Wiki Posts
Search

F1 Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 07:57 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Decals

salrusso

Check out this site. It may give you some ideas. Lot's of good info there.

http://www.formula1-rc.com/articles/Decals.asp

(main site) http://www.formula1-rc.com/
Old 10-23-2001, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Psycho.. Just got the price on the Cross Kit... I will have it in 2 days..... race it this weekend. Got a small servo, and a GM V4 for it....

Cross F-1 $134.95 no body... but with tires...
I am excited to get this kit....

www.mdiracing.com they have em.
Old 10-23-2001, 02:59 PM
Tech Master

Sweet! I just got back from Castle. They have 'em too! $149, though. I think I'll stick with Tamiya for now and maybe get a new car for next season.
Old 10-23-2001, 03:02 PM
Tech Champion

I will be able to run both of them in the next couple of weeks, will tell ya what I think.... I am just so psyched ( no pun intended )... to run the cross car...
Old 10-24-2001, 12:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey ya all!

I want to know what I sould make the roll out on a direct drive 1/10th drag racer?Im going to run a 7turn Ti reedy motor!

Thanx!
Old 10-31-2001, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

The cross is all built, running tonight for the first time, This car is pretty cool, hopefully it will handle as good as it looks
Old 10-31-2001, 09:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Corally F-1

Just wanted to know if anyone is running the Corally F-1. I made some modifications, just wanted to compare notes.
Old 10-31-2001, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Corally F-1

salrusso

I know a couple guys that race them. I'll help if I can. Here's a few basics that I can tell you for sure. Don't use the rear wing that came with the car. It's very brittle, so use a Tamiya or HPI wing instead. The steering linkage is kind of strange. I was told the instructions are pretty confusing. These guys ended up using a Tamiya high torque servo saver and a couple tie rods to hook up the steering. Leave the gearing as is if you are using a stock motor. It's around 6:1 and the car is friggin fast out of the box. The stock tires are a bit soft to be useful. Run Associated pinks or greens in back and purples up front to start out with. I hope that helps.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:14 AM
Tech Champion

Ran the Cross last night......

Handled sweet, had much more steering than my 103. Just seemed more predicable. Pretty fast with the stock gearing and a black can. I do not like the Tires that came with it... gonna try a set of Tamiya's as we only run rubber. Gonna switch out the rear wing, seems like it is made out of rubber.

Overall, after some tweeking, I know this one is a winner. Pretty tough too. I hit a concrete barrier @ full speed, and did not break anything.

Gonna put the graphite axel in it, and a tamiya shock.
Old 11-01-2001, 05:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Spooky, Where do you run in Florida? Hitting barriers, you must be an speed animal!
Old 11-01-2001, 06:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Spooky: how do you run the battery in that car. Do you run it across the chassis(Tamiya style) or along the length of the chassis?
Old 11-01-2001, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Salrusso. Greetings from Malta.

We have quite a few years experience here with F1, though unfortunately we are not running them this year as there were not enough entries at the beginning of the year he club to warrant a class.

My son and I both run Corallys. If you want the best F1 that has got to be the one. It is a serious racer, strong and very adjustable, and right on the weight limit.

I made up a couple of carbon fibre chassis for them both, using saddle battery configuration. This has the advantages of giving you more space for the electrics and keeping the weight more concentrated towards the middle of the car.

I did this conversion on almost every Corally F1 racing locally and even a couple of HPIs - all with excellent results.

If you play with graphite or composite front arms and leaf springs you can vary front grip accordingly. Some guys prefer the standard composite items, some the graphite, some prefer a mix. The new Corally rear wing is good too. It is slightly wider, gives more downforce, yet less drag.

We race with foam tyres - Corally Goldstar hard up front and Corally Yellows at the rear though the yellows wear fast. The Silverstar gives almost as much grip with better wear.

We raced F1 with 21 turn stock motors. We had a control motor supplied by Corally and the racing was very competitive.

Son Josh and i used Novak Atom speedos, Novak XXL receivers and KO servos. Josh won the local championship many a time with his car and I managed the odd win too.

F1 is great fun. pity it has stopped out here.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Johnbull: I hope its a serious racer for what they charge for it. When I decided to get back into F1, I looked at the Corally. I wanted to have a Corally F1 to go with my Corally TC, but that price changed my mind in a hurry!

Its sad that F1 isn't as popular as it used to be. It really is the only scale class left in R/C. The bodies and chassis still represent what is used in actual racing today.

I mean when was the last time any of us saw a 300M or Stratus race???

R/C has pretty much abandoned scale for performance, and the F1 class was only one victim of this.
Old 11-01-2001, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Darkside

I'm not sure if you know this, but Corally makes two versions of the car. There is the GRP version, which my lhs sells for $199 and the Pro version which my lhs sells for $249. It's really not such a bad deal considering the Tamiya and Cross cars sell for around $149 and you don't need to buy any hop-up parts for the Corally or try to find Tamiya wheels. Associated, CRC, Corally, etc. wheels will fit. jmo! After spooky's review, I may be running the Cross car next year, though!
Old 11-01-2001, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just to let you guys know the response to the Cross F-1 kit has been phenomenal! The first batch of cars and hop ups are sold out. We have reorderd large quantities of kits and option parts. They will be back in stock very shortly. If you need anything at all of this car have your local shop call Schumacher at 813-889-9691.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.