R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #2131
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWMAN View Post
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the Copperhead. I will be buying a copperhead kit and I was wondering if there are any spare parts i should get? I am buying the kit with the new front end so are there any pieces to that that break? I have a DB12rr already so I have ride hieght adjusters for the pods and such

Thanks in advanced
To be honest that front end is very strong. but i would definately buy:

1.8mm flex plates for the front end
2mm axle spacers to bring the track width wider
extra steering blocks
some silver long ball studs (i use these for the steering blocks when i run the servo flat on the chassis)
possibly a spare front hinge pin brace.

for the back end of the car i would get :

1.2mm carbon flex plates
diff rings
diff balls

but also pick up some bsr magenta foams for the front and rear from bmi site as well.

everything listed above is from the bmiracing.com website.
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:13 AM   #2132
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWMAN View Post
Hey guys, I have a quick question about the Copperhead. I will be buying a copperhead kit and I was wondering if there are any spare parts i should get? I am buying the kit with the new front end so are there any pieces to that that break? I have a DB12rr already so I have ride hieght adjusters for the pods and such

Thanks in advanced
Here's a list of parts I have compiled that one should have to maintain their Copperhead 12:

CH1041 - Copperhead 12 Chassis Brace
CH1071 - 7075 2MM FRONT AXLE SPACERS
CH1070 - FRONT STANDOFF SET (2mm extended)
CH2001 - 1.8 MM FRONT FLEX PLATES PAIR
CH2002 - 1.5 MM FRONT FLEX PLATES PAIR
CH2010 - COPPERHEAD NEW LOWER FRONT ARMS
CH2060 - STEERING BLOCK WITH HELICOIL
CH3017 - Copperhead 1.2 Carbon Fiber Flex Links
CH3018 - Copperhead 1.5 Carbon Fiber Flex Links
CH3019 - Copperhead Fiberglass Flex Links
CH3025 - FRONT UPPER EYELETS WITH PIVOT BALL
CH3029 - SINGLE MOUNT PIVOT BALL HOUSING WITH PIVOT BALL PAIR
DB1080 - Body Mounts
DB1081 - Body Mount Pivot
DB1093 - ball cups
DB3020 - Center Pivot Ball Housing and Ball, Delrin/Alloy
DB3029 - Flex Plate Pivot Ball Housings Complete
DB3055 - Center Shock Spring, Blue 10lb.
DB3056 - Center Shock Spring, Gold 12lb.
DB3057 - Center Shock Spring, Red 14lb.
DB4050 - Rear Axle Shim, Alloy 3mm
DB5305 - Carbon Servo Saver Brace
DB5401 - Bumper, DB12R, High Density Foam
DB6495 - Standard Nickel Teflon Ball Studs

and

CLN3381 - Rear Ride Height Spacer Set - Calandra Racing Concepts
pmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:39 PM   #2133
Tech Champion

Default At the IIC

Well finally after a rough week I got in a couple of good runs. I was running in first in 1/12th 13.5 E main for a bit but lost my concentration and fell back to 4th. But the car finally felt good and for the most part I felt pretty good about my run. For awhile there Me, Frank, and Rob were running 1, 2, 3 (all BMI cars) but in the end that wasn't in the cards. Unfortunately something broke on Frank's car and he had to pull his car. Rob drove a great race going from first to last in the early laps and working his way back through the whole field to take first in the end. In WGT I had a great run in the C main going from 5th at the start to 4th by the 2nd turn then passed 3rd and 2nd on the track and closed up on the leader but was unable to get close enough to pass him. In WGT early on Eric got tangled up and damaged his car so he had a tough run that one. I didn't catch Eric and Rob's other runs so they'll have to tell you how those went.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 12:58 PM   #2134
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

I saw that WGT main on liverc, congrats a very nice run you had. Too bad that Eric had such a rough run of it.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 10:19 PM   #2135
Tech Master

I finished second in the E. I didn't seem to get my gearing right until the main (thanks Ray M. and Lee). I think the finish on liverc might have me as 3rd but I did finish in 2nd. For some reason if you started after the loop it didn't count the first lap.
E

Had a fast 40 to Ray Miser (Phx racer) 41 8:10. He made the extra lap.

