Community
Wiki Posts
Search

F1 Racing

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2002, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Is Tamiya making any F-103 chassis cars....i think Tower has a F103rs or sumpin'....and only saw 2 bodies....prepainted......have ya'll heard if they are going to discontinue the F103's??????Are the F201's taking their place??? thanks
Old 06-30-2002, 08:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spooky
Les has some Hotbodies F1 in stock, saw them the other day.
does HotBodies still make the High Nose Williams body?
Old 07-01-2002, 05:36 PM
Tech Regular

TTT
Old 07-02-2002, 08:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Post Hot Bodies

I have the Hot Bodies Benetton, Ligier and Ferrari F-1 bodies in stock at the moment. As well, I have some Tamiya and Cross bodies in stock as well.

Hot Bodies has become HB...they still make bodies, but they are hard to come by. It seems they only want to make/distribute CNC Aluminium stuff anymore. I can still get some of the stuff from various past distributors, but I really have to look. Last distributor I bought Hot Bodies from I cleaned them out of every F-1 body they had (only around 6 or so anyway). Tower only sells the Ferrari body I think and I don't think they have any. Not sure.

If you guys are looking for any particular Hot Bodies F-1 or any other brand F-1 bodies just let me know I'll see if I can find them for you.
Old 07-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

MdiRacing: do you have the Tamiya Mclaren/Mercedes West F1 body?
Old 07-02-2002, 09:36 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: MDI

In case you are skeptical about a hobby shop really making an effort to find something obscure or special order something for you, don't be. MDI has done an excellent job of finding parts and bodies for me that no one else could find. On top of that, the prices are good too!

I'm not affiliated with the shop in any way, I just give attaboys where they are due. Keep up the great work, Les. "you've got mail"
Old 07-02-2002, 09:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

I do have the Tamiya (50898) body kit which comes already black. It has the full sticker kit to match the McLaren/West team. It doesn't say "West" though, rather it says "Best" to match the scheme for countries where Tobacco advertising isn't legal. Not only that, I'm sure Tamiya doesn't want to pay for any extra licensing to "West".

I'm assuming you knew all that, just wanted to clarify just in case.

Worth noting, I do have some decal sets on the way that exactly match the BAR Honda (Lucky Strike) and Ferrari (Marlboro)...including the tobacco logos! They are supposed to be made to fit the new F201 body, but I'm thinking they will probably work OK with most clear F-1 high-nose bodies.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:00 AM
Tech Champion

MDI... thanks for the quick reply...unfortunately I have that body already too... trying to get the original body. I know it's been discontinued for some time... I regret not buying more when they were readily available a year or two ago.
Old 07-02-2002, 10:19 AM
Tech Regular

I will try some 12th scale rears on my f103
My track has so little grip that greens would probably not be soft enough, which are the softest compounds, and which work?
Old 07-02-2002, 10:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default McLaren Body

rc-zombies: I'm assuming you are looking for the body that came with Tamiya kit #58235 McLaren MP4/13. There are still no West logos, but it's the black/silver/white/fl.red scheme.

That kit has been discontinued for a long time, however I have been able to get that body a couple of times for other customers, I think Psycho has a couple of them. Their is no part number for a typical Tamiya "body kit" as is usual with most of their bodies. What I have to do is order:

0555087: Body w/Deflector
9495313: Stickers a,b,c
0555088: J-parts (J1, J2) & Front wing
0225055: Z-parts (driver's head)
0005717: H-parts (Rear wing)

What it all costs and the availability I'm not too sure of, but I've found them before...it's all discontinued, but when you look hard enough you would be surprised of what you can find.

That kit came w/silver wheels too. If you want silver wheels we carry the Ride wheels & tires and they come in silver too. I like them better than the Tamiya tires too.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:06 AM
Tech Master

LouisB

Pinks are the softest that are recommended for asphalt. I find that I get too much rear bite with pinks, so I don't use them. You might also try greys. I've had good luck with them even on dusty unprepared asphalt. Greys are awesome on carpet.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Les...
that's the body I'm looking for...
Tower had the complete body/wing set a few years ago. I have the part no. for it, unfortunately it's at home and I'm at work.. If you can what I'm wanting to get everything you have listed.
Most importanly I really want the stickerset and front wings. (I have spare drivers heads) I want to use the sticker set and place them on my F201 body. interested in getting a couple of sets. Please email me direct at: [email protected]
if you're able to get the sticker sets.... thank you.
Old 07-02-2002, 11:53 AM
Tech Regular

Psycho
I'll be trying some pink Pro-10 tires (UFRA) on thursday, If they have too much grip i'll go for grey 12ths if I still oversteer i'll go for the pinks. Thanks
Old 07-03-2002, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

Default Rollout with Fantom MVP?

Hi!
Can you guys recommend a ballpark rollout for use with a f103rs equipped with a Fantom MVP? Track is quite small. Thanks!

~Alvin
Old 07-04-2002, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Wohoo!

It's done. The Flying Finn's oldschool McLaren.
Attached Thumbnails F1 Racing-mp46_1.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.