R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-13-2011, 07:29 PM   #2206
Tech Addict
 
markiemark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milford ,DE
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

No sorry i race at mushroom bowl. Its crc carpet they just layed. Just seemed car was dialed till the 4-5 min range then it just wouldnt turn in like it did. and when i came off track looked at tires and the fronts where super shiny. Any ideas or things i can test?
__________________
~ ~Blue Diamond Park Raceway~~
~~~~D Main Champ~~~~
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:18 PM   #2207
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
No sorry i race at mushroom bowl. Its crc carpet they just layed. Just seemed car was dialed till the 4-5 min range then it just wouldnt turn in like it did. and when i came off track looked at tires and the fronts where super shiny. Any ideas or things i can test?
Have you tried the black front. I hear they work good if tires get greasy like you are suggesting

Otherwise I've heard that the black ft and yellow rear are a good combo
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #2208
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,690
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default

Wow fresh carpet and your getting glazing this early, must have a big turnout to get the grip up that fast. Anyway like Infinite suggested you should try some black fronts, everyone claims that thay dont glaze or gum up and are the ticket for high traction. Our track never gets above a med grip so I've never needed to try that combo myself.
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #2209
Tech Addict
 
markiemark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milford ,DE
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Yea they ran Sat night maybe 20 car total 3 hrs practice then 3 heats and mains and it already has a groove. Also i was wondering will having to large of a tire effect anything like that? I didnt have a truer on hand so i ran 45mm rears and 44mm fronts. Next week im going to drop to 43mm rears 42mm front.

Also is going up to a harder tire the right thing to do if the tire is glazing?


SO magentas as a rear wouldnt be very good at all? I bought some jacos and ment to get pinks but i got magentas by accident so i got

2 pair magenta rears
1 pair magenta fronts
1 pair dbl pink fronts
1 pair lilac fronts.
2 pair of trc yellow rim pink rears

Im trying to use what i have as im broke after this weekend lol..
__________________
~ ~Blue Diamond Park Raceway~~
~~~~D Main Champ~~~~
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 08:57 PM   #2210
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Dallas TX
Posts: 325
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fall Classic hosted by Mikes Hobby Shop Dallas

Drove the Copperhead to a solid 3rd place in Blinky 17.5 class today! We had triple A mains and I finished 3rd, 3rd, 4th so I took the 3rd place trophy.

First and second place was one by really fast traveling sponsered racers with ubber motors and batteries so I feel good about 3rd.

Plus I had the only BMI of 17 12th scales at the track and there where a lot of people that thought the front end looked cool
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 09:10 PM   #2211
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
Yea they ran Sat night maybe 20 car total 3 hrs practice then 3 heats and mains and it already has a groove. Also i was wondering will having to large of a tire effect anything like that? I didnt have a truer on hand so i ran 45mm rears and 44mm fronts. Next week im going to drop to 43mm rears 42mm front.

Also is going up to a harder tire the right thing to do if the tire is glazing?


SO magentas as a rear wouldnt be very good at all? I bought some jacos and ment to get pinks but i got magentas by accident so i got

2 pair magenta rears
1 pair magenta fronts
1 pair dbl pink fronts
1 pair lilac fronts.
2 pair of trc yellow rim pink rears

Im trying to use what i have as im broke after this weekend lol..
Perhaps not think of tires as softer or harder but what amount of rubber they have in them

Black I'm guessing is a less rubber content than pink/majentas so it deals with traction differently than a rubber based tire
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:20 PM   #2212
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,540
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
Yea they ran Sat night maybe 20 car total 3 hrs practice then 3 heats and mains and it already has a groove. Also i was wondering will having to large of a tire effect anything like that? I didnt have a truer on hand so i ran 45mm rears and 44mm fronts. Next week im going to drop to 43mm rears 42mm front.

Also is going up to a harder tire the right thing to do if the tire is glazing?


SO magentas as a rear wouldnt be very good at all? I bought some jacos and ment to get pinks but i got magentas by accident so i got

2 pair magenta rears
1 pair magenta fronts
1 pair dbl pink fronts
1 pair lilac fronts.
2 pair of trc yellow rim pink rears

Im trying to use what i have as im broke after this weekend lol..
Glazed tires on a new rug sounds off.
What tire sauce is everyone using ?

