R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #196
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

practice today, car is much better settled in the rear.

3mm under front & rear camberlink
middle position rear camber link
thicker shock oil (500) all arond & HPI Gold/silver springs
rear dampers in pos. 4

Car is now easy to drive, but I think it can be faster for that one hot hero lap! But for now I'll keep it that way and just have fun tomorrow at the race without the stress of finding that hot setup ;-)
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:02 AM   #197
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
practice today, car is much better settled in the rear.

3mm under front & rear camberlink
middle position rear camber link
thicker shock oil (500) all arond & HPI Gold/silver springs
rear dampers in pos. 4

Car is now easy to drive, but I think it can be faster for that one hot hero lap! But for now I'll keep it that way and just have fun tomorrow at the race without the stress of finding that hot setup ;-)
Thank you Vasco ........ your the set up king (was missing from that statement)
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:52 AM   #198
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

more the King of TF6, if only he would drive it
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:05 AM   #199
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthijs View Post
more the King of TF6, if only he would drive it
he cant drive it , it wont be new then
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 02:22 PM   #200
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

How do I easiest measure the droop on the TF6?
__________________
Kyosho all the way!
TomEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #201
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: beijing ,china
Posts: 53
Default

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMzE1NTI0ODA4.html
__________________
-----------------------------------------------------------
vm2 ,tm e4,mi 4,cup racer,yokomo d1,TCX,PHI RDX,MI4CX,TC6,china made pro-d.
ps.just came back to this hobby this year after22 years .
oldnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 12:40 AM   #202
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 88
Send a message via MSN to Vasco C
Default

Matthijs,

Good to hear that my setup tips helped you out. If the car is too easy to drive just go little bit softer on the front spring.. pink/silver would be something you could try.

I think that a spool in front would be a bit faster/sharper for stock racing then a gear diff...Not to sure though, I only used gear diff in rear until now.

Still using D-D in rear?

TomEG,

I usually measure the droop with Hudy blocks, on the end of the suspension arms underneath the pin that goes through the hub. 99% of the time I use 6 in front and 5 in rear..
Vasco C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 01:37 AM   #203
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasco C View Post
Matthijs,

Good to hear that my setup tips helped you out. If the car is too easy to drive just go little bit softer on the front spring.. pink/silver would be something you could try.

I think that a spool in front would be a bit faster/sharper for stock racing then a gear diff...Not to sure though, I only used gear diff in rear until now.

Still using D-D in rear?

TomEG,

I usually measure the droop with Hudy blocks, on the end of the suspension arms underneath the pin that goes through the hub. 99% of the time I use 6 in front and 5 in rear..
yes, tips were great. I'll try the other blocks in the rear soon. Also the spool. New tires also helped a lot this sunday. On the old cpx 11.7, on a new set 11.2. Had some nice finals, finished 4th in te A-mains. Steven and Bart were way too fast. I had a nice battle with Patrick J in the first and third final, close racing is fun! I have to practice some more, my concentration fades away after 5 minutes, not good in 7 minute finals
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 02:45 AM   #204
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Vasco.

Btw. does anyone have a tip as to where I could get a couple of geardiffs? The only place I found on the net was Banzai Hobby, but over a week after I ordered and paid, I got a reply saying they were out of stock, and they had no idea when they were back in stock.

Tom
__________________
Kyosho all the way!
TomEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:24 AM   #205
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomEG View Post
Thanks Vasco.

Btw. does anyone have a tip as to where I could get a couple of geardiffs? The only place I found on the net was Banzai Hobby, but over a week after I ordered and paid, I got a reply saying they were out of stock, and they had no idea when they were back in stock.

Tom
this could be an option: http://www.cmc-versand.de/suchliste.html?suche=tfw-07
or
http://www.hobbydirekt.de/Neuheiten-...7::215541.html
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 04:31 AM   #206
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks (again) Matthijs!
I'll try one of those.

Tom
__________________
Kyosho all the way!
TomEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 05:55 AM   #207
Tech Fanatic
 
Coach Townsend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 955
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Is this car available in the US if so/not what is the part number.

Thanks
__________________
JESUS CHRIST, KYOSHO AMERICA, BYRON FUEL, PEAK RACING, ORION

Did forget to mention my JOB!!!DAMN THEM TOO!!!
Coach Townsend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 06:36 AM   #208
Tech Addict
 
Matthijs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Uithoorn, The Netherlands
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Townsend View Post
Is this car available in the US if so/not what is the part number.

Thanks
no, I'm afraid it's not, and thats a shame!
__________________
Exotek F1R3 // Tamiya TRF101
Matthijs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:17 AM   #209
Tech Regular
 
tak4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Brunei
Posts: 292
Default

Been a fan of Kyosho all my life. All my offroad racers are Kyosho. Retired my tf-5 a while ago and couldn't get my hands on a TF-6 due to it not being sold in the country and parts almost impossible to find... even online.

Now driving a TCX and a Sakura XI. A local driver showed up at the local race series with a TF-6 last Sunday and damn.... it's such a good looking car.

Truly a shame....
tak4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2011, 07:29 AM   #210
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Norway
Posts: 29
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Two geardiffs ordered from hobbydirekt.de !

Tom
__________________
Kyosho all the way!
TomEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SAFRA S'pore International R/C Championships, presented by HPI Racing, 4 - 6 Apr 08 Race Academy Singapore R/C Racers 156 04-08-2008 09:11 AM
kyosho tf-5 belt drive T Lawrence R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 22 04-03-2007 06:19 PM
Which is The best Shaft Touring Car:Kyosho TF-5, Yokomo LCG, Tamiya EVO 5, HPI Pro 4? yyhayyim Electric On-Road 13 07-03-2006 06:48 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:46 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net