Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dc_xray
Thanks daleburr. I doubt between 32R and EXP30.
The web day "Temp range : 10~30deg.C" (EXP30).This is asphalt temp or air temp?And what is the temp range in 32R?
yes, the air temps. 32 is about same. always try the EXP first.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:58 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by daleburr
The 'R' series of tyres are great for low grip asphalt; the higher profile generates more lateral grip. I'd try 32R now and maybe 36R in the summer.

These tyres also last forever so they're great for club racing.
You can try 40R in summer or even in Winter.
40R rubber compound is very stable and would not harder in cold condition.
They don't need tire warmers in most condition too.

RL
Old 02-28-2011, 12:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by daleburr
I'd try 32R now and maybe 36R in the summer.
These tyres also last forever so they're great for club racing.
Hi,
what is "forever" for you, with 32R ?

Thanks
Old 02-28-2011, 12:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FFred
Hi,

Thanks
Something like 30+. Got 33 out of my 30EXP's. Sweep tires are great.
Old 02-28-2011, 05:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
yes, the air temps. 32 is about same. always try the EXP first.
so for QTS28 the air temp should be around 78 F? or track temp?
Old 03-01-2011, 03:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by David Galdo
Something like 30+. Got 33 out of my 30EXP's. Sweep tires are great.
???
30+ lipo packs ?

Last time I used Sweep 32 R (so more thick than EXP), front tires were dead after 5-6 lipo packs (asphalt technical track, 10°C air temperature, 4.5T motor), so even said 6x15minutes= 1 hour and a half at max.

Maybe I got a default product.
Great grip on the track, but I hoped it would not be dead so fast.

Last edited by FFred; 03-01-2011 at 03:29 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:53 AM
Tech Master

Hi,

Thanks
Over the winter on indoor tarmac (5-10deg track temp) I must have got 30 runs out of a set of 32Rs running 2S 10.5, with no major change to the overall grip and balance. Sure for a big race I'd put a new set on, but I wouldn't expect to gain more than a tenth or two per lap from a new set.

If they're wearing that quick then they're probably the wrong tyre for the track; I would imagine they must be scrubbing. I'd try the QTS32 or the EXP30 which will have a bit less grip and scrub less.

The track I practice on is very low grip on practice days, so the high profile on the R series helps generate maximum cornering traction. But when the grip comes up they do scrub speed and wear quicker.
Old 03-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

???
30+ lipo packs ?

Last time I used Sweep 32 R (so more thick than EXP), front tires were dead after 5-6 lipo packs (asphalt technical track, 10°C air temperature, 4.5T motor), so even said 6x15minutes= 1 hour and a half at max.

Maybe I got a default product.
Great grip on the track, but I hoped it would not be dead so fast.
It must be the surface you're on why they wear fast. Outdoors or in, on asphalt your tires will generally wear faster.

I run on carpet and it is usually between the side wall and belt where the tire splits open. The imminent failure is noticable by a groove that forms after so many runs.

Yeah, thirty plus packs with 28's or 30's.

SWEEP!!!

Last edited by David Galdo; 03-09-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 03-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

i dunno what you guys are doing wrong but last season
i ran sweep QTS32 on asphalt outdoors and I got something
close to 50 or 60 packs on 1 set
Old 03-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

i was about to order another set of QTS28 buttttt SOLD OUT
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!
Old 03-07-2011, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What's up with the new wheels?

New Wheels
Old 03-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SammyZ
i was about to order another set of QTS28 buttttt SOLD OUT
NOOOOO!!!!!!!!
sorry, its due before end of this month.

Originally Posted by Buckaroo
What's up with the new wheels?

New Wheels
its a our regular TC wheel made out of ABS plastic. good for warm to hot weather, not recommended for carpet with CRC click barriers. also it's little smaller than our EXP nylon wheels.

new for the US market.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
Sweep R series is the thickest and tallest tire.
We recommend to choose R series on outdoor asphat or low grip indoor asphalt or carpet.

Tire material of R series is same as QTS series.

RL
Which Sweep tyre would you recommend to run at this track?
Goole Earth Link attached inside the zip file.

We run in a clockwise direction and the track is sugared with a std water/sugar solution.
The track is prety bumpy and to give you an idea, running anything less than 6mm-6.5mm ride height is asking for trouble.
Track surface temps in summer can get pretty high at around the 50 degree C mark.

I recently tried a set of QTS 36's premount which I bought from the LHS and tested them in my HPI Pro4 which I use in the Open Stock class, which is basically, any chassis allowed but everyone is limited to a silver can motor.

