Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Interesting, when will the exp evo be available?
Sweep EXP-EVO tires are in stock at TQ.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spring71
Sean, thanks for posting these! After reading up on the new rubber formula, I was really curious, and really enjoyed trying them out on the rug last night.

After running three packs through them, here are my first impressions of the Sweep EXP30 EVO. Testing surface was on the TQ indoor carpet track with high grip and an ambient temperature of about 70F. Mounted on Sweep Hard wheels with LS inserts & sauced with SXT 2.0 for 10-15min each run:
  • Even though they're rated as EXP30, the tires seem rather stiff. The rubber compound is very sticky.
  • Testing around the track, EXP30s EVO feel very grippy in general. Compared to Sorex 32s, i'm getting ALMOST the same corner speed and lateral grip; maybe just a touch less. Much better than standard Sweep QTS.
  • The feeling of the tire compared to Sorex 32 is different. On EXP30 EVOs, the car felt slightly 'floaty.' Not bad, just different.
  • Average lap times with the EXP30 EVO were the same as when I was running pre-glued Sorex 32. Fastest lap was on par as well at 11.6.
  • First run resulted in a lot of buildup. After the tires wore in on the second and third runs, tires came back much cleaner.
  • Tires did not overheat, but this could have been due to the cool weather. Longevity seems just as good if not better than any other tire I've tried.

I'll be the first to admit I'm an average driver and still have a lot to learn. Maybe more experienced guys can chime in with more feedback.

Overall, I like these tires so far, and I'm certainly glad to see more choices available to racers. If Sweep can continue doing a good job of maintaining supply, I can see these tires becoming very popular.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

We here in the UK we have a series called SUKRR (SWEEP UK Rug Racers} which is run on Prima felt GT, and have had SWEEP design a tyre for us using the SWEEP 30 compound with a JB style insert, but has been made in the QTS mould so that it gives a smaller and slightly thicker side wall, which helps from the tyre rolling over and giving traction roll as did the old EXP, which we here in the UK ran a drop of super glue around the wall of the tyre to give the feeling of less tyre roll over.
The tyre is easily as quick as sorex indoors on rug, and is prefered over sorex for its consistancy and amount of runs. I am not sure if they are yet available for any where else yet though, but I am sure they will become popular to racers. I have found that you can swop the tyres around the corners of the car without the car feeling different as you do with sorex.
This is not a plug for this new make up of tyre/wheel/insert, just something I have been asking Ryan at SWEEP to do for us, its been called EXP-QTS and with the JB style insert, weigh the same as soerx 24 grams and are consistant for the full 5 mins

Cheers Malc
Old 10-28-2012, 02:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hows it going im one of your new customer that bought almost everything i have from you guys over at tqrcracing . When will the exp30 evo tires be back in stock ?
Old 10-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Smile

Originally Posted by Paul R
Hows it going im one of your new customer that bought almost everything i have from you guys over at tqrcracing . When will the exp30 evo tires be back in stock ?
It will be in stock next week.

Thanks.
Old 10-28-2012, 11:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Nice, will pick up a set or two after midterms
Really wanted to try these at speed tech grand club race but looks like school is not letting me have it
Old 11-06-2012, 03:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can't wait to try these at TQ carpet track as well as Camarillo outdoor track. I am confident these tires will hookup anywhere. I have tested a set at Westcoast Raceway and they hook up better than anything i have tried at that track. I literally tried all brands of tires and these have the longest runtimes and fastest consistent laps.

Thanks Ryan and John!!! Keep up the hard work. I will post results when i do some more testing

Eric Kim
Old 11-07-2012, 10:30 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
We here in the UK we have a series called SUKRR (SWEEP UK Rug Racers} which is run on Prima felt GT, and have had SWEEP design a tyre for us using the SWEEP 30 compound with a JB style insert, but has been made in the QTS mould so that it gives a smaller and slightly thicker side wall, which helps from the tyre rolling over and giving traction roll as did the old EXP, which we here in the UK ran a drop of super glue around the wall of the tyre to give the feeling of less tyre roll over.
The tyre is easily as quick as sorex indoors on rug, and is prefered over sorex for its consistancy and amount of runs. I am not sure if they are yet available for any where else yet though, but I am sure they will become popular to racers. I have found that you can swop the tyres around the corners of the car without the car feeling different as you do with sorex.
This is not a plug for this new make up of tyre/wheel/insert, just something I have been asking Ryan at SWEEP to do for us, its been called EXP-QTS and with the JB style insert, weigh the same as soerx 24 grams and are consistant for the full 5 mins

Cheers Malc

Thanks Mate.

