Just a list of some for all newbie 12th scalers:
1. Definately understand rollout before hitting the track. Crimson Eagle has an awsome one and also www.gearchart.com
2. Make sure you true your tires accordingly. Good to know #1 to pick the right size pinion.
3. Don't forget the soldering iron.
4. Make sure all the solder connections are strong. My battery bar came off during the race.
5. Dial in a good starting setup on your car before the day of the race. Good to log it in a notebook
6. Don't overtighten your left rear hub. (12l4 hubs)
7. Don't forget your Roar card or club card.
8. Get a good night sleep before the day of the race.
9. Good to soak your bearings in WD40 overnight and oil them with some good bearing oil at the day of the race.
10. Double check everything before you hit the track.