R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-11-2012, 05:41 PM   #2521
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks guys. My little man visited his 1st Japanese steakhouse tonight along with a trip to a wildlife sanctuary. He had a great time. They didnt have milk on the menu for dinner so he passed on the Hibachi.

As for the cars, I will post some pics as soon as I have some test cars made.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM   #2522
Tech Initiate

Default Receiver pack

Need alittle help here.
I have a BMI CH 12 , ESC tekin rs pro. Servo hitec 225.
I have a hotwire and laptop software. Do I need a receiver pack? If I do where do I get this pack. Is it lipo?
Trying to get this car on the road/track.
Thanks guys.
Joe
powerpark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:32 AM   #2523
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerpark123 View Post
Need alittle help here.
I have a BMI CH 12 , ESC tekin rs pro. Servo hitec 225.
I have a hotwire and laptop software. Do I need a receiver pack? If I do where do I get this pack. Is it lipo?
Trying to get this car on the road/track.
Thanks guys.
Joe
You will need to run a booster or receiver pack. I recommend a booster. Its nice not having to charge anything. Novak and TQ make good ones.
AdrianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:22 PM   #2524
Tech Initiate

Hey thanks I will check out Novak
Old 11-13-2012, 02:24 PM   #2525
Tech Lord

Adrian is right. Boosters work great. Top level guys usually run receiver packs as they feel they work better than boosters but the rest of us mortals cant feel the difference.
J Concepts
Old 11-13-2012, 04:25 PM   #2526
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Adrian is right. Boosters work great. Top level guys usually run receiver packs as they feel they work better than boosters but the rest of us mortals cant feel the difference.
I was talking to Steve McNichols and he said its just the mod guys that have to run RX packs. They are running boosted 4.0s to 5.5's in Mod 12 and they are drawing so many amps that the battery voltage dip makes the boosters brown out.
Old 11-13-2012, 04:58 PM   #2527
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
I was talking to Steve McNichols and he said its just the mod guys that have to run RX packs. They are running boosted 4.0s to 5.5's in Mod 12 and they are drawing so many amps that the battery voltage dip makes the boosters brown out.
Many people were still running them in 13.5 last I saw. I run a booster but the last Snowbirds I went to, a good majority of the fast guys were running receiver packs. Things may have changed as I didnt get to go to last years Snowbirds as my wife was due to have the baby.
J Concepts
Old 11-13-2012, 06:00 PM   #2528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
You will need to run a booster or receiver pack. I recommend a booster. Its nice not having to charge anything. Novak and TQ make good ones.
The Novak booster will brown out in boosted conditions unless a particular component is removed. I don't remember which, but there's a pic showing what to remove floating around somewhere.
|◤ReflexRacing.net◢|◤Protoform◢|◤AVID R/C◢|
andrewdoherty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:34 PM   #2529
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoherty View Post
The Novak booster will brown out in boosted conditions unless a particular component is removed. I don't remember which, but there's a pic showing what to remove floating around somewhere.
I know the old ones did that. You had to remove the chip that triggered the low voltage cut. I think the new smaller ones don't have this problem.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #2530
Tech Master

Jason,
Have you been thinking of trying any new ways to adjust droop and getting rid of the ride height adjuster pills in the rod?

For what its worth I'd like to to see: For the shock maybe something similar to associated and the pod something like the tamale, or crc? I feel there has to better ways of adjusting rear ride hgt than those pills and that can stay adjusted even after hitting the wall.

What d'ya think?
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #2531
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Jason,
Have you been thinking of trying any new ways to adjust droop and getting rid of the ride height adjuster pills in the rod?

For what its worth I'd like to to see: For the shock maybe something similar to associated and the pod something like the tamale, or crc? I feel there has to better ways of adjusting rear ride hgt than those pills and that can stay adjusted even after hitting the wall.

What d'ya think?
E
Almost 3 years ago I brought my prototype pod to the Snowbirds that had adjustable rear ride height without the use of adjuster cams. I made a mistake by showing it around. I am going to stick with that setup as it is better than whats available now even in its prototype form.

As for the adjustable droop, really the only way to adjust it is with shock length. I am working on a mount that will maintain shock length while changing shock angle. Unfortunately, I need to keep things under wraps until it is ready for production. I learned my lesson.
J Concepts
Old 11-14-2012, 07:48 AM   #2532
Tech Master

Excellent. Figured you had already thought about it, so I'll wait...
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:30 PM   #2533
Tech Initiate

Default Booster

Hey thanks again for the many posts about the booster. I think I am going with the Novak. Im just getting back into 12th scale. I think this car will make it easier returning to the track. I had to send my tekin rs pro back to get fixed. Cant wait to run the car. This forum hold alot of good info. Thanks again!
Old 11-16-2012, 01:55 PM   #2534
Tech Initiate

Default adjustable rear ride height

Wow adjustable rear ride height. No Cams. I have never seen that before. Is this something you will be selling in the future? I have the metal cams. I used them in my oval car for years. Being able to adjust the rear ride hight by mm's would help level the car a lot.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:23 PM   #2535
Tech Lord

There will be infinite adjustment with the rear pod. I will have pics up when the car is complete. The new pod will be a standard feature on our new car.
J Concepts