rear to get the ride height down to 3mm. this will get you in the ballpark for ride height, and will give you max life out of your tires.
Thanks for the input.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
If you really want to run full size tires, CRC makes a spacer set that will work on an AE front. Each set has three different thicknesses, color coded to get exactly what you want. Part number 4262, get a couple.
Thanks for the part number. Even if I don't run the tires full size, I'll be sure to pick some up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
If your running asphalt that isn't super high grip run them at the full height. If running carpet you'll need to true them down and probably CA the sidewalls as well.
I'm not sure if I'm going to run my car outdoors yet or not. Our track has a pretty aggressive seam in a high speed sweeper that will bite you if you don't hit the corner perfect with a car that's at a good ride height for the rest of the track.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
i am running full size tires and spaced mine up,i used the 4 black spacers and found some other spacers in my box and added them and got my ride height to 4.75 and rear is 5.(bumpy track) but may change Sunday when Jason and i run

are using a booster
Are you running asphalt or carpet? And yes, I'm using a booster, TQ Booster in white heat shrink taped to the front side of the receiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
We measured a few battery packs when coming up with the battery pocket size. There may be a slight variance in battery housing size. I cant really guarentee the tolerances on casings unfortunately. If you lightly sand the edges of the slot like you did, you will be fine.
No problem, like I said I sanded a small bevel on the battery case until it fit the slot tight, but flat, I was just curious.