Wiki Posts
Search

Exotek Chassis??

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by or8ital
I think everyone is missing the point. I was over with LW stuff. A lot of people don't run LW stuff, my only issue with it was that its heavy to the battery side in some cases and it would be nice if the weights were more configurable. Even the guy that created these chassis said it was something he was going to look into. Esp for countries that run an even lower weight.

FWIW, I run a T3 now, with the stock chassis and no problems balancing it and I am well below weight.
Im still trying to figure out how you were so batt. heavy. Mine was always ran in the middle hole, an I had no problems. Was always perfect on the Hidy pins. Seeing Hebert's mod car at indoor champs (he runs the Exotek, that there should be an indication of quality/performance for everyone else whos looking into them), he didnt have any weight on the electronics side for balance.

It would be nice if he does different weights for balance at different weights, but for the current ROAR weight of 1420 its perfect
Old 02-28-2010, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

also on heberts car was he running the different rear bulkheads at the time cuz that moves the motor in towards the centerline.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
also on heberts car was he running the different rear bulkheads at the time cuz that moves the motor in towards the centerline.
True. but those would make Orb's balance problem worse (more weight to the battery side).

..anyway, I believe the answer to the OP's quesiton is that Exotek does great work
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

True, I was running the narrow bulkheads as well. Is Herbert running it now? He was measuring mine at the Halloween Classic and I reminded him he couldn't run his servo turned like he does (too narrow) and he seemed a little less interested at the time.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:58 PM
Tech Champion

True, I was running the narrow bulkheads as well. Is Herbert running it now? He was measuring mine at the Halloween Classic and I reminded him he couldn't run his servo turned like he does (too narrow) and he seemed a little less interested at the time.
Im not 100% sure if he still is. When I talked to him at indoor champs, he seemed like he liked it (even with the stock servo location), and was looking forward to running them at the KO GP(he didnt have one for his 13.5 car yet). Christer Andersson (AE Factory Europe driver) runs it as well.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by geeunit1014
Im not 100% sure if he still is. When I talked to him at indoor champs, he seemed like he liked it (even with the stock servo location), and was looking forward to running them at the KO GP(he didnt have one for his 13.5 car yet). Christer Andersson (AE Factory Europe driver) runs it as well.
Hebert ran the Exotek at snowbirds and the more recent Fastcats race, along with the custom bulkheads. Both Hebert and Christer have very similar looking cars from the pictures.
Old 02-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Champion

the only reason i check my cars weight is to make sure its legal, after that, who cares. but thats a topic for another thread as this one was about the chassis
Old 02-28-2010, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Default Balancing Technique

I had the TC5 chassis. The car was too heavy to the battery side and as a result was heavy overall. The weights need to be more configurable. The way it tapes is weird too.
What technique are you using to balance your car? Hudy style balance stands? I.R.S. balance buttons? Digital scales? The Hudy style balance stands and the I.R.S. balance buttons both require holes centered at each end of the chassis which the Exotek chassis already has, so you should be good if you are using either method. Digital scales under the wheels/tires cannot differentiate between balance and tweak if not done correctly. I've seen people trying to use 4 digital scales pull their hair out when trying to balance the car because they are measuring tweak as much as balance.
Attached Thumbnails Exotek Chassis??-hud107880.jpg   Exotek Chassis??-irs3020.jpg  
Old 03-01-2010, 04:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doog
What technique are you using to balance your car? Hudy style balance stands? I.R.S. balance buttons? Digital scales? The Hudy style balance stands and the I.R.S. balance buttons both require holes centered at each end of the chassis which the Exotek chassis already has, so you should be good if you are using either method. Digital scales under the wheels/tires cannot differentiate between balance and tweak if not done correctly. I've seen people trying to use 4 digital scales pull their hair out when trying to balance the car because they are measuring tweak as much as balance.
Catch-up on the thread.
Old 03-01-2010, 07:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Doog
i use both of them the hudy and scales
Old 04-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys, does anyone on here know of a number that i can get in contact with the people at Exotek?

I tried e-mails and pm`s, but still no answer.
Reason i`m trying is, i need a chassis for my T3 and the chassis they are making looks pretty slick.
And i also heard great things about the exotek conversion for the 009.
So i really wanna try their chassis.

Thanks guys.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Hi guys, does anyone on here know of a number that i can get in contact with the people at Exotek?

I tried e-mails and pm`s, but still no answer.
Reason i`m trying is, i need a chassis for my T3 and the chassis they are making looks pretty slick.
And i also heard great things about the exotek conversion for the 009.
So i really wanna try their chassis.

Thanks guys.
Mike Rydwell is the owner of Exotek... he'll answer your email. Trust me. he's just one busy dude.

otherwise he's on here also, maybe a PM?

he sells a great product so i dont doubt thats the reason why he takes awhile to answer.
Old 04-16-2010, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

EXOTEK chassis's are extremely well designed and more importantly cut! Another plus is they are using high grade graphite..... only wish they made one for the TOP car

Have one on my cup racer
Old 04-16-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks alot guys.
Its just that i need a chassis for the T3 asap.
Had a really big accident the other nite and don`t wanna buy another x-ray chassis.
Wanna try out the exotek, heard great things about them from kevin herbert.
Old 04-16-2010, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hello all, I just wanted to say that I love the Exotek chassis. I run it in myTC5R. With all the different battery positions, it is well balanced (depending on what battery you use).

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.