Wiki Posts
Search

GT-7 Profile 7 Programming Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default GT-7 Profile 7 Programming Questions

Well, I am reading thru the manual, and I am not quite sure about the procedures so I figured I'd bounce it off you guys (and YES, I did a search and didn't find this).

OK, set it to profile 7 before you do ANYTHING.

With the speedo turned on, press the set button, release it, then press and hold it until all the LEDs are on for a second or so. You're in the programming mode.

Press the set button to set frequency. If you don't do anything for 3 seconds, it will go on to the next setting.

Is this right?
Old 04-03-2004, 10:37 PM
Tech Master

Thanks alot Gary,
Now that you made me go through and read the directions about a dozen times to make sure I understood it. And after I screwed my speedo all to heck. Ill explain it how I understood it. UMMMMM......... Ya you got it sort of but you just push the set button twice to get it into customizing mode dont press then hold, just double click.
It will flash wich drive profile is active. Then set drive frequency profile, one click for each profile you want to advance it. wait.

Then it flashed the current brake frequency profile. Click again how many times to advance. wait.

Then it flashes the minumum brake percentage profile. Press again for each one you want to advance. wait.

Then wait and lights will scroll up and down if you press the button during this it will save and end. if you let it go it will start all over again.

To switch brake type, while its the set mode hold button for 3 seconds if it flashes yellow you changed it to constant brake if it flashes yellow/blue you switched it to drag brake.

After you got it all set let it cycle through and double check everything is set right. Push button while it scrolls up and down and your all set.

Here is a hint write down all the settings you want it at in order and have it in front of you it will make it easier to keep track.

Hope that helps, I call it setting a speedo by Speedie
Old 04-03-2004, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I got it figured out except for setting the different brake modes. It took me 3 times reading the directions before I finally realized that you had to do it with your transmitter off But now that you explained the brake settings too, I think I know what I needed to know My one question though:
A higher brake frequency=smoother/less agressive braking, while a lower frequency would provide more aggressive braking, correct?
Old 04-04-2004, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Gary...if the brake frequency is the same as the drive frequency you would be correct...less frequency is more aggressive because theres less steps from neutral to full ...i think