mojo tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:46 PM   #332
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo tom View Post
Thanks !

Looks like a reasonable upgrade.
It's quite easy to cut the lipo bottom deck into the SP shape too if you have one to use as a template. I did this at TITC. We also discovered TCX has the same hole pattern for the top deck, so we could use any of their top decks provided the pulley has enough clearance.
Old 03-04-2012, 05:50 AM   #333
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

wasn't the 'Rzeppa joint' CVD that the original car had was so innovative(to RC), that was the main attraction to this car?

and now, the new car is being replaced with double cardans, it's like kyosho's way of saying, 'we screwed up' !!

back to the drawing board!
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 06:03 AM   #334
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post
wasn't the 'Rzeppa joint' CVD that the original car had was so innovative(to RC), that was the main attraction to this car?

and now, the new car is being replaced with double cardans, it's like kyosho's way of saying, 'we screwed up' !!

Well informed as ever The DCJs still use the ball system. The original unis have much less chatter than traditional unis, but still some chatter at lock. The new knuckles give more lock so the DCJs were required
Old 03-04-2012, 07:15 AM   #335

Send a message via MSN to Vasco C

As far as I know Chrissi is using the longer susp arms. When you take a closer look at the ETS pictures you'll notice that he uses C-outwards in the rear-rear suspension block which would make the car really small when running the original TF6 arms.

Kyosho didn't fail at all with the ball system. Its in any way smoother then a pin system and will always operate better wether its used with DJC or regular axles.

The only big drawback DJC axles have is that they tend to create understeer. When you turn and you wheels start to chatter your car will slow down, weight will transfer forward and therefore the car will turn in nicely. With double joints there will be no chatter, no slowing down so less steering.

Because of this in some situations the ball axles from Kyosho are the business, normal axles would chatter too much, and DJC would eliminate too much steering ( modified )...

Oh and by the way... Chrissi took the overall win! Great great job!
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #336
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacker View Post

WOW

Engage brain before mouth !!!!!!
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 04:40 PM   #337
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

K fan boy, I didn't know the SP still uses the ball system. I thought if they used DCJ's, then they would do not need the ball system.

not everyone lives on these forums, so gimme a break
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:40 AM   #338
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Kyosho TF-6 Steel Gear Diff. Shaft
Attached Thumbnails
Kyosho TF-6-ky-tfw009.jpg  
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:19 PM   #339
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

is there an option for the top bumper support, in carbon fibre, or does anyone know if the hotbodies or xray or tamiya , top carbon bumper supports work with te tf6 thanks
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:01 AM   #340
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I know this is the TF-6 thread, but the TF5 thread is pretty dead,

before i get into this too far, first off does the TF-6 ball or gear diff's work in the TF5?

I have a tf5 stallion and another TF5 Shin edition, they both use the same ball diffs and front spools. Im wondering if anyone knows what other brands that would work in this car for ball or gear diffs. OR if the TF6 diffs would work? I think the ZX-5 outdrives might work, i will just have to use almost all the zx5 diff parts, except use the tf5 pulley? but im not 100% sure if it will or not. I have a zx5 and compared diffs and they look like they will work.

but I really would like to use a gear diff. as long as the bearings fit and the cvds will reach inside the outdrives i should be good. I dont care if the pulleys are a different teeth amount?? mine are 33, but 34 should be fine..

anyhelp with this would be great or any other ideas.. the plastic ones suck, the aluminum ones suck and the newest ones that are white and you use the aluminum covers over those suck as well. i feel like you have to replace them every 5 drives if you race mod...
Old 04-05-2012, 05:52 AM   #341

I think the TF6 geardiff will be a perfect fit for the TF5 aswell since the distance between the bulkheads is the same..

As for the outdrives of the spool, get the new aluminium or steel ones from Kyosho. ( TF6sp )

Keep in mind you'll have to upgrade to the ball system axles in front and rear when applying these upgrades.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 AM   #342
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaraz View Post
is there an option for the top bumper support, in carbon fibre, or does anyone know if the hotbodies or xray or tamiya , top carbon bumper supports work with te tf6 thanks
anyone
zaraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:14 PM   #343
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thanks vasco, Problem is im from USA and its hard to get parts for the TF6? seems like nobody has anything for that car here in usa?? I dont even think they released that car here yet?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:49 AM   #344

@Zaraz: Sorry, have no idea what bumper support would fit. I know the Tamiya posts are just as wide in setup, but don't know the distance to the screws on top.. I found the Kyosho part very good, why change? Just for the looks?

If you're really eager to change the bumper I guess you can change to a Tamiya one ( included the plastic lower bits and bodyposts ).

@Fusiongraphix: I don't think any shop in the USA has Kyosho parts indeed. You could order online at other shops like RC Market.

Another option is to ask Christopher Krapp's dad (Joachim) to ship some parts to the USA allthough shipping costs will be quite high I guess. The email adress of Joachim:

RC Point Krapp
[email protected]
Old 04-17-2012, 06:06 AM   #345
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

bring back some life around here ;-)

New TF6 sp should be in Germany from the 1st of May and at my door a few days later ;-) ;-) can't wait!!

In a few days I will be trying the new DJ-axle in the 'old' car with the new knuckles, if it stays dry over here....