R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-21-2011, 10:25 AM   #1756
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,276
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

its quite in here,so i got boarded today and starting goofing off http://flpancars.webs.com/ its a working progress of just fun things
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*TLR Racing*DE Racing*92 Zero Design*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:17 PM   #1757
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,926
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

yep definately quiet in here. time to get it back up to the top . now that it is time to gear up for outdoor season anybody got any good set-ups for a med grip parking lot track ? I have not ran my ch12 yet outdoors so i dont have a set-up for ya guys at the moment. but lets see what everyone else uses for there set-ups. get em posted guys.
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 12:12 PM   #1758
Tech Lord
 
20 SMOKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: HVR_ WEEKI WACHEE FL
Posts: 10,276
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

i run the kit setup outdoors with 35-40wt oil,with magenta's all around

sent a pm Jason
__________________
Jamie W
*Team Tekin*TLR Racing*DE Racing*92 Zero Design*AKA*DDHRC*
20 SMOKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:02 PM   #1759
Tech Elite
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,745
Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default

We dont have any asphalt 1/12 here anymore but when we did I ran my 12r out of the box with one step-up on the center spring and dbl pink all round. This track was preped with soda and I was running 1s 13.5.
__________________
Sponsered by:

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 02:48 PM   #1760
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,176
Default

Switching to pink rears and double pink fronts on my CH12 was great in yesterday's practice. I was able to go back up to the gold center spring and had enough grip all around to carry more cornering speed then I was before. Looking forward to the next time I can race it
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:03 PM   #1761
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,926
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

thats awesome.. let us know how it goes the next time you run.
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:12 PM   #1762
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,176
Default

I should mention it is on an asphalt track. Unfortunately our next race that I will be able to go to will not be until late May or early Jun...I have to double check the schedule. We have a between season break coming up to do some track maintenance and a couple holidays interfering with normal race dates.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 12:24 PM   #1763
AOD
Tech Regular
 
AOD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: 9th Island
Posts: 471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I should mention it is on an asphalt track. Unfortunately our next race that I will be able to go to will not be until late May or early Jun...I have to double check the schedule. We have a between season break coming up to do some track maintenance and a couple holidays interfering with normal race dates.
Pizza race this Sunday is the only race in May. I think the next season will start in June. I guess you will have to wait till then to see if you have anything for my db12rr.
AOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 02:12 PM   #1764
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Hawaii, USA
Posts: 7,176
Default

I think I will At least it seems faster in the corners so far. How much of the gap I can close remains to be seen. But based off of how it ran against Bob's car which used to run well against yours...well the June race will be interesting. And Goots got his car running much better too...so it will be up to our two BMIs to fend off the non-BMIs.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #1765
Tech Master
 
Big Features's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Currituck, North Carolina
Posts: 1,879
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspGadgt View Post
I think I will At least it seems faster in the corners so far. How much of the gap I can close remains to be seen. But based off of how it ran against Bob's car which used to run well against yours...well the June race will be interesting. And Goots got his car running much better too...so it will be up to our two BMIs to fend off the non-BMIs.
Figures, just as pan cars take off again, I leave the island.
__________________
Mike Kling
Team Associated REEDY Powered
JConcepts TXD Skin Graphix
Big Features is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 04:33 PM   #1766
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,161
Default

Been looking at a CH12 for a friend and his center pivot and one of his side pivots have noticeable play in them. Is this common, are these worn, can it be fixed, ignored or must it be replaced? Personally I would like a two piece cup so play could be eliminated with a bit of sanding or shimming. The rest of the kit seems to be very high quality, so it's a little disappointing.
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:14 PM   #1767
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,926
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

i would say it is time to replace them. a tiny bit of play is acceptable but if it is excessive play then yes replace them.
jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:03 PM   #1768
Tech Master
 
LonnyJ1950's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ. USA
Posts: 1,161
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
i would say it is time to replace them. a tiny bit of play is acceptable but if it is excessive play then yes replace them.
What is the correct part number for the link pivot ball assembly? The one in the instructions refers to a 2 piece housing, obviously not the correct part.
__________________
Lonny
LonnyJ1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:20 AM   #1769
Tech Elite
 
jeff jenkins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Snohomish, WA
Posts: 3,926
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
What is the correct part number for the link pivot ball assembly? The one in the instructions refers to a 2 piece housing, obviously not the correct part.
here are the part number and descriptions from the site i just copied them on to here.


DB3020 Center Pivot Ball Housing and Ball, Delrin/Alloy

DB3025 Alloy 1/4" Rear Suspension Pivot Balls

DB3029 Flex Plate Pivot Ball Housings Complete

jeff jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:18 AM   #1770
Tech Lord
 
protc3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Spring Hill,Florida
Posts: 10,829
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950 View Post
Been looking at a CH12 for a friend and his center pivot and one of his side pivots have noticeable play in them. Is this common, are these worn, can it be fixed, ignored or must it be replaced? Personally I would like a two piece cup so play could be eliminated with a bit of sanding or shimming. The rest of the kit seems to be very high quality, so it's a little disappointing.
They can develop a small amount of vertical play. It is not very critical unless it is side to side play. This is not common. A little vertical play will not be noticeable or problematic. There will need to be a small amount of vertical play in order for the ball not to stick when pivoting in the housing. I went away from the adjuster screw because it was too difficult for some people to adjust and when they would over tighten the screws, the car wouldn't work well due to it, and then they sell the car with ill feeling towards the car. The new pivots work extremely well and do not need any tinkering.
__________________
Jason Breiner
BMI Racing
Team Associated
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:05 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net