At the the iic race this year on fresh CRC rug, tires never glazed, and everyone used the same tire sauce, Jack the Gripper.

If you have racers using different sauces, you can get very inconsistent results. Best for all to use the same stuff.

Having said that, black fronts should not glaze as they don't heat up and get sticky like Lilac, Purple & Magenta do.

Magenta Front and Rear is money for mod 12th, usually too much grip for blinky.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 10:52 PM   #2213
Tech Addict
 
markiemark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milford ,DE
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

I was using jack sauced all of them fullybut i think the house compound is sxt or something he was outa it so i had to use jack.. and they where glazed we where cleanin them after every run. The rear pinks didnt glaze very much at all only the fronts. Guess im have just true up all these new obes i got and see what all works. Also when u say to much grip with magenta magenta would magenta pink still be to much grip? Might have to change my all my tires since all mine are they pink family i have zero yellow family tires any one need some new in box jaco 5 pairs total? Or trade for ones i can use for blinky?
__________________
~ ~Blue Diamond Park Raceway~~
~~~~D Main Champ~~~~
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #2214
Tech Fanatic
 
Infinite 12th's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: California
Posts: 877
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
I was using jack sauced all of them fullybut i think the house compound is sxt or something he was outa it so i had to use jack.. and they where glazed we where cleanin them after every run. The rear pinks didnt glaze very much at all only the fronts. Guess im have just true up all these new obes i got and see what all works. Also when u say to much grip with magenta magenta would magenta pink still be to much grip? Might have to change my all my tires since all mine are they pink family i have zero yellow family tires any one need some new in box jaco 5 pairs total? Or trade for ones i can use for blinky?
Pinks are even stickier than mag's

Double pink fronts would be less than magenta and maybe a tire you could try in front to see if you get that glazing you are saying is happening to you

The reason people run the same ft/rear is so if fading or something happens that it happens evenly I believe

Have you seen this awesome post for 12th knowledge
__________________
12th scale - The Jedi class...
Infinite 12th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:35 AM   #2215
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,162
Default

If your having to use compound on the full front then you need to go softer on the front or harder in the rear. At the IIC with my BMI in 13.5 boosted I ran magenta on all 4 corners so that might be the ticket in your case as well. Typically you want full compound on the rears and only about 1/3rd to 1/2 compound on the fronts. Might be your just working the tires to hard and they are gumming up because of it.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:13 AM   #2216
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,918
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

its not always the case to have to change things because of suacing the whole front. I have been suacing the whole front lately just so it keep the crap off my tires instead of having the outsides gum up.
__________________
Serpent project 4x
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 07:18 AM   #2217
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,820
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

From my experience, New carpet fuzzes the tires up and the car starts hooking. Until the fuzz wears off, i run a synthetic tire such as a black or gray up front and a Gray/White rear. Blinky 17.5, the car will usually be too stuck with anything but synthetic tires. I run Magenta front and rear or magenta rear pink front in 13.5 boosted or mod. 17.5 i stick with synthetic rubber tires in most all cases.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:08 AM   #2218
Tech Addict
 
markiemark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milford ,DE
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for all the info. And they guys running 13.5 never had a problem with glazing as lobg as them cleaned them good every run and the where runnin same tires magenta/pink. Im get a set of blacks and grey-lows or yellows next week and try
__________________
~ ~Blue Diamond Park Raceway~~
~~~~D Main Champ~~~~
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:39 AM   #2219
Tech Champion
 
RedBullFiXX's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Intergalactic Planetary
Posts: 6,540
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
Thanks for all the info. And they guys running 13.5 never had a problem with glazing as lobg as them cleaned them good every run and the where runnin same tires magenta/pink. Im get a set of blacks and grey-lows or yellows next week and try
Could it be they are running cleaner lines and doing a better job staying in the groove ?

Any track will have da Fuzz off line, run in that enough, and no tire is immune.
__________________
--> 12th scale Information Source <--

"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
― Oliver Wendell Holmes Jr.
RedBullFiXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #2220
Tech Addict
 
markiemark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Milford ,DE
Posts: 721
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Yes they where on point run laps within .1 all nite. Im a crap driver honestly my first time ever with a 12th scale so i was in the groove outa the groove all over to be honest. Will thqt cause my glazin issue
__________________
~ ~Blue Diamond Park Raceway~~
~~~~D Main Champ~~~~
markiemark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:08 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0