R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Banzaihobby.com, is any good? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/371297-banzaihobby-com-any-good.html)

mac853 02-16-2010 10:56 AM

Banzaihobby.com, is any good?

In fact i am looking for something which is selling from banzai hobby, specially those parts and tyres of japanese brands.
But when i am going to create account, the explorer tell me of that security ceritificate is unvalid.
Then i e-mail them in yesterday to check out this problem, but they didn't reply yet until today.
Could anybody tell if this site is any good, then explain me what to do with it, please?

Best regards

TecNyne 02-16-2010 02:24 PM

Banzai is a great site to use. I've already made 2 orders with them and they went very well. The only thing is my first order had nothing I ordered in stock but they sent me an email the very next day telling me the situation and refunded the out of stock discontinued items, and substituted a discontinued item for the newer version of it.

They ship fast which is why I like them. Both my orders were by EMS. It was sent out via EMS and the shipping price wasn't insanely high. I think all their shipments are done with EMS.

rced1 02-16-2010 02:43 PM

The security certificate is invalid error can be caused by your IE not being updated or Banzai has not payed Microsoft for a certificate. It is good to be cautious when reading this error, but Microsoft is not the reigning authority on security. Most of the US Government websites do not have Microsoft's security certificate.

mac853 02-17-2010 03:27 AM

Originally Posted by TecNyne (Post 7015028)
Banzai is a great site to use. I've already made 2 orders with them and they went very well. The only thing is my first order had nothing I ordered in stock but they sent me an email the very next day telling me the situation and refunded the out of stock discontinued items, and substituted a discontinued item for the newer version of it.

They ship fast which is why I like them. Both my orders were by EMS. It was sent out via EMS and the shipping price wasn't insanely high. I think all their shipments are done with EMS.

What, order but nothing in stock?
In fact i am interested in many thing which is not existing in other places.
If that is just a empty shell, why have i still to pay for it?

Originally Posted by rced1 (Post 7015116)
The security certificate is invalid error can be caused by your IE not being updated or Banzai has not payed Microsoft for a certificate. It is good to be cautious when reading this error, but Microsoft is not the reigning authority on security. Most of the US Government websites do not have Microsoft's security certificate.

I don't think my IE is not updated, in fact it's the only 1 happening with this situation.
But since the anyone don't care about this, i will be too.

rctodd1624 11-21-2012 12:48 PM

I'm considering ordering a kit from Banzai but I'm hesitant as I have a gut feeling that these are fakes. Does anyone know if their stuff is legit??

GenkiRF 11-21-2012 01:08 PM

Their stuff is legit, I've placed many orders through them, great site for buying Japanese brand products(as well as others) not sold over here.

ozace 11-21-2012 01:10 PM

I have ordered many times from banzai.
It is a legit site out of japan and has bits and pieces i could not find anywhere else.

terry.sc 11-21-2012 01:45 PM

One of the best Japanese shops, and they even have their own section on RCTech
http://www.rctech.net/forum/banzai-hobby-147/

AMorgan 11-21-2012 03:29 PM

I ordered something from them last saturday and if id been home today id be messing with it tonight. Shipping is fast and so far no complaints.

rctodd1624 11-21-2012 03:33 PM

Thanks for the input much appreciated

Sith Lord 11-21-2012 04:05 PM

Great store, however as they only ship (to Australia) by EMS, postage was a bit pricey. However I got my kit in 2 business days!!! Normally 2 weeks from Hong Kong and up to 3 weeks from USA.