R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-28-2011, 06:09 PM   #2266
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
Hey i wanna email jason i need some parts to get my car all ready to go what email is the best one to get up with him.

Also iv done alot of reading today about setup to try and improve my car and im looking into switching my center spring from Blue to Gold. I need the car to have more on power steering. The track has 4 180deg turns and i have to wait much later in the turn to get on the throttle then i see others doing and also feel theres away to speed it up in the turns. Would a Blue to Gold spring switch be a good Idea?????

Also i plan on trying mounting the servo Flat as i see almost 90% of the guys run flat. Would the also help me with steering in the turns??

I have the speed in the straights but i just feel i have to slow down more then others to stay in the groove in the turns...

Also I LOVE MY COPPER HEAD
Today someone told me the stiffer top spring just makes the car more aggressive but what would be best is to learn for your self

Try the harder and notice results and make sure your ride height is as was with blue

Then go to whatever is less than blue and notice the difference while also keeping the ride height the same

What is less than blue by the way silver?

Otherwise on power is usually gained by adding castor

good luck
Old 11-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #2267
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Alrite Thanks. Im going try next time just sadly i live away from the track and dont get a ton of practice time so was just looking into what id expect to see. also ill try more castor im running 5deg with both shims in the front Which after looking more i see this is actualy negative castor which i think is a bad idea and one of my many rookie mistakes...

Last edited by markiemark; 11-28-2011 at 07:07 PM.
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 06:31 PM   #2268
Tech Champion

Jason posted this on facebook today...think you guys will enjoy this
Attached Thumbnails
BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support-new-ch12-prototype.jpg  
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:38 PM   #2269
Tech Master

Looks awesome. I wonder if he's still going to do the new rear pod he posted a while ago or if he's going to do something else?
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 07:41 PM   #2270
Tech Master

On most tracks going gold will give more steering. You could also try more tire sauce if you're not already covering the entire front. Softer springs or a softer front rubber will also increase steering. Lowering the front ride height and/or raising the rear will alter the steering. Stiffer rear flex plates or heavier silicon in the tubes will also increase it. BUT, the effect of each of these is slightly different, you need to try one or two of these to see what works for you.
Old 11-28-2011, 08:34 PM   #2271
Tech Addict

Ok Thank you now with my front end its a 12r5 front end i have both shims in the front which i see after looking at setup sheets was a bad idea now to start which would be the best castor to start 1.8 3.25 or 6.15?
Old 11-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #2272
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF View Post
Looks awesome. I wonder if he's still going to do the new rear pod he posted a while ago or if he's going to do something else?
E
Something I'm waiting to see also.

Ran my CH12 on carpet for the first time last week (first time on carpet, period). Very easy to wheel. Do need to get a little more on power steering going... but this is only after 8-10 minutes or more of straight practice laps on a very tight/tech track. I think a little push at that point is perhaps to be expected.
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:14 PM   #2273
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
Ok Thank you now with my front end its a 12r5 front end i have both shims in the front which i see after looking at setup sheets was a bad idea now to start which would be the best castor to start 1.8 3.25 or 6.15?
3.25 is the most used setting, but the CH12 seems to like caster, so try both and see what you like, it's easy to change.
Old 11-28-2011, 09:26 PM   #2274
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I'm really tore between this or the Team RC12R5.1

I've always love Team stuff. IM very used to it just about everything they have come out with, But usually I have to wait a week for my parts. But then there is this and i like the fact the company is about an hour drive from me.

any advise?
For_the_win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 03:47 AM   #2275
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

New pod will come. I dont have it done yet but it will come. Cool thing is that you dont need a short battery to be true inline on the car. Plus you have the option to run it conventionally or like the CH10 as a mid pack car with the electronics behind the battery. You can run links and springs or flex plates.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 04:50 AM   #2276
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by For_the_win View Post

I've always love Team stuff. IM very used to it just about everything they have come out with, But usually I have to wait a week for my parts. But then there is this and i like the fact the company is about an hour drive from me.

any advise?

home town support.
J better dust off the B4 me got's one
Old 11-29-2011, 07:43 AM   #2277
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

Quote:

any advise?
I can only tell you that I've run all of Jason's cars; still have and run my original DB12r from time to time. He uses the best quality materials and I've been very happy with all my cars. You would see his cars on the podium alot if; like many other volume brands; Jason chose to operate an expensive sponsered race team. Nothing wrong with the 12r5, its a good car but I perfer to support quality US made products over imports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 SMOKE View Post
home town support.
J better dust off the B4 me got's one
This aint no dirt squirting thread

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:52 AM   #2278
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:

any advise?
FWIW... I truly enjoy the fact that if I hit something, or someone hits me (hey it does happen from time to time) that as soon as I get back on the gas, the car is going to track perfectly, no tweak... I know this is a better comparison to the t-bar cars but the CH12 is just so easy to live with. I like having the plates vs. the links/springs, you just don't have to fool with tweak issues the way you do with other cars. No compromise quality to the kit .
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 07:53 AM   #2279
Tech Master

Quote:

any advise?
For the Win... I'd go with BMI, the quality and support is great, and like Chris said "I perfer to support quality US made products over imports"

Who would have thought that AE would be an imported product?? Nothing against them I hvae several of thier cars and trucks, but for 1/12 I keep coming back to BMI.
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #2280
Tech Addict

I just got the double wishbone front end from the guy i bought my car from and was thinking of putting it on the car and trying it.

Whats most people running the wishbone or the standard king pin front end?