Search

X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 04:24 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Manny
Have the differential bearing holes been enlarged to accept an M05 ball differential? It looks like it from SpeedTech's post.
Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
Well this kit was purchased from RCmart, which Is the only shop I've ever seen it at.

The manual included with the kit shows the older colour on all the annodising, but from what I've looked into, and having built the kit i'd say it's as it should be.

If you look at the "teams" cars from titc they are the same shade of annodising...
When I was talking to the Xevo guys, they mentioned that the newest version of the kits were to be released with the larger holes to fit the M05 sized bearings and to take the M05 Ball Diff as well.

Maybe the newer kits are the different colours or lack the XEVO stamp on them? Just guessing!
Old 04-28-2010, 04:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NT
When I was talking to the Xevo guys, they mentioned that the newest version of the kits were to be released with the larger holes to fit the M05 sized bearings and to take the M05 Ball Diff as well.

Maybe the newer kits are the different colours or lack the XEVO stamp on them? Just guessing!
Sort of a mute point as the M05 ball diff is so bad I would never be tempted to put in a car
Old 04-28-2010, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Sort of a mute point as the M05 ball diff is so bad I would never be tempted to put in a car
Actually after changing to a softer spring for the M05 diff. it works fine. except the plastic protector thingy on the uni-joint keeps breaking into 2 after each race.

but the version 2 bulk head will work good with the M05 Spool from 3racing.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the Hitec HS-77BB servo on the x-evo? I am debating on buying one. They seem good enough for Mini racing.
Old 06-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)
Default servo

hi guys, what servo im going to used for this conversion regular or low profile servo?....thanks
Old 06-10-2010, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Low profile, I just ordered the Hitec HS-77BB @$25. It seems like it will work very nice from people I've talked to. I did not like the setup for the Standard servo, the battery is too vulnerable.
Old 06-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 184 (99%+)

Originally Posted by TAMAK
Low profile, I just ordered the Hitec HS-77BB @$25. It seems like it will work very nice from people I've talked to. I did not like the setup for the Standard servo, the battery is too vulnerable.
thank you very much for the info...
Old 06-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cannon
Some of the guys around here are putting a second flanged bearing within the bulkhead bearing to size it down for a TA03 ball diff. A team driver gave me a pair and it is a 5x10 flanged bearing. Seems to work well and hope it helps those wanting to use the 03 diff.

Also the Xevo lettering is on some kits and not on others. Probably a production run difference.

Last edited by Granpa; 06-10-2010 at 10:20 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-12-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Where can we order spare parts? I already broke the FRP bumper plate and front body mounts. Also, the plastic bumper below the bulkhead as well
Old 06-12-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mikeygar
Where can we order spare parts? I already broke the FRP bumper plate and front body mounts. Also, the plastic bumper below the bulkhead as well
Try HKS hobby. They might have a stock of parts. Can't swear to it tho.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Granpa
Try HKS hobby. They might have a stock of parts. Can't swear to it tho.
Hey Granpa - thanks, but I checked their website, and like RCmart and the rest, they only sell the kit The search continues...
Old 06-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

hi ..... i recently got a xevo ..... almost finished building and im just quite not sure on where the bearing/spacers go for the ball diff? .....

is it supposed to be from the inside beside the ball diff or from the outside of the bulkhead where the joint cups are sticking in? .....

any tips on how to reduce the droop on the front also? .... i installed tamiya 55mm length shocks with short springs ..... when planted on the surface ride height is ok .... its just that when you lift the car up theres so much droop?

any tips????

thanks in advance
Old 06-13-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by strawb
is it supposed to be from the inside beside the ball diff or from the outside of the bulkhead where the joint cups are sticking in? .....
Just like an M05, they go *inside* the bulkheads, next to the diff.

Originally Posted by strawb
any tips on how to reduce the droop on the front also? .... i installed tamiya 55mm length shocks with short springs ..... when planted on the surface ride height is ok .... its just that when you lift the car up theres so much droop?
Washers/spacers on the shock shaft, inside the shock body under the piston. They'll stop the shock extending and limits the droop.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Have you guys seen the new 'ISS' shock mount system for the Xevo (http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ooper-826.html, post #12390 at the bottom of the page)?

I ordered a parts kit from 'Official' on the forum ($35 USD + shipping), and have now fitted it. You don't get any installation instructions, but I got a few extra pictures from Official of the kit fitted to his Xevo, and managed to get it all to fit, it is a tight squeeze though. I won't get to try the car until the end of the week, and even though my Xevo handles very well with the standard front suspension setup, I'm interested to see how the car handles with this setup. The only concern I have is how strong the point is where the pivot-connection link mounts onto the wishbone (pic 4). You have to cut a few mm off this mount so that the connector can fit next to the c-hub, and now theres only around 3mm of plastic now holding the mount onto the wishbone. I guess only time will tell...

Official is a Xevo parts distributor from Singapore, but he shipped to the UK no problem. He also said that he has the v2 front bulkheads with the larger bearing mounts, and the front adjustable upper link set for sale, so if anyone is interested, PM him for more details. I need to see if he can get Xevo spares, as I have broken the FRP bumper plate & front body post mount plate (which is currently held together with glue & a modified 3Racing m-chassis graphite body post stiffener ).
Attached Thumbnails X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05-xevo-iss_1.jpg   X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05-xevo-iss_2.jpg   X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05-xevo-iss_3.jpg   X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05-xevo-iss_4.jpg   X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05-xevo-iss_5.jpg  

Old 06-13-2010, 09:09 PM
Tech Rookie

im interested in the adjustable droop parts for the xevo (front and rear) ..... i saw it posted somewhere .....

where can i order these? ..... any official distributor? contact person?

thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.