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"

Last edited by EricF; 10-08-2011 at 10:22 PM. Reason: To add more stuff
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #2136
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Tire Question
My Track i sputting down fresh ozite and i picked up meganta rears and meganta fronts dbl pink fronts and lilac frontsi was curious how would i know when i should change to a harder front tire
Old 10-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #2137
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Hey Guys,
For those running Jasons new front end, did you guys seal the lower arms like you would do the chassis or did you not bother?

Thanks in advance
CREWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #2138
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

i did
Old 10-15-2011, 06:12 PM   #2139
Tech Elite

i sealed them . but i wouldnt seal the flex plates as it might affect the flex. but make sure to use a little bit of bearing oil on the screws threading into the carbon fiber and also thread the set-screws into the flex plates very carefully.
Old 10-15-2011, 06:53 PM   #2140
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

So Jason any updates on the new parts? Not that we're anxious or anything like that you know .

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #2141
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiemark View Post
Tire Question
My Track i sputting down fresh ozite and i picked up meganta rears and meganta fronts dbl pink fronts and lilac frontsi was curious how would i know when i should change to a harder front tire
When your car has too much steering everywhere (going in and out of the corner) and your saucing the inside 1/8 of your tires.
E

People who don't have to wait for the latest item, should not tell those that do, that "It's worth the wait"
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:21 AM   #2142
Tech Adept

Default Motor mount

Hi

Can anyone help me with the part number for the copperhead 12 motor mount , in the copper colour ??? Can find it on the home page

thanks in advance

Michael
johnsen-dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:01 AM   #2143
Tech Elite

CH1051 Right Pod Plate, Alloy the part #'s with a CH in them are for the copperhead which are copper colored.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:50 PM   #2144
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Wow, it is very disappointing to see 1/12th turnout like TC did. All of the new cars popping up with no real added benefit or change besides rotating weight in place and boasting huge changes. Its sad in one respect as i feel that innovation for 1/12th has been on the decline and funny at the same time with all of the bogus claims made.lol I see claims of "being the 1st true inline 1/12th car". Ummm, i think not. I have seen many. Darkside has been making them that way for a long time as have others.

I am all for ultimate adjustment but come on now, Inline battery does mellow the car out over rearward positioning but does in no way make it leaps and bounds better. It is a nice tuning option but it ends there. It would be nice to see something a little further outside the box if there are to be such drastic handling improvement claims. I am looking at some of this stuff popping up on here and i am just shaking my head. I really feel bad for the people who are trusting the manufacturers to be honest in there claims. The people are the ones who are going to have to justify why they just dropped a bunch of money for a battery rotation.

Sorry for the rant guys. Its just hard to look at when i have been working really hard on actually trying to release big and drastic improvements. I didnt get to release them yet as i am still working at it. Stuff like this is going to take credibility away from the ones who really are putting alot of effort into development. Its getting like TC where about every car out there is so close to the same that they even can share parts.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:03 PM   #2145
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by protc3 View Post
Wow, it is very disappointing to see 1/12th turnout like TC did. All of the new cars popping up with no real added benefit or change besides rotating weight in place and boasting huge changes. Its sad in one respect as i feel that innovation for 1/12th has been on the decline and funny at the same time with all of the bogus claims made.lol I see claims of "being the 1st true inline 1/12th car". Ummm, i think not. I have seen many. Darkside has been making them that way for a long time as have others.

I am all for ultimate adjustment but come on now, Inline battery does mellow the car out over rearward positioning but does in no way make it leaps and bounds better. It is a nice tuning option but it ends there. It would be nice to see something a little further outside the box if there are to be such drastic handling improvement claims. I am looking at some of this stuff popping up on here and i am just shaking my head. I really feel bad for the people who are trusting the manufacturers to be honest in there claims. The people are the ones who are going to have to justify why they just dropped a bunch of money for a battery rotation.

Sorry for the rant guys. Its just hard to look at when i have been working really hard on actually trying to release big and drastic improvements. I didnt get to release them yet as i am still working at it. Stuff like this is going to take credibility away from the ones who really are putting alot of effort into development. Its getting like TC where about every car out there is so close to the same that they even can share parts.
So when is your inline chassis coming out ...lol

Just kidding

Welcome to the world of marketing...