Wiki Posts
Search

X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Can anyone confirm this?

I was told that someone is copying the Xevo kits and selling them.

Suppoosably the original kits have the Xevo logo on the front left bulkhead. The copies do not.

Can this be confirmed or denied please. Want to make sure we get originals
Old 04-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Tony, could you post where the little blue aluminum bits go. They were supposed to let you adjust either the droop or the ride height. I certainly may have missed them in the photos, but your car looked a little different than some of the photos.

How about spare parts? You know me and I can really break stuff. That little gear retainer looks like something I'd break and the hinge pin retainers, while sturdy????? will there be a carbon fibre upgrade on the chassis soon??? I've cracked a M03 chassis in two so am wondering about replacement chassis.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cannon
Can anyone confirm this?

I was told that someone is copying the Xevo kits and selling them.

Suppoosably the original kits have the Xevo logo on the front left bulkhead. The copies do not.

Can this be confirmed or denied please. Want to make sure we get originals
Well I just got mine from RC MART and it doesn't have the logo on the bulkhead... maybe a copy? but it's the only one that I've seen up-close so I wouldn't be able to tell the difference... quality and fit/finish was right up there though, so I've got no complaints.

I did notice it when I was building the car and going back and forth between the workbench and RC-MINI.NET. Maybe just the earlier production run had the Logo?

Daniel
Old 04-22-2010, 03:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Ditto, look at the bottom of the previous page, our car doesn't have logos either. One think we also noticed was that the anodising colour is different too, gone from the previous AE/Yokomo rich blue, to Tamiya-style paler blue.

I don't think they are copies though, just production run changes.
Old 04-22-2010, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by academygaz
Ditto, look at the bottom of the previous page, our car doesn't have logos either. One think we also noticed was that the anodising colour is different too, gone from the previous AE/Yokomo rich blue, to Tamiya-style paler blue.

I don't think they are copies though, just production run changes.
Hope you are correct but I was told this by a distributor
Old 04-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Addict

Well this kit was purchased from RCmart, which Is the only shop I've ever seen it at.

The manual included with the kit shows the older colour on all the annodising, but from what I've looked into, and having built the kit i'd say it's as it should be.

If you look at the "teams" cars from titc they are the same shade of annodising...
Old 04-22-2010, 10:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Genuine X-Evo conversion

Hi Guys,

Yes, the genuine X-Evo conversion should have the "Xevo" stamp on the bulkhead. (see attached pic) When you purchase these conversions, please make sure you order the genuine version. The imitations are made of inferior materials and do not hold up well in a heavy crash.

Speedtech RC has genuine X-Evo Chariot Conversion kits.

Cheers,
Jeff
Attached Thumbnails X-EVO Chariot 2.0 conversion kit for M03/M04/M05-xevostamp.jpg  
Old 04-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thats a good definition of irony. Speedtech saying they are stocking the genuine kits, but the images on the shop page are of non-stamped copies.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Have the differential bearing holes been enlarged to accept an M05 ball differential? It looks like it from SpeedTech's post.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by academygaz
Thats a good definition of irony. Speedtech saying they are stocking the genuine kits, but the images on the shop page are of non-stamped copies.
That IS hilarious
Old 04-24-2010, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

So are these "reputable" stores??? Like I said I got mine from RcMart, recomendations from friends and such, thinking they were an ok online store... but if they are selling knock-off kits (regardless of the quality) thats not a good thing. Not really happy.
Old 04-24-2010, 04:25 AM
Tech Addict

Wouldn't worry tbh, unless someone from Xevo will come on here to actually say if they are copies or not I won't beleive that they are.
I would presume that the latest run of kits do not have xevo etched on becuase firstly it adds to the price, and secondly, it takes longer to produce, and RcMart have run out of stock of these cars at least twice, so demand must be reasonably high...

If they were a copy then I'd have hoped they would have done something about that poor ass manual lol!

Mines got Xevo on the bag header, brought it from a good shop, that's good enough for me to be satisfied
Old 04-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
Wouldn't worry tbh, unless someone from Xevo will come on here to actually say if they are copies or not I won't beleive that they are.
I would presume that the latest run of kits do not have xevo etched on becuase firstly it adds to the price, and secondly, it takes longer to produce, and RcMart have run out of stock of these cars at least twice, so demand must be reasonably high...

If they were a copy then I'd have hoped they would have done something about that poor ass manual lol!

Mines got Xevo on the bag header, brought it from a good shop, that's good enough for me to be satisfied
Yeah mate, I'm not that worried, as I said earlier the quality is as good, if not better than some of the upmarket cars I've got. Gotta agree with you about the manual though, thanks to Rc-Mini.net for their review with full colour pics!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:42 AM
Tech Apprentice

What shock setup are you guys using in your Xevo's? I race indoors on carpet, and I currently use Tamiya #54000 TRF M-chassis shocks all round, with:

Front
Tamiya white (yellow dot) springs
3-hole pistons
50wt oil
55mm total shock length (3mm o-ring inside under piston)
5mm ride height

Rear
Tamiya white (yellow dot) springs
3-hole pistons
40wt oil
58mm total shock length (no o-ring inside under piston)
5mm ride height

I've got the original 'Xevo stamped' chassis version, that uses the smaller 1150 diff bearings. The car handles well, but I still occassionally get grip-roll. I've got some longer shafts on order so I can make the rear shocks a bit longer, and I am thinking about changing the front pistons to 2-hole ones, but I'm not sure how much of a difference that will make to the handling. Also, is it a good idea to put an o-ring inside the front shocks to limit the droop, or leave the shocks at 55mm as specified in the 'manual'? Is the large amount of droop on the front necessary?

Last edited by Toon; 04-25-2010 at 04:54 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Can you get the motor mount the takes the new M05 ball diff separately?

And if I buy another kit how do I know it will have the new mount included?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.