R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Stadium Truck Indoor Dirt Oval Help please xxx-t mf2 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/368341-stadium-truck-indoor-dirt-oval-help-please-xxx-t-mf2.html)

gee55987 02-07-2010 01:57 AM

Stadium Truck Indoor Dirt Oval Help please xxx-t mf2

Just started racing my xxx-t mf2 on an indoor dirt oval track and need help with setup, Both my dad and I are running these trucks. We are using foam tires and seem to get pretty good traction.(sometimes wheelies on the back stretch) We have also attached some side air dams to the driver side for cornering. The biggest problem we're having is in the corners. The rear end always wants to break loose. I have tried a few different suspension setups was just wondering what might help. Which oils and setting to use..which color springs..etc. Anything that might help. Should the suspension maybe need to be set tighter on the right rear/ loose on the right front... just not too sure on what to do..
Thanks in advance guys..!

rced1 02-07-2010 01:46 PM

You might have gotten more responses by posting in the Oval and larger scale forum. I raced Associated in dirt oval before so I do not have any specific setup for Losi. I can give you general tuning tips.

In dirt oval you generally adjust the front end for the entry and mid point of the turn and adjust the rear for the exit out of the turn. Keeping a dirt oval truck/car dialed in takes a lot of setup changes just as in touring car. The more you make changes and notice how it affects the car the better you will get at making changes.

A lighter spring and shock oil on the right rear will increase traction until it becomes too soft. When the spring is too soft it can bottom out and recoil. Threaded shocks are best for maximum adjustability. Any dirt oval car may need adjustments as the track changes. Also, the compound of your foams and traction compound will effect the amount of bite.

If you are running gas or a mod electric motor the rear will almost always break loose in dirt. Finger control on the throttle is important.

rced1 02-07-2010 01:59 PM

Another tip for trucks. Many racers purchase the Speedys racing shock tower kit to lower the truck. I put Associated shock spacers (as a limiter) on the shaft inside the shock body to lower the truck. Put the spacer on the shaft above the shock piston. I put two per shock. Losi makes the same spacers,LOSA5050.

gee55987 02-07-2010 03:20 PM

Thank you for the reply. You definitely gave me some tips I was not aware of. I will try posting in the oval section as well. I think the idea of the shock limiters is a great idea. I've noticed the truck likes to hop around a lot..Maybe to much travel in the shock. I will go with maybe a light weight oil for the right rear.

trerc 02-07-2010 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by gee55987 (Post 6971081)
Thank you for the reply. You definitely gave me some tips I was not aware of. I will try posting in the oval section as well. I think the idea of the shock limiters is a great idea. I've noticed the truck likes to hop around a lot..Maybe to much travel in the shock. I will go with maybe a light weight oil for the right rear.

What tires are you running, and I'm gonna assume they are grooved in the front and grooved and crosscut in the rear? That makes a huge difference on dirt oval. I was never a big fan of the Speedies kit, limited stock shocks and some BSR tires is all you need. Set the truck up so the arms are level in front bones level in rear.

Here's a more active forum for dirt oval dirtoval.com