R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-20-2010, 09:49 AM   #781
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

okidoki
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:19 AM   #782
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys,

I have received a few phone calls by some customers with concerns placed in there heads by team drivers from a certain company. The concern that they have is that the roll center will change when you change your ride height on our new front suspension.These certain people say it makes our suspension no good. Just to clear this up for the ones feeding this mindless dribble to my customers, the strut front end changes your roll center as it compresses. To me, that is unexceptable. Our front suspension is the most adjustable on the market. You can adjust the roll center. It is as easy as shimming the lower pivot balls,outer pivot balls,or the hinge pin plate. You fine tune your ride height with your given tire size with the tweak screws in the flex plates.
The double wishbone suspension is far superior to strut in every form of racing. It is used and adjusted the same on our car as it is on a TC, Nitro TC, and also keep in mind, it is used in real race cars as well. Strut front ends are used in the auto industry as it is inexpensive and is a space saver for front wheel drive cars. You will not find it on any sport or race cars.

It really is tough being pretty much the only company trying to move on to bigger and better things instead of living in the past. I understand innovation being hard to accept at first but companies should try not to step on it to promote there own 20 year old form of innovation.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:36 AM   #783
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,806
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Hey guys,

I have received a few phone calls by some customers with concerns placed in there heads by team drivers from a certain company. The concern that they have is that the roll center will change when you change your ride height on our new front suspension.These certain people say it makes our suspension no good. Just to clear this up for the ones feeding this mindless dribble to my customers, the strut front end changes your roll center as it compresses. To me, that is unexceptable. Our front suspension is the most adjustable on the market. You can adjust the roll center. It is as easy as shimming the lower pivot balls,outer pivot balls,or the hinge pin plate. You fine tune your ride height with your given tire size with the tweak screws in the flex plates.
The double wishbone suspension is far superior to strut in every form of racing. It is used and adjusted the same on our car as it is on a TC, Nitro TC, and also keep in mind, it is used in real race cars as well. Strut front ends are used in the auto industry as it is inexpensive and is a space saver for front wheel drive cars. You will not find it on any sport or race cars.

It really is tough being pretty much the only company trying to move on to bigger and better things instead of living in the past. I understand innovation being hard to accept at first but companies should try not to step on it to promote there own 20 year old form of innovation.
Thanks Jason....that needed to be put out there.
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:43 AM   #784
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

There is alot more i would like to say but i choose to be a gentlemen. It is almost sickening how the whole promotion thing works. No one tries to please the paying customers with the product anymore. Just bogus wins at big races by the typical same top 10. Dont get me wrong, it is cool to go to the big events and it is cool to do well, but by no means does it say anything for the car other than what we all already know. They can all win. Its all about the driver with the way the cars are today. We all make cars capable of winning a big race. What is important to me is that the people who buy my cars are happy and can setup the cars to do well.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 11:59 AM   #785
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,542
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

What I find more important than the $BIG$ wins, is a car that works well at every track, with little effort in setup.

Having said that, Jason your new front end looks the most interesting of the "new" designs I have seen lately.
Look forward to seeing how my R5 compares to it when some of the local so-cal guys get it rolling...
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:00 PM   #786
Tech Fanatic
 
Joost K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eindhoven - Brabant (Europe)
Posts: 762
Default

Aren't there a couple of words to descibe this form of behaviour??? Envy & Jealousy???

And if you take the last part of jealousy what do you get? Yes, correct...

LOUSY!!!

And is exactly how these people are behaving towards drivers & company's that do great thing and are pioneers to the game...

There are other words coming up inside my head too but I aswell will be a gentleman about this...
__________________
JKMR P235-SE Stealth Edition Pro10 | Futaba | Orion | Trinity | Orion | BSR tires

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:06 PM   #787
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Exactly! And most of all, easy for guys that are new to pan car to set up. The class cant grow unless new people join in. That is the basis of my designs. I want them to perform at any level and also be set up by any level driver. I have seen so many people race 1 weekend of pan car and put it on ebay the following monday because they couldnt get it set up. The car was miserable for them to drive. I am trying to put an end to that and make it a nice experience for them. I cant tell you how many emails and phone calls i get from customers who just started that love it. That is nice to hear. Then you have the experienced drivers who love it because they dont have to mess with the car. That is also nice to hear.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #788
Tech Fanatic
 
Joost K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eindhoven - Brabant (Europe)
Posts: 762
Default

Exactly!

We have that same experience in Pro10 over here... I will not say the brand of the car (something starting and ending with a C) which is difficult to get set up. We have had some drivers with this car starting with a smile but ending with the car put on the shelf... That should not be the case at all since pancar racing is such joy to do!!!
__________________
JKMR P235-SE Stealth Edition Pro10 | Futaba | Orion | Trinity | Orion | BSR tires

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:12 PM   #789
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
Aren't there a couple of words to descibe this form of behaviour??? Envy & Jealousy???

