Wiki Posts
Search

Take Off vs Sorex

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2005, 10:58 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Take Off vs Sorex

1 Which tires are better?

2 What does this funny numbers mean: 22, 24, 27, 28, 32, 36, 37, 40?

3 Why for example Sorex 32R is good for temperature 81 TO 96 DEGREES and Take Off CS32 is for temperature 68 TO 140? Why Sorex32R is not the same as Take Off 32? Or maybe they are the same tires?

4 Which tires should i use if track temperature is about 90-100 degrees? Should it be Sorex 32R or 36R or Take Off CS27 or CS32

Thank You in advance
Old 05-31-2005, 11:09 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im probably not the best person to answer this one but in general they are both good tires. You should ask the people running at the track your at what they are using.
The companies are different and rate their tires differently. At at the track I race at the Sorex 36 and the CS-27 and now i thing the new RP30s are the tires of choice. 36r seem to work the best there but the CS27 are ok. When we ran in the parking lot the CS27 was better than the Sorex 36r.
So it really depend on where you plan to drive your car
Old 05-31-2005, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Right, the number indicates how soft the tire is(the lower the number, the softer the tire compound) as well as what temperatures they're best suited for(so a softer tire is best in colder conditions while harder tires are better suited for higher temps). As for one brand vs. another, really it all comes down to preference & the track surface, I been to some tracks where Sorexes just don't work well, & others where TakeOffs aren't quite right(& even a few where it works best to use both brands on the car, like Sorexes up front & TakeOffs rear, for example). None of them are really better, just different, so it all comes down to which ones suit what you like & the surface you run on best(& most likely the fast guys at your local track will be best qualified to give you those answers).....
Old 05-31-2005, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

I plan on using rp30's next time...but CS27's worked for me...never tried sorex.
Old 05-31-2005, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Since I race mainly at night, I've used TO27s for the warmer months and TO22s for cooler months. However will be using a set of Sorex 20s tonight to see how they go. From what I have been told by some mod and stock racers, Sorex 36s are the ones to go for on outdoor tarmac tracks most of the time.