Wiki Posts
Search

Daytona's Speedmind

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Talking Daytona's Speedmind

Hello all,

I read lots of threads ago that some of you are interested in the new Daytona's Speedmind, I got it. It's a great car, everything fits perfectly and it's bloody fast. I have some pictures of it so you can see how it looks, don't look at the electronics cause i'm just a beginner, so i haven't got that much stuff. I hope you like the car, maybe you can find some similiar things as the PRO 2, that's correct the japanese company Daytona looked at the available car and combined all the good prospects of the cars and made one car from it. And this is it!!!! For you who don't know Speedmind, it's the brand where Atsushi Hara and Niels Koenekoop (holland) drive for.
The only thing i adjusted to the car is the battery holding system, i stole it from Hudy, cause the standard system was a band around the cells, but it broke constantly because the sharp edges from the carbon.

Old 03-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Is there BTW anyone who have an Speedmind too, i know they are expensive and limited edition but someone must have one, i like to excange expieriences about this car, like modifications setups and so on. Please post a reply or email at [email protected]
Old 03-14-2002, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Looks good! Don't expect to race with those tires though, you'll need some competition tires. Also, Hara races with HPI now.
Old 03-14-2002, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

One tip: File and seal the edges on your battery slots. It can easily cut your wires and anything else in the way as well.

Nice looking car
Old 03-14-2002, 11:19 PM
Tech Rookie

i've made round edges at the battery slots with my dremel. So thhe problem could not overcome me.
Old 03-15-2002, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Just wondering, what is parts availability like?
Old 03-15-2002, 04:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Does Speedmind have a website? Or a way to get some more info ? Thanx
Old 03-15-2002, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

About parts availability: my local RC shop can provide me in the parts, he orders them in Japan, but the most parts won't break, i've made some big crashes the only thing i broke was the suspension arm.

About the website: Speedmind is still building on their website it's www.speedmind.net and if you like to know something or you want pictures you can always email me at [email protected]