R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2010, 10:23 PM   #91
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 1,994
Trader Rating: 35 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main
Default Race Report

I gave my friend (Alex N. ) a set of Sweep exp 30 tires to try 3 weeks ago and he finally ran the tires on Tuesday. We run at WestCoast Racetrack. Alex usually run Sorex 36. He ended up TQing and finishing 1st with the SWEEP EXP 30. The 2nd place guy was running Sorex, and 3rd place running Top.

Alex , Thanked me after for giving him a set of Sweep exp 30 to try...

Thanks again John
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 09:14 AM   #92
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of B Main View Post
I gave my friend (Alex N. ) a set of Sweep exp 30 tires to try 3 weeks ago and he finally ran the tires on Tuesday. We run at WestCoast Racetrack. Alex usually run Sorex 36. He ended up TQing and finishing 1st with the SWEEP EXP 30. The 2nd place guy was running Sorex, and 3rd place running Top.

Alex , Thanked me after for giving him a set of Sweep exp 30 to try...

Thanks again John

Good run at the WCRCR guys, now show them what our tires can do on the carpet at TQ rc raceway in Chino California.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 10:05 AM   #93
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

please make some rain tyres
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 11:18 AM   #94
Tech Champion
 
Korey Harbke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Redmond, WA
Posts: 6,102
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

You just gotta be cool like the WRC teams. Just cut the groove in the tires!!!

-Korey
__________________
Seido Speed Works - Apex RC - Prospec America - RC Mission America - LRP - Protoform - AVID - 1Up Racing - Xenon - Xpert - Sanwa - Slapmaster Tools - Turtlemaster Racing - Seattle RC Racers
Korey Harbke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:43 PM   #95
Tech Elite
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,989
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

WOW !!!!

My good friend Ed Bernard turned me on to the EXP asphalt "36" !!!
They were dialed at my local track , the "C" in Frederick,Md. They were instantly .2 sec. a lap faster and it looks like I will get an extra race day out of them ,then the "other spec tire" !!!!!!

The Hobbytown of Frederick will be stocking Sweeps soon ,can't wait to buy another set!!! I'm addicted !!!!

We run a Spec class for new and old racer alike ,one car,one motor ,one gear,one tire. During the winter we have 15 to 30 drivers . We will be trying the QTS 32 pre-mount spec tires . We will keep you all posted.

Ray K
Ray k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:13 PM   #96
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Just like Ray K. said the EXP 36 Asphalt tires are awesome at Frederick, MD. I started out running the EXP 36 Carpet tires and they were good. Ed brought by the EXP 36 Asphalt tires for Ray and I to try. .2 sec's a lap faster.

John, I just placed an order for some tires.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 03:19 PM   #97
Tech Master
 
timmig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Trabuco Canyon-- in the Pines!!
Posts: 1,769
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

I ran the Sweep 36 carpet tires at TQ yesterday in my Cyclone stock car and they were DIALED!!! Car was very consistant and easy to drive--hooked up without bogging through the turns. VERY NICE!!!!
T
timmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM   #98
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray k View Post
WOW !!!!

My good friend Ed Bernard turned me on to the EXP asphalt "36" !!!
They were dialed at my local track , the "C" in Frederick,Md. They were instantly .2 sec. a lap faster and it looks like I will get an extra race day out of them ,then the "other spec tire" !!!!!!

The Hobbytown of Frederick will be stocking Sweeps soon ,can't wait to buy another set!!! I'm addicted !!!!

We run a Spec class for new and old racer alike ,one car,one motor ,one gear,one tire. During the winter we have 15 to 30 drivers . We will be trying the QTS 32 pre-mount spec tires . We will keep you all posted.

Ray K

yeah love to have my tires at the "C", call us or email for an account set up, glad to hear you liked the tire. thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
Just like Ray K. said the EXP 36 Asphalt tires are awesome at Frederick, MD. I started out running the EXP 36 Carpet tires and they were good. Ed brought by the EXP 36 Asphalt tires for Ray and I to try. .2 sec's a lap faster.