I setup the car with slightly more camber on the left hand side to compensate for the sweeper after the main staright and there are more right handers than left hand corners.
Camber on the left = 1.5-1.75 degrees (give or take)
Camber on the right = 1 - 1.25 degrees (give or take)

Initially the QTS tyres gave excellent grip but by the second run (each practice run is roughly 6-8 minutes long) the tyres started to chunk/tear/rip on the outside edges.

I will get some pics a bit later of the tyres.

I bought a second set and increased the camber, running 2 degrees on the left and 1.5 on the right.

Same thing happened to second set.
But now they alse started to get the "ring of death" on the inside due to the increased camber.
Temps of the tyres after the practice runs come in at the low 40 degrees C.
42-43 degrees on the left and bang on 40 degrees C on the right

Can anyone shed some light as to why these tyres "let go" on the outside edges in such a short period of time?

To put this in perspective....
I recently started running 10.5 class and also Mod class at our local track using the Much Moore Sorex 36R premounted on Schumaker rims - running the same camber as stated above.
The speeds are much higher than the Open stock class and after 10 or so runs the Sorex tyres are still great and no problems with the side walls tearing/chunking.
After a 5-6 min run on the Sorex tyres, the temps measure in the high 40's on left 48-50 degrees and 44-47 on the right.

I am keen to try the EXP36 premounts which are also sold by the LHS, but I noticed they only sell the EXP 36 premounts which come with the white rims.
I speak under correction but for outdoor asphalt, ideally I need the EXP's on the yellow rims?

Can I expect better results from the EXP's? These tyres don't come cheap here in SA and I would hate to see my new EXP tyres end up chunking/ripping after just a few runs.
Attached Files
File Type: zip
RC Track.zip (848 Bytes, 32 views)
Old 03-08-2011, 09:56 PM
Tech Regular

It seems your local track's surface is very rough.

On smooth asphalt or carpet, QTS tires work very good. but on rough track, life time could be shorter.

The equivalent of Sorex tire is EXP series. these tires are based on high technique rubber compound.

I recommend you to try our EXP-40 tires at the track.
These tires have higher traction than QTS with much longer life time on rough asphalt.

Originally Posted by SeanV
Which Sweep tyre would you recommend to run at this track?
Goole Earth Link attached inside the zip file.

We run in a clockwise direction and the track is sugared with a std water/sugar solution.
The track is prety bumpy and to give you an idea, running anything less than 6mm-6.5mm ride height is asking for trouble.
Track surface temps in summer can get pretty high at around the 50 degree C mark.

I recently tried a set of QTS 36's premount which I bought from the LHS and tested them in my HPI Pro4 which I use in the Open Stock class, which is basically, any chassis allowed but everyone is limited to a silver can motor.

I setup the car with slightly more camber on the left hand side to compensate for the sweeper after the main staright and there are more right handers than left hand corners.
Camber on the left = 1.5-1.75 degrees (give or take)
Camber on the right = 1 - 1.25 degrees (give or take)

Initially the QTS tyres gave excellent grip but by the second run (each practice run is roughly 6-8 minutes long) the tyres started to chunk/tear/rip on the outside edges.

I will get some pics a bit later of the tyres.

I bought a second set and increased the camber, running 2 degrees on the left and 1.5 on the right.

Same thing happened to second set.
But now they alse started to get the "ring of death" on the inside due to the increased camber.
Temps of the tyres after the practice runs come in at the low 40 degrees C.
42-43 degrees on the left and bang on 40 degrees C on the right

Can anyone shed some light as to why these tyres "let go" on the outside edges in such a short period of time?

To put this in perspective....
I recently started running 10.5 class and also Mod class at our local track using the Much Moore Sorex 36R premounted on Schumaker rims - running the same camber as stated above.
The speeds are much higher than the Open stock class and after 10 or so runs the Sorex tyres are still great and no problems with the side walls tearing/chunking.
After a 5-6 min run on the Sorex tyres, the temps measure in the high 40's on left 48-50 degrees and 44-47 on the right.

I am keen to try the EXP36 premounts which are also sold by the LHS, but I noticed they only sell the EXP 36 premounts which come with the white rims.
I speak under correction but for outdoor asphalt, ideally I need the EXP's on the yellow rims?

Can I expect better results from the EXP's? These tyres don't come cheap here in SA and I would hate to see my new EXP tyres end up chunking/ripping after just a few runs.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ryan Lee
It seems your local track's surface is very rough.

On smooth asphalt or carpet, QTS tires work very good. but on rough track, life time could be shorter.

The equivalent of Sorex tire is EXP series. these tires are based on high technique rubber compound.

I recommend you to try our EXP-40 tires at the track.
These tires have higher traction than QTS with much longer life time on rough asphalt.

Thx..

Could you please answer this question...
Would you then recommend the EXP-40 tires on the white rims or those on the yellow rims?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.