Originally Posted by rinkrat99
I was having a lot of trouble with Torque Steer on Wed night. We run 19t on Ozite carpet.
I checked tweak on two different setup stations and made sure I was dead at 0. I also checked ride height and for free movement of the suspension on my Hara. HAs anyone tried adding tweak to offset Torque Steer? I would think under acceleration this might help but what about during normal racing in the infield? Would this not cause strange behavior in the turns?
Which way is it torque steering?
Things to check:
- Check the front end and make sure it 0's out and is square
- Make sure the front springs are of even height and nothing is binding the movement. One good hit can significantly compress a front spring.
- Make sure the esc wires aren't binding movement
- Make sure all the screws are tight in the roll center housing
- Try checking tweak without the damper rods/puck connected and see if it's different when connected (although, I don't think you can do this with the hara car??)
- Make sure the clamping hub on the left side isn't slipping
- Check your tire sizes on each side of the car to make sure they are the same size (Rotate your tires each run)
- Make sure the front track is square
- Make sure the rear track is square