Wiki Posts
Search

Hitec servo help...

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 01:06 AM
Tech Regular

Default Hitec servo help...

Hi,

I've recently bought a 2nd hand Hitec 235ag servo with a RC12L3. Problem is: when you 1st switch on the car and if you ever flick the radio wheel (left-right) quickly the servo slowly takes off to the left?????? on it's own - very frustrating!

the radio is a Ko Propo Mars R, MC800 speedy.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance
Old 03-31-2004, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Change servo.

Hitec servos are very poor quality.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

have to dissagree with you on that point. I have had pretty much exclusive hitec servos and haven't had a problem with one yet. I have seen plenty of blown airtronics and futaba servos while my hitecs still go strong. I think in general most of the servos are good quality out there from hitec, airtronics, and futaba, with futaba having an edge in the quality of there cheapo servos, airtronics cheapo servos seem to blow the most from what I have experienced and seen.

You may just have a bad servo, it happens. just pickup another one and have fun racing!
Old 03-31-2004, 08:18 AM
Tech Addict

then I've had a bunch of bad hitec servos. No kidding they're ok for bashing, but for hardcore racers get away from them.
Old 04-01-2004, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Cobra81li200

then I've had a bunch of bad hitec servos. No kidding they're ok for bashing, but for hardcore racers get away from them.
Guys;

I personally have to agree with this too.

ALL of my 600 series servos (had 5 at one time) have failed at one time or another while under warranty, though my 5925's have worked flawlessly.

Worth noting:

Hitec has recently redesigned the 625/645 series Servos to improve reliability. The newest ones come in transparent blue plastic cases.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:42 AM
Tech Addict

I have switched from Futaba to Hitec. I currently use all digitals for my 3PK HRS radio. I have a couple of 5475 (karbonite gears) & 3 5945MG. So far, they have been good. I uses them on my oval cars & TC3. I switch mainly because of price. But they seem to be holding good for now.