1/12 forum

You're on Page 2506 of 3063
Go to
  • Quote: Bumping this so it doesn't get lost in the shuffle...
    Simichrome Polish, made by Happich.

Polish everything that isn't coated
  • Quote: Simichrome Polish, made by Happich.

Polish everything that isn't coated
    So ixnay on the link balls... Thanks
  • Quote: No one that I normally order from had one in stock. I will pick one up when I find one.
    Ashford Hobbies
  • Stormer just listed a bunch of new compounds for the Enneti tires. Anybody know anything about these?
  • LonnyJ1950

They are the tire to run in 8th scale on road...
  • Quote: Stormer just listed a bunch of new compounds for the Enneti tires. Anybody know anything about these?
    Dont do it, i regret getting them.
  • Well, I like the ones I've tried, the new exotic rubber, orange, yellow, etc. And I like the older fronts Xceed has been marketing, but those rears don't quite hook up on our rug, so I was wondering about the kind of foam the newer compounds were.
  • Anybody tried the tire offerings from Contact RC??
  • Lonny, Have you tried the new G12 tires? They come in 2 compounds Soft & Med (close to pink and magenta) but they seem to be of a different rubber altogether. Nexus should have some in stock.
  • Quote: Anybody tried the tire offerings from Contact RC??
    Haven't tried them myself but saw a rear shatter to pieces last weekend. The rear wheel seems to be VERY stiff and thus brittle. Fronts look really good though.
  • Also to top on ehat wes has said u also want to make sure ur tires are completely dry i mean completely! dint put on the track and leave marks it makes it very inconsistant in the begin and takes longer to get up to temp...Use the blue or white heavy paper towels when whiping not a "tire rag" rason being u dont wan to contaminat ur foam before even putting on the track with different compounds or place down ur car on the section of track were its dirty, try putting it down in the groove...
    If u have notice alot of the pros or big name racer will normaly have a help who put there car down for them the will whipe the tires off set them down in the groove they check there turning radius or do a couple quick tns to get the cars feel then the helper will scrub them in.. and set them down in the startin spot and "set the suspensions for the start for max forward bite... Rememeber tires are 90% of the setup and makes all the diff in the world from being on pace to being that .2-.3 lower a lap just because proper maintence is done

Quote: What tires are you running front/rear, and what tires is everyone else running? That's a good starting point, figuring out if you are running the right tire in the first place and adjusting from there.

Tire care changes from track to track, sometimes. At our club we just defuzz the tire. If you stay in the driving line though the tires come off very clean. Most of us also set up our cars so we run full dope across the front.

As far as ride height, I always set my car up square. 3.7mm across the deck, and I start an evening there. By the end of the night I usually am around 3.5mm rear and 3.3mm in the front. I don't bother adjusting during the night unless my rear/front bias grows greater than .2mm. You can experiment with chassis sag, but typically for me I always run 1-2mm of uptravel and no chassis sag.

The length of time you sauce, and track temperature play important roles in consistency. If the track is getting colder as you progress through a race day it may be losing grip, you may need to sauce longer or run a softer tire. On the other hand if it is getting warmer and grip is coming up you may sauce less. I generally try to sauce for 15 minutes and adjust from there. If the car feels loose late in the run I will go to 20 minutes, if it is too edgy in the beginning but feels fine late, I will sauce for 10. For me I've found its important to sauce the same time every time however. Just slapping it on and calling it good introduces inconsistency.

The easiest thing to do is see who's clearly faster consistently and ask them what they are doing. It will get you on pace faster than speculating on the forums since none of us run that track.

If you are new enough to this and don't know what to ask figure out this;

- Tire Compound.
    - Tire Sauce, applicatino length, and amount across front/rear.
    - Tire Diameter and sidewall radius amount.
    - CA on the side wall, if so, how far.
    - Ride height.

Other things to consider that effect consistent handling;

- Diff smoothness and tightness. Ask to spin their diff, if it's clearly smoother than yours you have to fix it.
    - Dampening rates and springs. Are you running a similar setup?

Good luck!
  • I ran the fastest laps anybody had run on my tracks current layout with Enneti Black front tires. I'm not sure about rears, but that front works well enough.
  • A tip for all 1s racers who like to run boosted spec motor; if you can find an original Trinity Duo new or in good shape, buy it. My Duo 13.5 took all the boost my Stock Spec V2 could give it, ran scary lap times, and stayed cold. Its like magic. If I tried to do that with my X12 it would burst into flames or something.
  • My Duo3 does the same too.
  • Quote: Lonny, Have you tried the new G12 tires? They come in 2 compounds Soft & Med (close to pink and magenta) but they seem to be of a different rubber altogether. Nexus should have some in stock.
    Haven't tried them, but our rug isn't quite up to pinks yet, at least not for me. The Contact soft Pink is just a little loose. That said sooner or later I try them all so I'll get around to the G-12s sometime.