1/12 forum

You're on Page 1483 of 3073
Go to
  • I am going to run a Castle Mamba Max 7700 in 1/12th at Minnreg...if I can figure out how to get the spur on the motor and the pinion on the axle so its geared right...lol!
  • Quote: i look forward to getting to meet all you guys that are going to the birds.we have probably the most friendly forum on RC tech in here.i would like to get to race and have a beer with you guys.should be a good time.

hey OD,you ever get some pics of the car you were working on?
    No pics of that one until its done!

Since we're talkin about BL, here's some pics of my brushless OD12
  • Awww OD you're kill'n me
  • Quote: Awww OD you're kill'n me
  • Hi OD!

Racing tomorrow night?
  • by the way brian,my buddy let me borrow an axle for when i did testing on my new car.i was like,hmm,this diff is pretty damn smoothe.after about 7 or 8 packs later,damn thing was still smoothe.i took it apart to just check it to see why is was staying so smoothe and i saw it had your thrust bearing kit in it.very nice bro.

.....see!

And I run 'em for months!
    bb
  • Quote: by the way brian,my buddy let me borrow an axle for when i did testing on my new car.i was like,hmm,this diff is pretty damn smoothe.after about 7 or 8 packs later,damn thing was still smoothe.i took it apart to just check it to see why is was staying so smoothe and i saw it had your thrust bearing kit in it.very nice bro.

.....see!

And I run 'em for months!
    bb

Brian...OMG...this thing is BUTTER!!! I almost hate to tell peeps but I do...RELUCTANTLY!!! Thanks!
  • Just remember.... the diff if tight enough if it hurts your thumb! If you hear it squeak once on the track, stop and tighten it. Then go racing for a long time

The flex plate question: yes, there is just a little more fore and aft tension, but the t-bar does not make big movements that direction. I have not found that it's enough to spring up or down. Side to side is a little stiffer then a ball, but the lowering of the pivot point greatly out weighs that stiffness. Actually, it's better because of the additional rear grip you get, you will want the car a little flater to keep corner speed up. It's a win-win. The plate is roughly .016" thick made from a spring steel. Spacers will be sold with it that will bring the elevation of the t-bar back to where the ball was. The plate is sandwiched between two coned spacers to allow some rotation. A t-bar will never see more then a few degree of flexation ...

... unless you feel your way around the race track!
  • Where can I get one of them thrust bearings for that awesome feel diff after a few runs?
  • Quote: Where can I get one of them thrust bearings for that awesome feel diff after a few runs?
    Talk to guy who posted above you.
  • Quote: Where can I get one of them thrust bearings for that awesome feel diff after a few runs?
    Brian; Slapmaster Tools
    [email protected]
  • Quote: I am going to run a Castle Mamba Max 7700 in 1/12th at Minnreg...if I can figure out how to get the spur on the motor and the pinion on the axle so its geared right...lol!

sweet bro,you in for mod with me and PW?i think marcos is gonna run mod and hopefully some others.im sure mike bruce will also.
  • Quote: hey marcos,im gonna stay away from you at minreg bro. you and that 3.5 are gonna be a sight bro.im gonna stay with the 4.5.the 3.5 will stand the car on end if your diff is tight enough.
    we will see
  • Quote: I am going to run a Castle Mamba Max 7700 in 1/12th at Minnreg...if I can figure out how to get the spur on the motor and the pinion on the axle so its geared right...lol!
    Adrian Im running a 18/93 combo hope it works
  • Quote: Yeah, especially not a 3.5!!! Dude Marcos your gonna need a push broom to get the parts off the track if you pipe that land missle going full speed. At least put the roll-over back on you got a 60 mph puck with that thing!
    Hey Jon dont need to bring a broom , Im bringing my "Dyson" vacumm cleaner for that

and by the way my neighbor yesterday clocked it at 57 mph (laser radar)