1/12 forum

You're on Page 2272 of 3052
Go to
  • I ran the Serpent front end on my BMI for awhile. Overall the quality was very good...the machining and molding looked good with no abnormalities. Where I did have a problem was in slop...the upper arm has quite a bit of slop on the hinge pin. Also 1 of the 8/32nds adapters was not threaded all the way through. All in all though not near as much fiddling was needed to get the front end up and running as I have needed on other front ends.
  • Quote: After having bought at least 6 Serpent cars, the last 2 have been disappointing in build quality, pieces really don't fit unless you alter all sorts of stuff.
    And that is unacceptable to me.
    Not to mention some pieces being twice in the kit and other pieces aren't, etc etc. Got fed up with it and bought something else, a Corally.
    We'll see how that goes, build quality is better up until now.

Greetz,

Christoph
    alright..... just curious
  • Quote: I ran the Serpent front end on my BMI for awhile. Overall the quality was very good...the machining and molding looked good with no abnormalities. Where I did have a problem was in slop...the upper arm has quite a bit of slop on the hinge pin. Also 1 of the 8/32nds adapters was not threaded all the way through. All in all though not near as much fiddling was needed to get the front end up and running as I have needed on other front ends.
    yeah i hear you i had to switch to associated balls in the lower arms so i wouldnt have to modify the kingpins, simple swap though
  • xceed tires
    Quote: Have many people here had much experience with the Exceed foams? How do they compare to other tires you have run (on carpet or asphalt)?
    the tires are great...i ran them tonight on our track(med to high bite carpet)..they are easy ...only 3 types..i ran med up front and soft in the rear...the car was stuck to the ground...cut my lap times .3 ...were consistent the entire run and then some (12min)...this is my new tire..no need to worry about choosing colors anymore...
  • OD YHPM

thanks
  • Has anyone tried discharging their 1s lipo's? I had runtime issues at a race recently so discharged my pack to see how much I was playing with and was very surprised to see just how far short of the packs capacity I got. Is this normal?
  • BMI Racing

new front suspension pictures in Copperhead 12 thread
  • Quote: Has anyone tried discharging their 1s lipo's? I had runtime issues at a race recently so discharged my pack to see how much I was playing with and was very surprised to see just how far short of the packs capacity I got. Is this normal?
    Reedy 4600 1S 5000+ mah
    SMC 4900 1S 4850mah

What I noticed was the Reedy packs stayed more or less the same by the 3rd discharge, but the SMC fell off quickly in avg.V and runtime.

Some companies under rate their cells, and some are rather optimistic about their capacities...

Both of my SMCs have puffed a litttle, maybe I got a bad batch, good enough for practice though.
  • Best 1S packs?
    I've been running for quite some time with slightly puffed SMC's. One pack is definitely shorter on runtime then the other.

Who has the best 1S packs? I'd like feedback on runtime and durability.
  • Hello, 1/12 racers, TQ Carpet Championship Series Round 4 is up this Sunday, July 25th.

It's in the middle of the series, we will have raffles for TQ Series racers.

Ofna JL10e kit for the 1st raffle prize, Speed Passion 2.4 radio, Cirtix combo esc, Cirtix combo motor, Sweep Tires, T-shirts, Tools and more !!

Thanks sponsors for supporting the local tracks.

Hope to see more 1/12 racers at TQ, it's perfect track for 1/12 racing !!

Thanks.

Click here for more information
  • Quote: I've been running for quite some time with slightly puffed SMC's. One pack is definitely shorter on runtime then the other.

Who has the best 1S packs? I'd like feedback on runtime and durability.
    The ones in my car, we have to get back to CH again soon.
  • Quote: Reedy 4600 1S 5000+ mah
    SMC 4900 1S 4850mah

What I noticed was the Reedy packs stayed more or less the same by the 3rd discharge, but the SMC fell off quickly in avg.V and runtime.

Some companies under rate their cells, and some are rather optimistic about their capacities...

Both of my SMCs have puffed a litttle, maybe I got a bad batch, good enough for practice though.
    Well my exp is getting a little limited these days.... Racing 10th scale I have had IP's which are good new and go average real quick, Chargery's which were better than IP's new and much longer life but also feel away badly after a while, some no name thing which was great for 1 min then soft afterwards (good practice pack) and then thunderpowers which are immense out of the packet and don't seem to lose anything after a year of racing. I was pretty amazed when a 2 week old pack produced less than 90% of its rated capacity. I have since been told that it was a poor batch and the newer stuff is considerably better but it is dissappointing none the less.
  • Please help identify this 1/12th pan car
    Hi all.
    Please help me identify this chasisismake and model.
    Would like to know if I can still get spares for it.
    It was a hand me down.
    I know he said it's an old chassis about 7yrs old and he said he thinks its a team associate.
    Can anybody help as I would like to get some spares for it.
    Thanks

please let me know if u need more pics and tell me what i should capture to help identify it.
    Attached Thumbnails
  • Hey, a bit of help needed... Can't seem to get the right electronic set-up for Lipo... I run a LRP SXX speedo and a receiver pack... What roll out should I run in Modified (3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0) and which motor for a open track? Also what speedo set-up (throttle profile etc.) should I use.
    What I find happening is either I have power for 3-4 minutes then nothing, or not enough power for the whole race. After seeing the worlds I can see they getting it right so I need some help...

Thanks all
  • Quote: The ones in my car, we have to get back to CH again soon.
    How about next week?