1) How about a 35V 1000Mfd cap from RadioShack? Is there anything special about the device from Digikey?
2) If you do not throttle your car such that you get back to neutral throttle, does the capacitor recharge and help the motor supply extra punch? In other words, do you need to throttle your car such that you return to neutal frequently so that the capacitor can recharge.
3) Will battery run time be reduced when using the capacitor?
4) Why is high impedance required to work in a high speed circuit?
1) The digikey one is High FREQUENCY, I was wrong about high impedence.
2) NO throttling required. As your ESC turns on and off at however many Hertz, the cap charges up and discharges with it. This is why it doesn't make any difference at full throttle, the ESC is basicly switched ON.
3) Should be no change in run time, just more low to mid throttle response.
4) High frequency, see #1, I was wrong.
I can feel the difference with it on a stock motor.