We are conducting Test runs for Rug racers SPEC tires (EXP-Q) in Middle River hobbies, Colosseum and 360V2 this weekend. New breed of US SPEC Carpet Racing begins this weekend. come by to Ray K or Mike Haynes to check it out!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 11-07-2012 at 10:42 AM.
Old 11-10-2012, 11:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

First report of testing the new EXP30-QTS tires. A big charity race at the "Coliseum " in Frederick Md. They have very new CRC carpet laid over asphalt . As the carpet is getting broken in , traction has been tricky . Everyone is running Jaco blues,I was the only "Fish" running Sweep's. The new EXP-QTS is a much better tire then the standard 32 QTS . The 32 QTS would run good for 15 to 20 laps ,then heat up and get steer sensitive. The EXP-QTS run cooler and was much more consistent . Better grip and better wear. After ten runs ,they still had center mold marks . After chasing setup on the tires and some new optional parts for my car, I found a good balance by the main .I finished third in the show !!! Racing with the the usual Md./Northern Va. fast guys, all with Jaco's , Craig X,Mike Gee, Robbie Dodge,Dan Jenkins,Arvin Nano,Matt Ward and Steve Walters. Hope to have some feedback from the MRH ,Middle River Hobbies real soon !!
Old 11-10-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA

Thanks Mate.

We are conducting Test runs for Rug racers SPEC tires (EXP-Q) in Middle River hobbies, Colosseum and 360V2 this weekend. New breed of US SPEC Carpet Racing begins this weekend. come by to Ray K or Mike Haynes to check it out!
So will these new tires be replacing the qts28 and qts32? These are the tires we are currently using for spec tires for our club racing.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hello Sweepfreaks,

I'm in need of your wisdom in selecting some sweep tires and inserts.

The surface is low grip outdoor asphalt track and the surface grade I would say is a little coarse. The ambient temperature is hovering around 10 degrees Celsius and for track temperature I'm not sure.

These tires are primarily for practice and club racing. At the moment, I'm not looking to get into any serious racing. Just testing car setup and tires.

Lemme know what you have.

Cheers.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EDWARD2003
Hello Sweepfreaks,

I'm in need of your wisdom in selecting some sweep tires and inserts.

The surface is low grip outdoor asphalt track and the surface grade I would say is a little coarse. The ambient temperature is hovering around 10 degrees Celsius and for track temperature I'm not sure.

These tires are primarily for practice and club racing. At the moment, I'm not looking to get into any serious racing. Just testing car setup and tires.

Lemme know what you have.

Cheers.
R28 for practice,testing and tuning and R24 for racing . Pink or Aqua inserts would work fine .
Old 11-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan

Cheers Malc
I'm sorry but this is definately not true.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this sweep tyre but it is simply not as fast as the Sorex 28jb.

If everyone is honest, the Sorex is easily the fastest rubber tyre for carpet.

Whilst at rug racers you have 70 odd drivers racing on the same carpet laying sweep rubber onto it, if you run a Sorex tyre on the same piece of carpet it may not be
as quick, however on a standard club meet where new tracks are laid each week and people run what they want, 99% would choose the Sorex tyre.

Sorex last longer as well.
Old 11-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Tech Elite

Some more testing info on the new EXP-QTS spec tire !!!

Today's test at MRH. A Baltimore,Md facility . Indoor CRC carpet built on a wooden subfloor, roughly 80 by 35 . In a back to back test,same car and same driver ( local fast guy ,Mike Gee), the EXP-QTS was two tenths per lap faster than QTS 32's and Jaco blues. The new tires felt very consistent and had a good balanced traction front to rear. Also still showing good signs of long wear .
Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mb3195
I'm sorry but this is definately not true.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this sweep tyre but it is simply not as fast as the Sorex 28jb.

If everyone is honest, the Sorex is easily the fastest rubber tyre for carpet.

Whilst at rug racers you have 70 odd drivers racing on the same carpet laying sweep rubber onto it, if you run a Sorex tyre on the same piece of carpet it may not be
as quick, however on a standard club meet where new tracks are laid each week and people run what they want, 99% would choose the Sorex tyre.

Sorex last longer as well.
I dont think your entitled to calling everyone not telling truth.
we were talking about our new QTS-EXP, in the past The Sorex might be the faster in some occassions but since we debut QTS-EXP and EXP-EVO we found opposite of your statement in the US as well.

Sorex started as 0% back in the day, we are about 1%? . and thats not a bad start in our standard.

Have a good week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.