Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho TF-6

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 02:26 PM

As far as the suspension mount inserts go I never use a sheet (most likely because I forget to take it with me ), I just do the calculations myself. Changing up (A->B) is +0.5 deg toe in, changing down (A->B-in) is -0.5 deg toe in.. it's fairly easy, just make sure you get it right.

Normally I used to run D-D out on carpet which is fairly ok, although I've been testing lately with a little bit arm-sweep (D-C out). Makes the car a little easier to drive since it reduces a bit of corner-entry steering. Works very well, please try this yourselves. John was running 1 deg arm sweep with the long arms, car was awesome!

I will hook you guys up with a carpet setup very soon. Went testing two weeks ago and wasn't completely satisfied yet so no reason to upload a setup really. Hopefully I'll be heading trackside soon to take care of some unfinished business and get a hold of a proper setup thats worth posting
Old 10-22-2012, 03:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vasco C
As far as the suspension mount inserts go I never use a sheet (most likely because I forget to take it with me ), I just do the calculations myself. Changing up (A->B) is +0.5 deg toe in, changing down (A->B-in) is -0.5 deg toe in.. it's fairly easy, just make sure you get it right.

Normally I used to run D-D out on carpet which is fairly ok, although I've been testing lately with a little bit arm-sweep (D-C out). Makes the car a little easier to drive since it reduces a bit of corner-entry steering. Works very well, please try this yourselves. John was running 1 deg arm sweep with the long arms, car was awesome!

I will hook you guys up with a carpet setup very soon. Went testing two weeks ago and wasn't completely satisfied yet so no reason to upload a setup really. Hopefully I'll be heading trackside soon to take care of some unfinished business and get a hold of a proper setup thats worth posting

OK thanks alot! .......When john ran the long arms up front did he leave the short arms inthe rear?
Old 10-22-2012, 03:50 PM

You're welcome. He ran long ones front and rear.. modified though..
Old 11-07-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ready for some more indoor testing in stock trim (ETS format). Geardiff in front with 500.000 cps, geardiff in rear with 450 cps, short susp arms. Ready for an evening with testing, fun and wrenching!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho TF-6-indoor-tf6.jpg  
Old 11-07-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Matthijs
ready for some more indoor testing in stock trim (ETS format). Geardiff in front with 500.000 cps, geardiff in rear with 450 cps, short susp arms. Ready for an evening with testing, fun and wrenching!
LOL cps ? how do you convert that to weight or cst?
Old 11-07-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by theatriks
LOL cps ? how do you convert that to weight or cst?
;-) cts it is....

yesterday a fun night at our indoor track. Car is a bit difficult to drive with the geardiff up front, so spool goes back. short arms make the car more responsive. On the last run I tried armsweep, inserts E in frontfront and C in frontrear. Cornering felt really good and consistant, good suggestion Kiwi! ;-)

We also had the balancing station from TechWorkx to play with, very usefull and nice to work with (http://www.techworkx.nl/).
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho TF-6-techworkx-1.jpg   Kyosho TF-6-techworkx-2.jpg  
Old 11-08-2012, 06:04 AM
Tech Master

Ok so I'm having trouble with my steering rack ....the left side tightens up no problem with the 3x5x0.2mm washer and it still moves freely...but on the right side using the same washer and everything I can't tighten the screw all the way down or else the steering jams up ...so I have to back the screw out to keep the crank moving freely but after a couple runs it all comes apart...why can I tighten the left and not the right using the exact parts the manual is calling for....any help will be appreciated ..thanks,
Old 11-08-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Ok so I'm having trouble with my steering rack ....the left side tightens up no problem with the 3x5x0.2mm washer and it still moves freely...but on the right side using the same washer and everything I can't tighten the screw all the way down or else the steering jams up ...so I have to back the screw out to keep the crank moving freely but after a couple runs it all comes apart...why can I tighten the left and not the right using the exact parts the manual is calling for....any help will be appreciated ..thanks,
have you got a seized bearing ?? or maybe try tightening without the shim in there , my 1st car needed an extra shim on one side and the other was great

i wouldnt drive with the screw loose you will loose it then the steering will fall apart
Old 11-08-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Well I'm away from the car right now.....the bearing is fine ....I will try to double up on the spacers or try no spacer once I get home and let you know .....I hope it's just a quick fix like that.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Well it seems nothing I do fixes the problem ..with a spacer under the crank it's to tight with a thicker spacer then the kit the screw will tighten and the rack will turn no problem but there's up and down play on the crank on that side....I don't understand the left side is fine but the right doesn't work .....I guess kyosho does have a flaw ...it's there steering system unless someone knows of something I'm doing wrong because I've been pulling my hair out on this one and cant see what I'm doing wrong it's assembled per kit instructions.
Old 11-08-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Also anybody else every have all three screws blow out of there spool all at the same time ?
Old 11-08-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yes i did have the spool screws come out..
My fault though.. Using crap loctite and not enough of it.

Use a good loctite and enough tension and they will stay there..

As for the steering mine has been perfect since new..

Not sure what it could be unless the thread is damaged.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Tech Addict

Well it seems nothing I do fixes the problem ..with a spacer under the crank it's to tight with a thicker spacer then the kit the screw will tighten and the rack will turn no problem but there's up and down play on the crank on that side....I don't understand the left side is fine but the right doesn't work .....I guess kyosho does have a flaw ...it's there steering system unless someone knows of something I'm doing wrong because I've been pulling my hair out on this one and cant see what I'm doing wrong it's assembled per kit instructions.
Vasco has a nice way to mount the steering rack without any play, I'll invite him to return to our little TF6 space on the net and he will explain....
Old 11-09-2012, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

That would be great because I'm at wits end on the rack lol
Old 11-09-2012, 08:04 AM

How-to on the steering rack:

Take the small red posts the rack is mounted on and apply a thin layer of glue (just a single strip) and let it dry. Glue the bearings inside of the sway arms and let this dry too.. Then press the sway arms with glued bearings onto the red posts using a little force, this will eliminate play instantly!

Then replace the 0.2mm shimms with 0.2's and glue the bearings (or bushings) into the steering rack too.. bolt it all together and your steering should be free of play

Hope this helps you out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.