Acorn Racing

Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Acorn Racing

SpeedWorld is the new US importer for Acorn Racing. I know Billy has only ever brought in the best products and I'm sure this will not be an exception.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:38 PM
Suspended

XPRESS dude, I got this off of redrc.net and rcracer.com had the articles, pretty cool.. Good Luck Billy, you have always done the best job anybody could ever ask for in the industry. I will send my resume in asap for batteries.

Mr. Billy Bowerman

Acorn Racing is currently looking for both club and International drivers to strengthen their team in USA after confirming Speedworld RC, Mr. Billy Bowerman as their official USA distributor for the year 2010.Billy Bowerman of SPEEDWORLD Raceway has been around the racing industry for over 25 years. He has worked for Team Losi and has promoted World and National events since he had started and opened Speedworld Raceway in 1999. Billy has also been an adviser to help open many on-road tracks around the country and still is called to announce plenty of nitro and electric on-road races today. Billy is known for Importing Team Sorex tires since 2000 and developing the newly and successful SJ-R racing pre-mounted tires and other accessories for Team Sorex over the years. Billy also has designed his own hobby shop in California and is well known Speedworld Raceway where they have held numerous ROAR Nationals, N.O.R.R.C.A Worlds and REEDY Race of Champions for the last two years.

He is also known to import some of the best products in the world like, Team Sorex, Xenon, Titan, SWR and Team Luna. His passion and devotion to the hobby today shows that he truly cares about the quality of product he imports and sells to the racers. Billy has taken another step forward to collaborate with this new, vibrant and exciting new company from Singapore, ACORN Racing. He is extremely excited and ready to kick start a business and friendly relationship with ACORN Racing Company.

We would like to proudly introduce Billy Bowerman from Speedworld Hobbies, Sorex USA and SJ-R Racing tires as the official 2010 Distributor and Team Manager for Acorn Racing in the USA. Given Billy’s experience and devotion in the RC community for over 25 years with a list of accomplishments to promoting Nitro and Electric races, we are sure that this new tied up relationship will allow both to grow and soar with greater heights. Billy being a professional racer himself knows what the racers would like out of quality racing products.

If you think you will like to represent Acorn Racing Team USA in EP/GP classes for on-road and off-road racing and contemplating to join and represent the team in the USA. This will be a 100% contracted sponsorship for National Racers and a partial sponsorship for club drivers. There will also be a program for racers using Acorn Racing Products to win money or discounts vouchers.

Please send a detailed resume of your experience in R/C Industry to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Acorn Racing-mr.-billy-bowerman.jpg  
Old 03-05-2010, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello every one, I would like to thank everybody that is interested in running our NEW ACORN lipo batteries. I have received many applications for sponsorship in the last week. I will be sending a letter out to each and every one of you next week. I feel that it would not benefit either one of us on making the decision for any sponsorship until the batteries have been approved by ROAR. If you would like to run our batteries with out ROAR approval please feel free to contact me at any time. ACORN batteries are in the process getting approved now per ACORN Racing. Our ACORN batteries are defiantly safe to run in any event even if they have not been approved by ROAR yet. I will keep every one posted on a regular basis for your convenience. We have been testing them in all sort of r/c vehicle and that have been impressive over the last month here in states. ACORN batteries have been very successful in Singapore race events. Please feel free to go to www.acornracing.com and www.sj-rracing.com for past and current information. Please remember that our C rating is not the higher printed C rating like some batteries on the market today. I am defiantly not bashing any company because I am friends with every company on the market it’s just do not be fooled by are lower printed C rating numbers. They show lower put have the power, punch and endurance that you would imagine in any other top notch racing battery today.

