Ce Pitbull X3

Old 04-12-2004, 07:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey guys I got the chance to use one this weekend and all I have to say is that this thing has some very nice features. I didnt have time to get the step charge setup but just the normal charge seemed to pack a better charge in my cells then my 35 or Millenium Pro ever did. So the first time use for me this thing is already great.....I will try the step charge this weekend and let you know how that works.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Addict

it charges better than the 35??

does that mean that there will be a new turbo charger??
Old 04-12-2004, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

The GFX is the new 35....what I have is a non GFX Turbo 35.....I have yet to charge a pack on a GFX so I dont know how it compairs to the Pitbull x3.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by jeepnyy
Iam not sure either, but sounds like the same one as that of a ROBITRONICS chargers. It will start with a very high amps then after awhile will switch down to lower amps for longer run time and towards the end of the charge will boost it up. I have yet to get to the robitronics website & verify this. I think Pro-Track chargers have the same features as well.
Robitronic recommends charging at a high amp at the first phase, medium at the second and lower at the third. Like 9, 6, 4 amps. This should result in higher voltage, higher capasity and lower temperature. But from what I've heard from a couple of people who tried it, the pack aint as punchy as on a linear charge. It's probably due to the low pack temperature. Dont know about mod, but it's not good for stock racing.

So Robitronic recently released a new version with nothing less than 4 phases ! The fourth phase is basically a overcharge (programmable, of course), to get the temperature up.

Another choise would be to set the charge rate of the 3. phase at a higher current.
Old 04-13-2004, 01:00 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Cole Trickle
Robitronic recommends charging at a high amp at the first phase, medium at the second and lower at the third. Like 9, 6, 4 amps. This should result in higher voltage, higher capasity and lower temperature. But from what I've heard from a couple of people who tried it, the pack aint as punchy as on a linear charge. It's probably due to the low pack temperature. Dont know about mod, but it's not good for stock racing.

So Robitronic recently released a new version with nothing less than 4 phases ! The fourth phase is basically a overcharge (programmable, of course), to get the temperature up.

Another choise would be to set the charge rate of the 3. phase at a higher current.
most likely i'll set mine at the same voltage for all three stages, the possible gain is not enough to make up for my skills
Old 05-01-2004, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

Default help

Anybody using the triple rate charge mode ?? Can anyone give me a recommended setting or good setting for a 3300 GP. Does the charger make sound while charging ??

thanks in advance
Old 05-02-2004, 01:25 AM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Re: help

Originally posted by dyaz21
Anybody using the triple rate charge mode ?? Can anyone give me a recommended setting or good setting for a 3300 GP. Does the charger make sound while charging ??

thanks in advance
Like the previous PitBull, you can program the charger to shut the sound off, or use different sounds.
Old 05-02-2004, 04:39 AM
BG
Tech Addict

I must say that this is an extremely compact charger. It makes a great second addition to a GFX 35
Old 05-02-2004, 04:58 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up Re: Re: help

Originally posted by TSR6
Like the previous PitBull, you can program the charger to shut the sound off, or use different sounds.
God thing it stil carries this feature. Its a good back-up charger for a GFX. So guys to sum it up what's the best setting for triple rate charge?
Old 05-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Tech Addict

Where do you guys set the mAHr lockout if charging 3300 old packs and new packs ??
Old 05-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Adept

It's an okay charger. Makes a pretty good back up to the Turbo's and man it's nice and small. I was actually expecting a few more features out of it, since it costs almost the same as the feature rich Pulsar Competition.

Those charge, peak etc sounds are ANNOYING Do they have to beep every 4 seconds? I shut them off, but left the charge complete one on and my only complaint is that it keeps playing the sound over and over and over and over and over until I unclip the battery or another racer nearby gets fed up with the alarms and disconnects it for me.

Mine gets kinda hot too, so I have a couple of fans mounted on the back. Nice and cool now even after 4 packs in a row.

The peak detect is kinda strange, can only go up in increments of 4? So I go back and forth between 48 and 52...a nice even 50 would be nice, but oh well

I set my maH lockout to 1000 which is approximately the same time as the long lockout on the Turbo (10 minutes, unless my math is wrong).

Honestly, if I get another non-Turbo series charger, it'll be the Pulsar Competition...

No idea on what to set the triple charge rate, I don't think anyone's done any serious testing on it. If there are results, please post!
Old 05-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Default Record Breaker

Here is another charger that can do step charging.

You can get a rough idea over here .