R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-08-2013, 09:27 AM   #661

Send a message via MSN to Vasco C

@zaraz, I think you'll understand that a carbon bumper brace isn't top priority right now. I do agree this would add some extra bling to the car which is always a good thing. I will definitely mention it to Kyosho. There isn't any carbon aftermarket parts that fit the Kyosho bumper? All I know is that the Tamiya doesn't..

@theatriks, Would be great if you hang on to it. With the latest modifications you can do yourself the car is already a lot better on carpet. Concerning the new motormount, I think this will take a while to develop. Hopefully patience will be rewarded big time
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #662
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco C View Post
@zaraz, I think you'll understand that a carbon bumper brace isn't top priority right now. I do agree this would add some extra bling to the car which is always a good thing. I will definitely mention it to Kyosho. There isn't any carbon aftermarket parts that fit the Kyosho bumper? All I know is that the Tamiya doesn't..

@theatriks, Would be great if you hang on to it. With the latest modifications you can do yourself the car is already a lot better on carpet. Concerning the new motormount, I think this will take a while to develop. Hopefully patience will be rewarded big time
Thanks Vasco i will try your mods ....its just i never had the original tf6 ...so i dont have those bulkheads.....i guess i can always order them off fleebay.
theatriks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #663

Send a message via MSN to Vasco C

The bulkheads are not the most important modification, personally I don't even think its worth the money if you don't have the bulkheads already. It's just a 'nice thing to have' on the car. Just use regular rear bulkheads and maybe cut off the front connection point.. this will basically do the same. The most important thing is that the rear bulkheads are mounted in the same way the fronts are, with 4 screws only. This gets the flex nice and even.

The most important mods are the motor and lipo more forwards, suspension all the way backwards. This will improve the car LOTS!
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 09:58 AM   #664
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco C View Post
The bulkheads are not the most important modification, personally I don't even think its worth the money if you don't have the bulkheads already. It's just a 'nice thing to have' on the car. Just use regular rear bulkheads and maybe cut off the front connection point.. this will basically do the same. The most important thing is that the rear bulkheads are mounted in the same way the fronts are, with 4 screws only. This gets the flex nice and even.

The most important mods are the motor and lipo more forwards, suspension all the way backwards. This will improve the car LOTS!
ok i will try it out...thx
Old 02-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #665
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Last night at our tight indoor carpet track I tested the short Tshox mounted with some prototype shocktowers (from DS Motorsport). I think the project is a succes, car felt very good, responsive, cornerspeed, etc. I need to modify the shocks a little (1.2x3 pistons) and test some more shockpositions. With this setup I can use the Tshox springs (short), HPI silvers and the Yokomo's. Car keeps getting better ;-)

Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 PM   #666
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)
Default Tf6 sp

Looking for a good used car if anybody wants to sell please pm me!
DR.Vanostrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:05 PM   #667
Tech Initiate

By what measurement did you reduce the shock towers by
Fred.Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:55 AM   #668
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Any update on a new car ?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:12 PM   #669
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

No new car...

We may be looking at some upgrade parts which may or may not come in a conversion kit...

New softer arms, top deck, blade driveahafts etc..

Current car is still weapon
Old 03-21-2013, 02:00 PM   #670
Tech Master

I have been using some of Raceberrys parts but now gor the lowered shock towers and Serpent shocks using the HPI springs

https://touch.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/p...user=626432920
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:41 PM   #671
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
I have been using some of Raceberrys parts but now gor the lowered shock towers and Serpent shocks using the HPI springs

https://touch.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/p...user=626432920

How are you liking the car after all those changes ......and who's shock towers are you using?
Old 03-21-2013, 08:28 PM   #672
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
How are you liking the car after all those changes ......and who's shock towers are you using?
With the shock towers how much did you lower them by ie: 5mm or 6mm or 7mm or maybe 8mm for the short shocks to work.
Fred.Nicholson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:50 PM   #673
Tech Master

Quote:
I have not tested the car yet it is still -2 outside here haha hope next week will be warmer and i can get some laps in

I am using the Raceberry shock towers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred.Nicholson View Post
With the shock towers how much did you lower them by ie: 5mm or 6mm or 7mm or maybe 8mm for the short shocks to work.
I will ask Bend but i think they are 10 to 15mm lower then standard ,
Old 03-21-2013, 11:55 PM   #674
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraz View Post
get them to make a front carbon bumper top support and I,ll start saving for a kit, always wanted this car, but it was the lack of the top piece that kept me away, I like my cars looking uniform, keep us updated thanks
You had best get some money saved then !!! Raceberry is making one and he tells me it will be available soooooooooon

There is also a higher flex chassis coming soon and the shock towers are on stock with him in germany
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 AM   #675
Tech Addict

Quote:
Tested my car outdoors (on the only nice day we had last week :-( ) and liked it better with the short T-shox. I felt the same difference as indoors on carpet. Car is more reactive, stays flat in the corners with more cornerspeed. Tested it back to back with the long T-shox, shorter ones were faster (thats on MACH, large track) and with stock racing (13.5).