And if you take the last part of jealousy what do you get? Yes, correct...

LOUSY!!!

And is exactly how these people are behaving towards drivers & company's that do great thing and are pioneers to the game...

There are other words coming up inside my head too but I aswell will be a gentleman about this...
It drives me insane. I remain tight lipped most of the time but this is just getting insane. I can tear up on other companies also but i choose to push mine by showing what i offer, not what other companies dont.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #790
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
Exactly!

We have that same experience in Pro10 over here... I will not say the brand of the car (something starting and ending with a C) which is difficult to get set up. We have had some drivers with this car starting with a smile but ending with the car put on the shelf... That should not be the case at all since pancar racing is such joy to do!!!
I heard the same stuff when i came out with my rear suspension. Everyone said that Corally did it already. Well, no they didnt. What Corally did was quite different. They had the pod attach to the chassis and it looked like flex plates. They were only to give forward spring rate. There was no side spring tension. The rear pod was 2 levels and the upper level floated on pivots and relied only on dampening for side movement.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:15 PM   #791
Tech Champion
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,806
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
There is alot more i would like to say but i choose to be a gentlemen. It is almost sickening how the whole promotion thing works. No one tries to please the paying customers with the product anymore. Just bogus wins at big races by the typical same top 10. Dont get me wrong, it is cool to go to the big events and it is cool to do well, but by no means does it say anything for the car other than what we all already know. They can all win. Its all about the driver with the way the cars are today. We all make cars capable of winning a big race. What is important to me is that the people who buy my cars are happy and can setup the cars to do well.
And I'm one of those happy customers....since the DB12.
Which brings me to a question about the roll centers. The geometry of the DWS front-end with club race-ready tires (1.75-180 rears/1.65-1.70fronts), as the tire wears, I know the RC change isn't drastic but is it negligible? Meaning to keep the same 'starting geometry', which pivot points need to be shimmed or is it just a matter of shimming up the hingepin plate?
Thanks brah
__________________
R C 3 G R A F I X _ F U S I O N . G R A P H I X _ S E A T T L E - R/C - R A C E R S _ E M E R A L D C I T Y R C . C O M

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:17 PM   #792
Tech Fanatic
 
Joost K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Eindhoven - Brabant (Europe)
Posts: 762
Default

Okay, well... With all this said now... Let's not waste any more energy on these losers then... After all, this is exactly what they are after. Attention... Just keep in mind that maybe they never have owned a red bicycle when they were little...

Let's just concentrate on a great product and the people that enjoy it on the tracks...
__________________
JKMR P235-SE Stealth Edition Pro10 | Futaba | Orion | Trinity | Orion | BSR tires

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:18 PM   #793
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayBee View Post
Which brings me to a question about the roll centers. The geometry of the DWS front-end with club race-ready tires (1.75-180 rears/1.65-1.70fronts), as the tire wears, I know the RC change isn't drastic but is it negligible? Meaning to keep the same 'starting geometry', which pivot points need to be shimmed or is it just a matter of shimming up the hingepin plate?
Thanks brah
The roll center change is minimal. We based the standard pivot height with pretty small tires. 1.750 rear and 1.700 front. If you go smaller, the roll center change will be minimal. We havent had to shim anything yet. Maybe future setups will require some shimming but so far i havent needed to.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #794
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joost K. View Post
Okay, well... With all this said now... Let's not waste any more energy on these losers then... After all, this is exactly what they are after. Attention... Just keep in mind that maybe they never have owned a red bicycle when they were little...

Let's just concentrate on a great product and the people that enjoy it on the tracks...
Agreed. I just had to get that off of my chest. Gets me very frustrated to hear such false statements. Everything is adjustable on the car. Not to mention, damn near bulletproof.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 12:32 PM   #795
Tech Master
 
wingman2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Tewkesbury, UK via Plymouth, UK.
Posts: 1,259
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
I heard the same stuff when i came out with my rear suspension. Everyone said that Corally did it already. Well, no they didnt. What Corally did was quite different. They had the pod attach to the chassis and it looked like flex plates. They were only to give forward spring rate. There was no side spring tension. The rear pod was 2 levels and the upper level floated on pivots and relied only on dampening for side movement.
Hi Jason, how could you possibly remember how that Corally system worked when the car was released in 1994? I mean, who would possiby still run one of those 'outdated' things nowadays??

All the best, Chris.

PS, you got PM.
__________________
Sponsored by CML Distribution - http://www.cmldistribution.co.uk
wingman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:03 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net