Hello smart people
I am a relative newbie to the sport and this is my first season of carpet racing. I have had my hands full with a stock TC this winter, but am getting the hang of it.
I recently purchased a used Team Red T-Fource. I have only run it a few times, all in 19T. Today was the first time with a KD 19T - prior to that, I had a Cham 2 which didn't have near as much get up and go.
I have completely stripped down my t-fource and rebuilt it with the following components:
· Thicker bottom chassis plate
· 070 graphite t-bar
olive center spring
· 30 weight shock oil
· green side springs just touching balls when chassis is flat on bench with no tires
· pink rears
· purple fronts
· 10 degree upper arm mounts with one spacer in front and behind
· IRS raised lower arms
· delrin upper arms
· alum angled servo mounts
· servo in lowest holes
· futaba mini 9650 servo with kimbro servo saver with the crc graphite back plate for added strength
· zero degrees toe
· balls mounted on center height set of holes on kimbro ss
· .020 AE front springs measured to ensure same height
· new CRC light antennae/center spring ball mount
· 3.5 mm ride height front and rear, then tighten center shock collar to put a bit of forward tilt in rear pod
· batteries mounted forward
· car scaled for left to right weight balance obtained by placement of esc and receiver
Um, that's all I can think of right now...
Oh, full sauce on rear and just inner 1/4 of fronts. (After typing this, I realize that saucing the fronts when I have an over steering condition is not terribly smart of me...)
I need your help getting this thing around the track. Are these cars just that much different to drive than any thing else? Some of you make it look so easy… I have not yet completed an entire eight-minute race.
Am I way out to lunch with the set up? Or, am I just not driving it correctly? It seems very twitchy to me. For example, it often darts to the wall when accelerating off a corner. It seems to have too much steering entering corners (this did get better by moving batteries forward but still a handful...)
Please advise - I am about to offer 808TXTI my car for a VERY GOOD PRICE
No, I want to make this thing to go fast!!!
Driving and set up techniques are very welcome. Fire away
Thank you for your help!