John, I just placed an order for some tires.
yes Steve, thanks alot. since now you got your own sets, you can tune your machine for even faster spped! see ya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmig View Post
I ran the Sweep 36 carpet tires at TQ yesterday in my Cyclone stock car and they were DIALED!!! Car was very consistant and easy to drive--hooked up without bogging through the turns. VERY NICE!!!!
T
corner speed, the name of the game. thank you for the report.!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 03-29-2010 at 01:07 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 01:02 PM   #99
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

AWESOME

this is about all i can say on these tyres

i have waited a long time to get them from the USA and it was work the wait , with only 10 mins smeer and a little heating we went out on to our dusty track in Groningen

I went 0.5 seconds a lap quicker then the set i took off and this gave me my fastest EVER lap of a 18.066 (still not the fastest but getting there)

i was suffering with 1 corner on our track onto the straight we have a fast balls out sweeper and the car was understeering like hell , fitted these tyres and that was over , our mod club champion tried my car and he was also VERY impressed with the tyres

THANK YOU AND I WILL BE ORDERING MORE SOON
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #100
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 163
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

And because of Ray and Steve....who were both ahead of me last week running the Sweeps....I ordered my EXP 36s yesterday .... good by Jacos....hello EXP 36!!!!
__________________
Roger T.
RCRNV
Team Durango/Airtronics/Tekin/ThunderPower
Cadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:12 PM   #101
wyd
Tech Legend
 
wyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Castle Mamba Max Pro. Feel its power!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 21,102
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
yeah love to have my tires at the "C", call us or email for an account set up, glad to hear you liked the tire. thanks



yes Steve, thanks alot. since now you got your own sets, you can tune your machine for even faster spped! see ya.



corner speed, the name of the game. thank you for the report.!
Yeah Ray and Steve really like the asphalt 36s and each tested them except they didn't let me try them because they didn't want the beat down. I also look forward to getting some of the asphalt 36s as I can see they are excellent working tires.
__________________
Castle Creations (Since 2005)
Bumps & Jumps RC (One of the best racing facilities around)
ST Racing Concepts (STRC) Great aluminum upgrades for many brands.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 03:21 PM   #102
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Great service as always. Ordered on Sunday, shipped on Monday and I received the package today.

Thanks John.
__________________
Steve Walter
Sweep Racing USA/ Speed Passion USA/ Karens Famous Cookies (Transporter)
SRW141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:03 PM   #103
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
AWESOME

this is about all i can say on these tyres

i have waited a long time to get them from the USA and it was work the wait , with only 10 mins smeer and a little heating we went out on to our dusty track in Groningen

I went 0.5 seconds a lap quicker then the set i took off and this gave me my fastest EVER lap of a 18.066 (still not the fastest but getting there)

i was suffering with 1 corner on our track onto the straight we have a fast balls out sweeper and the car was understeering like hell , fitted these tyres and that was over , our mod club champion tried my car and he was also VERY impressed with the tyres

THANK YOU AND I WILL BE ORDERING MORE SOON
Thanks Phil, finally your shipment arrived. thanks to our hard working mail mans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadman View Post
And because of Ray and Steve....who were both ahead of me last week running the Sweeps....I ordered my EXP 36s yesterday .... good by Jacos....hello EXP 36!!!!
Thank you. let us know how you liked them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Yeah Ray and Steve really like the asphalt 36s and each tested them except they didn't let me try them because they didn't want the beat down. I also look forward to getting some of the asphalt 36s as I can see they are excellent working tires.
Thanks, if you see Ed bernard next time, you can always aski him to try it for a heat. thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
Great service as always. Ordered on Sunday, shipped on Monday and I received the package today.

Thanks John.
thanks Steve. you know I m a racer myself too, who don't want to waist no time waiting on the corners!
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 12:06 PM   #104
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,920
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Thanks Phil, finally your shipment arrived. thanks to our hard working mail mans!
yeah but only the 2nd box

hope the others turn up , the guys at the club want to buy some
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #105
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,729
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1 View Post
yeah but only the 2nd box

hope the others turn up , the guys at the club want to buy some
lets just hope that package is not seating in mail man's car trunk or some.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:01 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net