R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2004, 12:40 PM   #406
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just noticed the same at the German touring nationals last weekend. I didn´t saw the Orion guys trueing their comms.
Now even some Reedy drivers used the V2 endbell at their motors.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:00 PM   #407
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Well it's time for me to say afew things.First I'd like to thank Jorge and crew for a fun time. I also want to thank mother nature for friday- since I couldn't make it I got one extra qualifier on Saturday. I also enjoyed the Free Air show both real and Adrian's.The track is first class and I'm looking foward to racing there in August. Hey I only got lapped 9 times in the 1/12th mains using my 19 turn motor. I also didn't come in last- 6th. Over all I was impressed with the drivers-driving- the track.I was also impressed with the new peak/orion motors. If was a fun weekend of racing at least for me.
Bill Fraden
Old 05-04-2004, 03:25 PM   #408
Tech Master

Adrian- Hi this is the little black rain cloud. I have made some interesting observations of my own . Your words are loaded propaganda for the company that you work for (Schumacher USA) and listning is very painful. This is a web site about news, chat, rumors and discussion. I know that my news to you sounds like doom and gloom but I really think people should know this as they go to the hobby shop to buy. Your company has done a good job with providing tires for racing throughout the US but get off your high horse and smell the roses. This is not a rumor. Proline sales went down because of premounted CS-27s. Your product changed the landscape of tires and now this lack of a certain type of rubber will do the same.

I could become a rumor mill about your Schumacher products but I am not doing that. You do not own Take Off, you’re just an importer so lay off.

And by the way; “what is the correct operating temperature for those CS-27s? Is it 130-150 degrees. I thought naught.

So how are those sales!!!!! Sounds like you’re on a mission.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:28 PM   #409
Tech Master

I see that you and Hector our on the same page.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:53 PM   #410
Tech Champion
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Rafael - I was just kidding with you Raf....i'm sorry.

I stand by what is said about Take Off's. I think I have been pretty neutral regarding my work and the Worlds. Most of what I have said lately has been relaying what guys told me at the race.

Regarding the future tire issue. There really isnt much that can be done from our end. The chemical used in the tires will no longer be made in the future but that knowledge is of no use to any one. Manufacturers will develope new tires and we will buy them when the time comes. As the sales manager of a company that derives a significant percentage of its turn over from tires sales I am not at all worried...you shouldn't be either.

As far as propaganda I guess I work for HPI and Yokomo too as I also said their car were good.

I'm sorry to all for getting this off topic. I will only reply to Worlds Issues from now on.

Shane - Please close this thread. I will start up a IFMAR Worlds thread tomorrow.
Adrian Martinez
What I run: Schumacher Mi5/Associated RC10R5.1/Associated RC12R5.2/Futaba/HobbyWing/Team EA Motorsports/BSR Racing
Where I run: Florida Indoor R/C Complex/Thunder Racing/Florida On Road State Series
Old 05-04-2004, 05:55 PM   #411
R/C Tech Charter Subscriber
Send a message via AIM to Jpilone

guess you guys will have to run foams
-Jarrod Pilone
Pro R/C Photographer
Old 05-05-2004, 01:16 AM   #412
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

Adrian, regards from the Schumacher distributor in Malta.

The tyre issue makes interesting reading. I sell Take off and we use them ourselves too.

However the point of this contribution: I am still having problems enlarging the screen on the videos. They are superb videos but I would like to have them on the full computer screen. I downloaded them on Quick time.

Can anybody help?

Thanks in advance.

Joe from sunny Malta.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:12 AM   #413
Tech Master

I guess that when you make the picture bigger, the resolution get worse at the same time.
But the speaker is great.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:56 AM   #414
Tech Rookie
Default John

Found this in help file for Quick time.

"With the full-featured version, called QuickTime Pro, you can do such things as play movies full screen, save files from the Internet, edit audio and video, add special effects, create slideshows, and convert and save video, audio, and images to more than a dozen standard file formats"

My advice is to try another player how could play .mov files and bring it up on your TV screen, the pictures is realy good to look at TV because the TV resulution is so low.

Richard H
Old 05-05-2004, 03:08 AM   #415
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quicktime Alternative for WMPClassic does the trick.
Old 05-05-2004, 03:39 AM   #416
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

"i waaant viper" "damn this guys Good"
Old 05-05-2004, 07:29 AM   #417
Tech Elite

adrian dont worry i will still buy and run take off's

Ralph i guess you wont be getting sponserd by schumacher anytime soon!

by the way if you'd like you can run prolines in the series.!

david croy good job on the videos.
i wish all the big races had coverage like this!

also adrian even though i didnt get to go to the race thankyou for the race info.
if you need a replacement for the chemical in the tires call my self , rob bowser and dave b.
i am sure we can produce enough chemicals for you!
Pemberton / R1 / All out motorsports / Team Power Push
Old 05-05-2004, 08:23 AM   #418
Tech Master
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Adrian I have to say you took that rain cloud like a man!!
could say you have a good umbrella
Old 05-05-2004, 09:38 AM   #419
R/C Tech Founder

Alright I will close this as requested, and hopefully a new, less controversial IFMAR Worlds thread will pop up in its place.
Visit my store: www.ampdraw.com
Closed Thread