Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Reedy Race gonna happen? >

Reedy Race gonna happen?

Reedy Race gonna happen?

Old 03-22-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
the basic gist of what he said to me (as it relates to the race site) is that things are held up because they're waiting on a decision from a company that is adjacent to the track they are looking at having the race (he did not specifically name it since the decision is pending) and they want to have parking for a very large number of racers and once they have that decision in hand they can make a specific announcement. Apparently said company (at least as I interpreted what he said) has waited a good bit of time and with the race as close as it is a decision is needing to be made so that this race can go off.

so one might ask.. Why did you have to post the information and not the Race orginizer's?
Old 03-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

hello all,

Well it seems that no matter what the scenario the same names on here continue with the same talk. You guys do not, will not and will never understand the complexity and work that goes on to make an event that is thousands of miles away happen. I am not going to try and explain it on here it is just sad that all you guys can do is complain.

With this years RROC we are trying to make it happen at the Tamiya track. We have been working on this since last year, to line everything up to make this possible for my main reason of trying to get Mike Reedy to the race one more time. Not for money or any of the other BS you guys have been spouting off about. IT IS FOR MIKE and the legendary race he started.
There are so many things that all need to be aligned to make this happen that so much of it is out of our hands and we have to rely and wait for approval just to move on to the next step.
Things you guys could not even understand, Like Parking restrictions, City Permits other businesses in the area that will be inconvenienced with the event need to give us approval. All this plays into the organization of this and not until all the things are okay and approved can we even announce the event will happen.

NITROBALLER9 I would call you by your name but oh yea, you wont post that. Again you show your great character on here and doing nothing but complaining, I pray that we can get the RR at Tamiya then I wont have to worry about you attending and listening to you complain about I dont know the sun is not shining or the print on the heat sheet is not bright enough for you to read. So BOYCOTT THE RR if you want, There will be many racers who wish to support the history that Mike started and join in the fun. and we will not miss you!

We will continue to work to make the RR happen this year at Tamiya. and let you guys know the moment it is a go or no go.

Scotty
Old 03-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Scotty, let me be one of the first to say thanks for all that you and everyone else is doing to make this race happen. I think ever since self esteem became a priority, everyone thinks they deserve everything on their terms and if you can't deliver then your the cause of all the evil in the world.

Thanks again, and I hope your not so darn busy this year I can buy you and your buds a drink.

Ritchie
Old 03-22-2010, 07:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JasonC
so one might ask.. Why did you have to post the information and not the Race orginizer's?
Ask and ye shall receive...

ya baby...
Old 03-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

wow you people are crazy on here...again 99 percent of you dont have a clue what it takes to put on a race of this caliber...and id scotty wants to make sure its at tamiya track, then so be it...i for one remember the last rroc held at tamiya, and seeing mike reedy ther was awesome..this would be a great tribute for him..my hats off to you scotty, and missed u this year at cactus...as for he whiners...go back to your computers and keep whining..there is a new term for you guys..internet assasins...
Old 03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitroballer9
I say all racers should boycott the REEDY Race in 2010. -3 from my family

It is a shame that someone like you would encourage this.

I thought you were better than that, I guess I was wrong.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

Unhappy "PUT FOOT IN MOUTH"

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I didnt sense in Scotty's reply to me someone who was merely in this for the money. He has been a race promoter/announcer/fellow racer for a number of years (probably more than I know to be sure) and I dont for one minute think this is only about making money. He wants to be able to make sure that no matter how many people come, that they have space for all of them at the track.
I'm sorry to whoever it may concern especially Scotty,
I don't for one minute think that it's all about the money, I meant that I hoped it wasn't about the money that was keeping everyone concerned putting on the greatest race ever.
I know that Organizers, sponsors, and MFG. don't want it to be a money loosing endevor but like I said the economy has hurt everyone in some way. If that's the case, then in order to afford putting on the race you need to raise the cost of racing I'm sure racers would be more that willing to pay a little extra in order to offset the costs just to see it happen.
I've done the IIC, RROC a few times and had nothing but praises to Scottie for making it a great event for all. Again, I apologize if I wrote it in a way that implied it was all about the money. That wasn't my intension.
Max V.
Old 03-23-2010, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Default holding out for the best

great to here it might be at the tamaya track!awsome facility,i attended in 2006,good times!my most cherished trophy is my 3rd in the j main from the 06 race,i hope they can afford trophys in all main's, last year,kinda sucked,i know the economy is down but that one small token from the race has incuraged me to strive to improve everytime i go to the track!i seen a few people that seemed kinda disapointed that they were not geting one in the lower mains last year,hopefully this year will be better.scotty you guys put on a hell of a race,don't worry about trying to explain yourself to (likes to complain) guys!not worth the effort!gonna try to bring 5 of us from our club-tularecountyrc.com,,see ya at the race
Old 03-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well folks, if I'm living either in the states or europe, I'll be there to support the race! I envy you guys who could race there and yet so many yep yep yep!!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Awesome to hear scotty I am there if and whereever it happens cant wait lookin forward to it YOU ARE THA MAN
Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

Thanks guys for the support and kind words, We are all trying to keep the history and dream that Mike had going.

I just wanted to give everyone what we know as of now. We have againa contacted the company who's parking lot we are trying to use and are still waiting for them to respond to our request. We cannot be pushy as we need these people so if we push and upset them, then we screw up any chance we had.

So unfortunately we have to wait. Again I will let you all know how things are going.

But there is good news. We still don't have to worry about Nitroballer9 showing up.

Thanks
Scotty
Old 03-25-2010, 12:35 AM
Tech Master

Default Racers

From what my option means, it would be great to have the Reedy Race @ Tamiya. It's a great location and lots of things to do near by. There are international airport near by and now a racer can bring his family along to do some sightseeing. Having the RROC at Tamiya will also bring back the prestige back to the race. I'm not saying that speed world was bad, it was just a little out of the way for the international crowd. I raced the RROC last year and Scotty, Billy, and the entire Reedy/AE group did a great job of running the race. Hopefully, in the near future Reedy will consider hosting the race at West Coast. We'll see, for now Tamiya is a great choice and I look forward to attending the race and supporting Mike Reedy and his dream. Let us at West Coast know if there is anything we can do to help out. See you all soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

any thought of a close park and ride lot, and then get the local metro bus company on board to give rides.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

could we have a race profit statement:

1. how much the organizer makes(including tire sales)

2. how much track owner makes

Old 03-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
could we have a race profit statement:

1. how much the organizer makes(including tire sales)

2. how much track owner makes

Does it really matter? The spec tires are usually sold cheaper at the races, and the venues chosen have been great and Scotty brings the best show when comes to town....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.