Thank you
Billy Bowerman
Old 03-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

03/21/2010
Both ACORN modified drivers Dujaun Moore and Billy Bowerman both making the A main show at one of the toughest and largest modified class in Northern-California area. 19 modified drivers show up to battle on a very challenging layout. The fastest modified drivers in Northern California showed up to battle to show who the King of Northern California is.
USA Top Racing Team showed up in full force at this very impressive start of the New Year club event. Owner of Top Racing E.J. Evans, Scott Kimbrow, , Eric “Mini Mod” Albano and Jesse Stark along with Team drivers from Associated Lex Tyler and Jason Moberly, Team Hot Bodies driver Scotty "One Lap Wonder" Barnes and from Schumacher Team driver Aaron Young and Juan Aveyita. The only racers that were missing at this event were Kevin Jelich and Tyler Vik which are some of the fastest drivers in the country. 8 of these drivers that showed up for this club event were in the A main or Invite A main class at the 2009 Reedy Race of Champions, now that's impressive.
Congratulations to Lex Tyler for showing off his mad driving skills and the Big WIN and Jason Moberly finishing 2nd which turn out to be the battle of Team Associated drivers to almost a photo finish battle. Lex had the lead from the start and made a small mistake which Mo capitalized to get right on Lex Tyler tail until the end. Billy started in the 10th spot on the grid and moved right into the 4th spot on the first lap with some mistakes and car problems with a few drivers. Billy held on to the 3rd spot for the entire race finishing 6 seconds behind the leaders. The top three drivers were the only drivers to go 17 laps in the A main event.
Only 3 drivers using the NEW ACORN batteries this weekend at this event and how impressive it was for the new company and USA ACORN importer Billy Bowerman. All three drivers that were using ACORN batteries ended up making the A main event in modified and 17.5 class.
Congrats to Dujaun Moore finishing 5th and Billy Bowerman finishing 3rd in the modified class A main event. Only one team driver running ACORN batteries in the 17.5 class this weekend. James Nelson "Nel". Congratulations to Nel making the A main event at one of the toughest and largest 17.5 classes in Northern-California area. 18 drivers showed up in 17.5 class.

Congrats to Nel for winning in a stunning performance fashion with ACORN lipo batteries.
Thanks for everyone support. Billy Bowerman
Old 03-25-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Master

3/20/2010

Congratulations to Eric Torres winning the A main at Outback Raceway with ACORN 5500 batteries last weekend in electric 1/10 scale off-road buggy. Eric and many top drivers in Northern California are getting ready to compete this weekend in two day event at Outback Raceway. Eric switched to ACORN batteries 3 weeks ago and already standing in the winners circle and with a few Top Qualifying spots from several different tracks, Nor-Cal Hobbies and Cap City R/C. Eric is one of few versatile drivers in Northern California that can pick up a radio and drive any r/c vehicle at the competitive level and compete. Outback Raceway is the newest and nicest off-road facility in California. The trackwas built by Kendall Bennett from A main Hobby and WOW what a professional job well done by the company. Northern California drivers are pretty lucky too have some of the best On-Road tacks and facilities around, but now have some of the best Off-Road tracks also. Congratulations too the all the off-road track owners in Northern California. You can not ask for much better groomed track and facilities around and have some of the premier facilities and all the hard work and passion put into their tracks like Nor-Cal Hobbies and Outback Raceway.

Thanks Billy
Old 03-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Master

If you think you will like to represent Acorn Racing Team USA in EP/GP classes for on-road and off-road racing and contemplating to join and represent the team in the USA. This will be a 100% contracted sponsorship for National Racers and a partial sponsorship for club drivers. There will also be a program for racers using Acorn Racing Products to win money or discounts vouchers.

Please send a detailed resume of your experience in R/C Industry to:
[email protected]
[email protected]
Old 03-25-2010, 09:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Are you only interested in fast drivers? Cuz I'm not fast. If you are looking for someone who can show how strong the casings are and how much abuse they can take, I'm the guy you are looking for. JK!

Gratz billy.

The 5500 don't have a price yet on your site, anytime soon? Do you plan to have anything besides 2s packs?
Old 05-05-2010, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Hello everyone, ACORN lipo batteries should have been R.O.A.R aproved at the end of April last month. I should be hearing from R.O.A.R. any day now for aproval on their site. I will be sending out all the paper work to those that sent in request for offical sponsorship by the middle of next week.

Thank you for your support and patience.

If you have any questions or concerns please contact me at any time through www.sj-rracing.com or www.speedworldraceway.com.

Thank you Billy
Old 10-04-2010, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

is acorn going to come out with a 1 cell for 1/12th and oval?
Old 10-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

They have something in the works now. I let you know asap. Thanks TAZ
Old 03-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so any new stuff coming out?