R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-10-2010, 06:03 AM   #241
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
thanks jason and everyone else for your help. when will the new bmi front end be available? and what spares should I order along with the cars. am not sure how durable the flex plates are and if I need to have a bunch of these with the spacers in my box and are there different flex plates for tuning options
the only thing you need are parts for the front end and the copper spacers to change the track width,don't worry about the flex plats unless everyone in the class beats up on everyone else
Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM   #242
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whynot View Post
Thank you very much guys, I am very interested in getting one of these, Do the crc pro cuts have the right offset for this car? what tires do you guys run? and are they coming with the new bmi front end if not which front end does it come with? are the front lower arms machined to a tight tolerance so the chassey stays level and you dont have to shim it to get it level. sorry for all the questions. I just find it aggravating to have to go through all the measuring,shimming so the ride height will be the same left to right, but that just may come with racing 12 scales. my son and I both will prob. run this car in the fall, cant wait
With our new front end we are testing, there is no need for shimming for ride height. It is very cool that you now will be able to adjust ride height and droop in the front without removing any screws,nuts or eclips. No sagging springs, Hell,You dont even need to pick the car up.

Testing is going to begin next weekend as the prototype front end is now made and on the car. If all goes well i will go into production at the end of this month and they will be available for carpet season. I will post pics once testing is completed. You guys are going to be pretty happy
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:56 AM   #243
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
With our new front end we are testing, there is no need for shimming for ride height. It is very cool that you now will be able to adjust ride height and droop in the front without removing any screws,nuts or eclips. No sagging springs, Hell,You dont even need to pick the car up.

Testing is going to begin next weekend as the prototype front end is now made and on the car. If all goes well i will go into production at the end of this month and they will be available for carpet season. I will post pics once testing is completed. You guys are going to be pretty happy
Awesome this car with the new front end,I think will be the way to go. now will the new front end be sold in the kits or will it be a hop up? will this new front end be a direct fit for the coppers heads already sold or will there be a different hole layout?
whynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 AM   #244
Tech Lord

The front end will be sold as an upgrade as it is too expensive to put in with the kit and keep the price of the kit the same. It will fit all existing cars and i will be making it fit all the other cars out there also.
J Concepts
Old 07-11-2010, 09:49 AM   #245
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

NICE!!!

Quote:
The front end will be sold as an upgrade as it is too expensive to put in with the kit and keep the price of the kit the same. It will fit all existing cars and i will be making it fit all the other cars out there also.

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 08:39 PM   #246
Tech Champion

Quote:

Is it still dynamic strut style with the non-moving lower arm or is it an independent type suspension?
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:02 PM   #247
Tech Lord

It is not a strut style front end.
J Concepts
Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 AM   #248
Tech Champion

Ah! Very Interesting
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 AM   #249
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default cruelty

Quote:
It is not a strut style front end.
it's cruel to tease the 1/12th scale racing community in this manner. the way to ease the cruelty is to post some pics of the new inventions. let's see 'em please.
vafactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 05:57 AM   #250
Tech Fanatic

I don't think that anyone will see pictures of the new front end before it is released... Even if you get down on your knees and beg Jason for it... Just be patient about it. Knowing Jason and what he's capable of with BMI, it will be great!

So just sit tight and wait for it...

*** JK Model Racing ***
*** MIX-RC.DE TEAM ***
Joost K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 AM   #251
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
Is it still dynamic strut style with the non-moving lower arm or is it an independent type suspension?
my first reaction to this was 'independent suspension is not allowed'. so i checked the roar rules and verified that rule only applies to the rear.

its funny how tradition or convention can become the rule in one's mind.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM   #252
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafactor View Post
it's cruel to tease the 1/12th scale racing community in this manner. the way to ease the cruelty is to post some pics of the new inventions. let's see 'em please.
Not trying to be cruel. I will have pics as soon as i have it in production form. I dont want to show it until all, if any modifications are made. It is not going to be a strut front end. That style front end works but really is not at the level of an uneven double wishbone suspension. I will have alot more info shortly but rest assured, it is cool and works very well.
J Concepts
Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 AM   #253
Tech Adept

Hey, a bit of help needed... Can't seem to get the right electronic set-up for Lipo... I run a LRP SXX speedo and a receiver pack... What roll out should I run in Modified and which motor for a open track? Also what speedo set-up (throttle profile etc.) should I use.
What I find happening is either I have power for 3-4 minutes then nothing, or not enough power for the whole race. After seeing the worlds I can see they getting it right so I need some help...

Thanks all
LRP TC SXX, LRP SXX Ver. 2, LRP X12 Octa, Futaba 3PKS Spektrum Module, Protform.
SOUTH AFRICA :)
PHI/BMI racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 AM   #254
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avs View Post
my first reaction to this was 'independent suspension is not allowed'. so i checked the roar rules and verified that rule only applies to the rear.

its funny how tradition or convention can become the rule in one's mind.
Of course it is legal, just look at the yokomo car that just won the worlds. It is at the moment illegal by WGT rules but I wouldn't be surprise if that changes.
wingracer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #255
Tech Lord

Umm, the strut front end is independant also. There is no rule against double wishbone front ends.
J Concepts