Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Are we in DANGER of.........

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2010, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
As long as you guys continue to only race stock expect even more threads about doom & gloom...

All of this crap is the result of the Sedan racers lack of ability to move up & support the mod class as they should of done years ago.....

Don't come on and post more bitch if your still racing stock after being in the sport for years ..

Your the root of the problem ....

And

Yes !!!

Racing is a sport .....
I totally agree with this post...

Mod doesn't have these problems, want to go faster? Put a quicker motor in, not faff about with esc settings etc.

You may get the hardcore stock drivers saying "well I can nearly go as fast as you with a 13.5 or what ever..." Well if that's the case I'd 99% garuntee they couldn't wheel a mod around as fast as thier 13.5

I do think it's a case of getting people to step up and move on, maybe make stock so mind numbingly boring that no one but novices want to race it....?

I really don't think spec motor classes are useful in the days of lipo and brushless, there's too much to be gained from throwing alot of money at it.

As the saying goes "it wasn't like that in my day" lol

And for the chap who said 12th was so great... I know a few people who have this week trued down up to 50 (yes 50!) pairs of tires for the euros next week.

Luke
Old 02-26-2010, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
I totally agree with this post...

Mod doesn't have these problems, want to go faster? Put a quicker motor in, not faff about with esc settings etc.

You may get the hardcore stock drivers saying "well I can nearly go as fast as you with a 13.5 or what ever..." Well if that's the case I'd 99% garuntee they couldn't wheel a mod around as fast as thier 13.5

I do think it's a case of getting people to step up and move on, maybe make stock so mind numbingly boring that no one but novices want to race it....?

I really don't think spec motor classes are useful in the days of lipo and brushless, there's too much to be gained from throwing alot of money at it.

As the saying goes "it wasn't like that in my day" lol

And for the chap who said 12th was so great... I know a few people who have this week trued down up to 50 (yes 50!) pairs of tires for the euros next week.

Luke
Unsure if you are refering to me or not. Either way I don't think the money a few serious racers put down to be competitive at a major event is relevant when looking at the general cost of entry level club racing. Not aware of too many people truing down 50 pairs of tires for any of our weekend bashfests in 12th stock but if you are convinced 12th is expensive compared to touring car more power to ya!! Perhaps the place where I race is an anomoly? Not much complaining about the cost of racing or ESC's either. We must be a strange or unnaturally content bunch.

I think someone said something a few posts back about more driving and less posting. I need to take that advice.
Old 02-26-2010, 07:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Excuse me- I did not realize this was another thread about ESC.Just for your information the orginal ESC listed for 250.00 when they first came out. Please let me know where to send your kleenex.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jaz406
If we look to the dirtier side of the sport Dirt Off road:

Off Road is booming with slash, Corr and SCT classes filling tracks and race programs all over the country.

I think we have to examine those classes fun factor and the durability of the trucks plus the rtr nature of the trucks as an attraction. Throw a battery in it and go, then buy a better radio later if you want. That's about it for corr and slash.

I believe that there is truly not a great RTR onroad car kit that has these features to attract new racers. I think the car would need these qualities.

*Inexpensive brushed speedo. 15 turn silver can motor.

*lower priced metal gear servo included would be a good combo.

*Beefy/ durable front bumper and suspension

*limited suspension adjustments

*4 realistic body choices

*grippy spec tires on realistic rims

*$200.00 price point

We need these features and marketing by the tracks.

Now does such an RTR exsist?
Good points on why SCT is thriving, and electric off-road in general is booming (1/10th truck, 2wd & 4wd SCT, even expensive 1/8th buggy...but even 1/8th E-buggy is cheap compare to touring car racing). The best feature of the "dirtier side" is well..... the dirt! You can only throw so much horsepower in off-road racing before you're just spinning tires...thus making the new generation of ESC like the Tekins and black diamonds not a necessity to win. All my "retired" ESC like the LRP TC-Spec (great speedos) have all found new life in my off-road vehicles (I even run them in my 4WD SCT, along with older generation Novak 6.5R motors...no shortage on horsepower)

On-road is in great danger of pricing itself out of the reach of the average hobbyist (probably already have). Racers like competition and being competitive, and as the price point of racing goes up, less and less racers are willing to spend the $$$ to keep up (and some switch over to the "dirty" side) and thus less and less racers are racing...making it less attractive to race on-road, and it's a vicious cycle that kinda feeds itself.

Steve
Old 02-27-2010, 03:11 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by grouchy
Two things are killing this hobby.The cost of rc products and all this rambling.
Grouchy by name, and Grouchy by...................

Good to have such a negative attitude, thats whats killing this hobby......... constructive critizm is what is needed

Malc
Old 02-27-2010, 03:57 AM
Tech Champion

r/c doesnt need to be expensive to be fun.

touring cars for the people that want to spend money, m03/m05 chassis class with a good set of rules behind it to keep costs down and fun up.

use the m03/5 class as the stepping stone to touring cars.

You're catering for everyone that way... Look at Eastbourne club, rain or shine, there are guys going there for a weekly racing fix....
Old 02-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

I would like to invite,if you are ever in So.Fla,to come race at the local club races,like coral springs ,superior,adrenaline,so.county,western community,etc.You will have fun and be accomodated with a great experience.there are more tracks in the area,indoor and out,look at the fla forum for locations.They will find a class that will not have you posting a gripe on these boards.
Old 02-27-2010, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Maybe we wouldn't have so many issues If people would get off rc-tech, and actually go the THE TRACK, and resolve them there.
Old 02-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Tech Master

Trouble with these forums is, that the facts are seen in such different ways by different cultures over the world.
I put exactly the same thread on and UK site and there has been a very positive attitude and answers with regards to what in my eyes is a very improtant subject in our great sport.
Some mention that TC is not dropping, but when I went to Snowbirds this year, I was told by the organisers, that the entries for TC were a 3rd down this year, which has to be a telling point of the down turn, and peeps moving over to off road.

There were 27 heats of TC and 12th, and 48 heats of Oval if my memory serves me right, around 600+ racers, where as last year there were apparently over 900+ racers, im not saying that this is soley because of the NEW GEN of esc's, but it does show how things have turned.

Cheers Malc
Old 02-27-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by tino
I would like to invite,if you are ever in So.Fla,to come race at the local club races,like coral springs ,superior,adrenaline,so.county,western community,etc.You will have fun and be accomodated with a great experience.there are more tracks in the area,indoor and out,look at the fla forum for locations.They will find a class that will not have you posting a gripe on these boards.
+1
Old 02-27-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mark506
Maybe we wouldn't have so many issues If people would get off rc-tech, and actually go the THE TRACK, and resolve them there.
+2