R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-17-2011, 03:12 AM   #1606
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Hey Jason, I will be putting an order together in a few days and wanted to know if you could get ahold of John (BSR) and find out if we could get the equivalent of the CRC Gray Fronts in? Grays and Black fronts seems to be the hot ticket at 3 of my local tracks here.

Thanks brah .....call ya later

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 03:32 AM   #1607
Tech Master

it is kidna off topic but what thickness are the carbon thick and thin DB10RR hockeysticks?
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #1608
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

the thin is about 1.5mm for the thick I donīt know as I just have the thin ones..
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 11:13 AM   #1609
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

For our CH12 and 10 i offer 1.2mm C/f as soft, 1.5mm fiberglass as medium and 1.5mm C/F as stiff. I will need to go through my inventory to see what the stiffest DB10R flex plates i have are. I believe i have .075 fiberglass ones for the stiff in stock.
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:10 AM   #1610
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up February Freeze Race hosted by Mike's Hobby Shop

Running my Copperhead w/NFE in this race in Dallas TX. I am probably the only one running a BMI car and it is working great. We had a club race last night and I took 2nd in super stock. Tonight is the first day of qualifying.

There is going to be a bunch of talented competition including Chris Methini, Andrew Doherty and Mike Dumas. Hopefully I can sneak my way into the
A-main.

I will post updates when time permits.

WISH ME LUCK
racer robert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:18 AM   #1611
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

good luck man
Old 02-19-2011, 12:12 PM   #1612
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good Luck Buddy. If you need any setup help let us know
J Concepts
protc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:15 PM   #1613
Tech Champion

Good luck Robert! Go get em!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #1614
Tech Regular

Default February Freeze Race hosted by Mike's Hobby Shop

Finished with the first round of qualifying. Out of eleven I am in 5th. Early in my run I had a run in with a back marker that put me into a board and popped out a front body clip. For the last 6 minutes of the round I had the front of my body flopping around but still managed to put in a decent run. I am within two laps of the faster drivers. Two laps is not that far behind, lap times are in the high 9 second range.

Even with that the car is very easy to drive fast so I anticipate things will only get better!
Old 02-19-2011, 10:16 PM   #1615
Tech Master

Nice job Robert. Relax and drive your car, don't pressure yourself to match them. Good Luck.
Old 02-20-2011, 11:22 AM   #1616
Tech Regular

I had some isuues during qualifying (with traffic not the car) and slipped back to 10th place. Finally during the LCQ I had a really nice run, improved by 5 seconds and am starting 6th in the A-main.

The car has been so easy to drive I didn't need to change a thing except add a little more pre-load to the front springs. I was touching the chassis down in fast corners causing a push. Qoarter turn on the set screws fixed that right up!
Old 02-20-2011, 03:52 PM   #1617
Tech Champion

Wow!! Had a great first outing with my CH12. All new ride & electronics, so I wasn't too sure if everything was going to work, lol. And I was right....had to move the MyLaps transponder on top of my servo; it was spotty in the 1st Qual.

But the car performed flawlessly right from jump. Set up wasn't different than on my DB12RR except for the laydown servo position. This is the smoothest car that I've EVER ran. Corner speed with this thing is phenomenal!! Everyone was pretty much even in the speed department, but where my car stood out was with the corner speed. I didn't change a thing all day except for gearing. Set TQ and won. I just wished MORE of our faster drivers were out running but yesterday was a really good gauge. I don't get to run even half as often as I would like to, so its nice to have a raceday where all you're thinking about is driving.

Jason...I don't even know where to go from here. Maybe I'll just try different shit to see what works or doesn't/ what makes the car better or doesn't....ya know
I can't wait to see what the mad-hatter has coming down the pipe

B M I fo life!!!

Old 02-20-2011, 04:28 PM   #1618
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach

Nice one JayBee.

What setup were you running?

We're running 17.5 boosted locally right now, and I think my setup is off slightly, but I don't know where to start, and I think my 2 1/2 year old motor is down on power a bit, the rest is driving.
Old 02-20-2011, 05:40 PM   #1619
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryLeach View Post
Nice one JayBee.

What setup were you running?

We're running 17.5 boosted locally right now, and I think my setup is off slightly, but I don't know where to start, and I think my 2 1/2 year old motor is down on power a bit, the rest is driving.
Thanks brah...

My set-up was pretty outta the box w/#4 Shurlube in the front damper tube, no spacers underneath the hingepin block. And hingepin caster spacers towards the rear of the car. Since my servo is laid down, I've had to use the medium ballstuds w/2mm of spacers underneath them. I have just a scoche of bump toe-in. Thin front flexplates w/setscrews in the outboard position. .25-degrees of camber. Tires had a decent amount of size to them- BSR Blacks @ 43mm (sauced 3/4's for about 12min.'s). Ride height @ 4mm w/1mm of front-end droop.
At the rear of the car had the stock C/F side links; 30wt c-shock oil & CRC white (Assoc. Blue) spring. #4 Shurlube in the damper tubes, no rear pod sag but 1mm of rear pod droop. Rear tires were BSR Gray/Whites @ 44.75mm (sauced full rears for about 12min,'s).
We normally run no boost 13.5 up here, but since we just had Regionals, the guys had 17.5's in their cars.
I was running a D3, 78t spur w/54t pinion. I tried to stay around a 96mm rollout.
Dude....I'm gonna throw a 13.5 D3 in and see how far I can LEAN into the car with this set-up (well not EXACTLY, I did put the taller standoffs in) I'm loving this car.....

B M I fo life!!!!

Old 02-20-2011, 06:42 PM   #1620
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HarryLeach

Bah... I was afraid you'd say something like that.

I use diff lubes, don't have shurlube, and nobody [that I'm aware of] at my local track uses the stuff, so we all use high weight diff lubes.

Which means I'm having a heck of a time finding what range I should be in on the tubes when everyone on this thread is using shurlube!

Looking at the laptimes from the main yesterday, it seems like my car comes in too early in the run [lap 4] and starts biting too much as you get later in the run, which follows with my impressions [rare inside tire lift if I pinch off a corner].

For the main yesterday I was using:
1.8 plates up front [soft]
tall stands
50k in the tube
3.5mm ride height
.5mm droop
1.5 camber
jaco dbl pink tires
caster shims split [one front one rear]

1.2 links in the rear
gold spring
ae 40wt oil
shock short
.5mm sag
3.5mm ride height
1mm pod droop
15k in the tubes
CRC Greylows

sauce was paragon, 1/3 in the fronts, full rears, about 20 minutes on each. Wiped 5 minutes prior and then scrubbed in on the track before the tone.

The car likes to push REAL hard the first 2 laps, then it's on rails and making up time [or at least not losing time] for the next 3-4 minutes, then it seems to scrub a lot of speed in the high speed corners, but carry more speed and make up time in the lower speed quick corners.

I'm open to suggestions.