Originally posted by revzalot
What's your method of centering and laying the servo flat on a 12l4?
Step 1.-draw a line down the center of the chassis.
2. Cut ear off right side of servo and also possibly dremel or cut into the right rear corner of the suspension arm.
3. Lay the servo on the chassis without any tape or glue till you are happy the splined shaft it is centered in the car over the line.
4.using a sharpie-draw a line all the way around the servo.
5. Now servo tape the center of the servo and a thin bead of shoo goo or Zap-gap around the servo tape .
6. VERY carefully place the servo back down inside your marks. Do not try and wipe up excess shoo goo.
7. Let dry for several hours or overnight if possiblelightly clamp it if you can and check back on car every so often and make sure nothing has shifted.
8. Using a TC3 servo mount, transfer the hole location ot the chassis and dril and countersink it. TIP-Better to drill hole too far back and too far outside than too close or too far forward to the servo ear-understand?
9. mount the servo mount and done.