R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-22-2013, 12:26 PM   #706
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

^^^^they probably switch just to make everybodies life easier...idk how many of those i have lost everytime i would take my diff out ...im glad its pin type now.
__________________
Mod Mod Mod...I love Mod.....and scotch!
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 05:02 PM   #707
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 88
Send a message via MSN to Vasco C
Default

Just like Theatriks mentioned, it's easier to work on then the ball system.

I've ran the pin system several times now and it seems to last very well. When racing I tend to switch back to the ball drive system because I think this is even smoother and efficient.. noticeable on the track? Not really... just personal preference.

Did any of you guys got their hands on the new parts already? Care to share opinions?!
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 07:15 AM   #708
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

car is off to down under ;-)
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101

Last edited by Matthijs; 08-17-2013 at 11:56 AM.
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:25 AM   #709
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Hy Guys!I'm Luciano from Rome Italy. I'm writing to u because i'm realy angry and disappointed with Kyosho about the swing shafts of this car.

I have spent a fortune in spare parts but the problem is always the same. Tf242 breaks all the time. I'm going to became crazy.

Please Guys help me. How did u solve this fu**ing problem?

Thanks.
takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #710
Tech Master
 
theatriks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,619
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I have had this car for over a year never broke one swing shaft .....do you have pics ? What's happening that causes the swing shaft to break ?
__________________
Mod Mod Mod...I love Mod.....and scotch!
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #711
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Default

I mean this
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho TF-6-image.jpg  
takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 11:57 AM   #712
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by takashi View Post
Hy Guys!I'm Luciano from Rome Italy. I'm writing to u because i'm realy angry and disappointed with Kyosho about the swing shafts of this car.

I have spent a fortune in spare parts but the problem is always the same. Tf242 breaks all the time. I'm going to became crazy.

Please Guys help me. How did u solve this fu**ing problem?

Thanks.
that's weird, never had that problem. What is your front setup? It maybe to small, causing the shafts to bind with the spool.
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 12:25 PM   #713
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 88
Send a message via MSN to Vasco C
Default

Luciano,

Lately I've the feeling the quality of the aluminum axles has dropped slightly but I haven't seen any wearage like your axle is showing.

It's normal that aluminum wears out, but usually this is just in one direction, the thin layers of alu between the holes will get thinner and thinner until it's completely one and the ball holes start to very oval.

The wearing your axle is showing is anything but normal, it seems that indeed the shaft is binding inside the spool. Please check your front suspension will rise and drop freely when there's no damper attached. the up and down movement should be smooth as silk and not bind at any point.

I've had extreme axle wearing a little while ago, when further investigating the problem I found that one driveshaft ball accidentally fell behind the axle inside the spool cup when assembling, causing the axle to bind and wear out within few batteries time.

Please tell me what suspension arms you're running (long or short) and the suspension block combination (C-C out for example).

Just a quick reminder, Kyosho has just released a steel drive system with regular driving pins instead of the balls.. might be worth looking at!
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #714
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco C View Post
Luciano,

Lately I've the feeling the quality of the aluminum axles has dropped slightly but I haven't seen any wearage like your axle is showing.

It's normal that aluminum wears out, but usually this is just in one direction, the thin layers of alu between the holes will get thinner and thinner until it's completely one and the ball holes start to very oval.

The wearing your axle is showing is anything but normal, it seems that indeed the shaft is binding inside the spool. Please check your front suspension will rise and drop freely when there's no damper attached. the up and down movement should be smooth as silk and not bind at any point.

I've had extreme axle wearing a little while ago, when further investigating the problem I found that one driveshaft ball accidentally fell behind the axle inside the spool cup when assembling, causing the axle to bind and wear out within few batteries time.

Please tell me what suspension arms you're running (long or short) and the suspension block combination (C-C out for example).

Just a quick reminder, Kyosho has just released a steel drive system with regular driving pins instead of the balls.. might be worth looking at!
Thank u Vasco for your exaustive replay ! Now i don't remember my susp block comb, i'll notice u tomorrow about it and i can just sayin about suspension's arms that they are from kit. But trust me, i never have had problems about potential balls behind the axle inside the spool cup, or situations with my suspension arms move forced or not freely.

I saw the new steel drive system released by kyosho but now i'm confused and disappointed about this car. I'm not sure to invest money again in this model
takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 04:45 PM   #715
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 88
Send a message via MSN to Vasco C
Default

I'm sorry to hear that you're this disappointed in the Kyosho product. Since nobody encountered such a problem I'm very sure it's solvable and not just poor quality.

I'd like to point out the new update kit that has just been released for the TF6(sp) ( http://www.redrc.net/2013/08/kyosho-...onversion-kit/) which includes the new drive system. From the testing and race results lately I can honestly tell you that the update kit is worth the money!

At the cost of 89,90 euro's (http://www.kyosho.de/?page=shop/flyp...oduct_id=25313) I don't think this would be an investment you would regret at all.

Regarding to your 'kit' suspension arms, do you have the regular TF6 or the TF6sp? The regular TF6 comes with short suspension arms which can cause trouble when narrowing the front-end of the car down with the suspension bushings, the SP arms shouldn't encounter any problems. Please check if the suspension setting is no smaller than C-C outwards when using short arms, when going smaller (B-B outwards) it causes the axles to bind.

Please let me know, I'm very sure the cause of this problem can be found and solved!
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 05:20 PM   #716
Tech Addict
 
Losiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 636
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know an online shop where I can purchase the SP2 upgrade kit, and will ship to Australia ?
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 01:05 AM   #717
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Losiho View Post
Anyone know an online shop where I can purchase the SP2 upgrade kit, and will ship to Australia ?
Banzai Hobby! http://banzaihobby.com/radio-control...p-up-parts/tf6
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 02:25 AM   #718
Tech Addict
 
Losiho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne Australia
Posts: 636
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
Thanks ! All ordered
Losiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:55 AM   #719
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 6
Default

Ok Vasco, I've got the TF6 kit, but it's completely upgraded to TF6sp in all its parts. My arms are the TF005H ( originally mounted the tf226h included in normal tf6 not sp ), also my front spools are the tfw112 and my swing shafts are the tf242.

thank u very much for your interest to my problem and for showing me the new kit tfw151. the cost is not so expansive and that make me happy
takashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 08:23 AM   #720
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 88
Send a message via MSN to Vasco C
Default

It sounds to me that you're indeed running the 'short' TF5 arms instead of the longer TF6SP ones. Please check the block setting, when using these short arms you shouldn't go any narrower then C-C out, this will cause binding problems!

You're very welcome, the cost of the new update kit is indeed 'low' considering the amount of parts it contains and the performance boost it brings to the table!
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SAFRA S'pore International R/C Championships, presented by HPI Racing, 4 - 6 Apr 08 Race Academy Singapore R/C Racers 156 04-08-2008 09:11 AM
kyosho tf-5 belt drive T Lawrence R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 04-03-2007 06:19 PM
Which is The best Shaft Touring Car:Kyosho TF-5, Yokomo LCG, Tamiya EVO 5, HPI Pro 4? yyhayyim Electric On-Road 13 07-03-2006 06:48 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:24 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net