R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree7Likes

Old 03-15-2010, 12:43 PM   #76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Yeah but will there be a weavernator version of the tire anytime soon?
Old 03-15-2010, 01:31 PM   #77
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I run on outdoor asphalt and the air temp usually is in the high 70s to 80s.
Should I try the exp30 or the 36? The 36 says to use in temp around 90s. So used to the temp range on the sorex so wondered.
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 01:57 PM   #78
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
I run on outdoor asphalt and the air temp usually is in the high 70s to 80s.
Should I try the exp30 or the 36? The 36 says to use in temp around 90s. So used to the temp range on the sorex so wondered.

hello

EXP30 is what you need. Sorex and our tires have almost a same temp range. our 30 for Sorex 28-32 and 36 is 36 for 40 we ve got something cooking at our Lab.

thanks
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 02:02 PM   #79
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
Yeah but will there be a weavernator version of the tire anytime soon?

yes right after you win the 2018 IFMAR in Iraq.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #80
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Thank you for your input, yes we are convincing drivers one at a time. EXP is faster than the Sorex while wear like a SPEC tire.

We had a Great outing at RC madness yesterday, reports will be coming in soon.
First of all, we would like to thank John for letting us run these great tires. We only support products that we truly believe in. It took us 2 years to put our name next to a tire.

Back to the R/C Madness race report. This weekend's race had several first. It was the ...
  • first time running 17.5 - hopefully last. Normally only run 13.5 / Super Stock.
  • first time racing the Sweep tire other than practicing
We missed out on TQ'ing and winning the race. We were up against a very fast and consistent racer - Mike Haynes (Schumacher /Speed Passion motor/RP 30 tires). The rest of the racers had Jaco, Sorex, Speed Mind and a variety of Sweep 30/36 which was sold in the hobby shop.

We arrived Saturday night and was practicing on the green carpet with (no grip) with 10 run EXP 30 on yellow wheels in anticipation of running in the 13.5 class. Practice on Saturday went well and Randy's fast lap was a 11.7 on a slippery carpet with the 13.5.

Sunday morning, it was clear that there was not going to be more than 3 to even run the 13.5 class. We pulled out a new B&B tuned Ballistic 17.5 that we had sitting in the motor case for 9 months. After asking around for a good rollout, we installed a 33 tooth pinion. John showed up and gave us a new set of Sweep EXP 30 on white wheels.

The goal of the first heat was to get some laps on the board. Fast laps with the 17.5 on still a slippery track without a groove was 11.8. The room (wharehouse) was cold and it was apparent that the natural gas heater couldn't keep up. The carpet temperature was 62 degrees.

Randy and Mike traded fast laps throughout the 3 heats with Mike keeping the TQ all day.

The main was gridded real tight. It looked like the cars were 8 inch apart. By now, the track was getting a groove. But many racers complained that it was inconsistent at certain corners. Maybe because of the different traction compounds used by the different racers in both the foam and rubber classes.

The main started off surprising well and most of the cars completed a clean first lap. It was clear that Randy's car with the Sweep tires had a little more grip which allowed greater turn in.

In summary, no one traction rolled throughout the day in any class. Therefore, the track was still low on grip. And it proves that consistency will allways win over speed. Fast laps times towards the end were in the low 11.6 range. The rest of the A main were averaging 12.0 to 12.2.
Randy is forgiven for blowing the main. He hit more boards in 5 minutes than the last 2 weeks combined. His mind was on schoolwork and was actually doing homework between rounds. He sat out in the car and finished a 6 page Biology paper 5 minutes before the main started.

Congratulations to Mike Haynes on the TQ and win. Hopefully John can sign up Mike to run Sweep tires.

Sweep EXP 30 on white wheel
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

13.5 XRAY T3 w/ Sweep EXP 30 - White wheel
MOD XRAY 008 w/ Sweep EXP 36 - Yellow wheel
Old 03-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #81
Tech Rookie

bought my first set of sweeps 36 on carpet they work great the only problem i see i ran two packs on them the seam is gone but there are small holes in the center where the seam was is this an issue
christmasracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 07:03 AM   #82
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by christmasracing View Post
bought my first set of sweeps 36 on carpet they work great the only problem i see i ran two packs on them the seam is gone but there are small holes in the center where the seam was is this an issue
How many holes do you have? I've seen small holes in a variety of tires especially Tamiya B3 tires. You should have no performance problems with these small holes where the 2 halves of the tire are seamed. In fact, our 1/8 scale buggy tires have hole purposely molded in the seam.

The only problem we had with these holes in the buggy is if you run in water, the foam insert might get wet and increase the weight of the wheel. This shouldn't be a problem with touring car wheels especially if you run on carpet.

Applying tire compound over these small holes should not be a problem with the compound going inside and wetting the insert.

We will look out and make sure this is not a reoccurring issue.

Otherwise, enjoy you Sweep tires and report back their performance and your experiences.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:49 AM   #83
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamB&B View Post
First of all, we would like to thank John for letting us run these great tires. We only support products that we truly believe in. It took us 2 years to put our name next to a tire.

Back to the R/C Madness race report. This weekend's race had several first. It was the ...
  • first time running 17.5 - hopefully last. Normally only run 13.5 / Super Stock.
  • first time racing the Sweep tire other than practicing
We missed out on TQ'ing and winning the race. We were up against a very fast and consistent racer - Mike Haynes (Schumacher /Speed Passion motor/RP 30 tires). The rest of the racers had Jaco, Sorex, Speed Mind and a variety of Sweep 30/36 which was sold in the hobby shop.

We arrived Saturday night and was practicing on the green carpet with (no grip) with 10 run EXP 30 on yellow wheels in anticipation of running in the 13.5 class. Practice on Saturday went well and Randy's fast lap was a 11.7 on a slippery carpet with the 13.5.

Sunday morning, it was clear that there was not going to be more than 3 to even run the 13.5 class. We pulled out a new B&B tuned Ballistic 17.5 that we had sitting in the motor case for 9 months. After asking around for a good rollout, we installed a 33 tooth pinion. John showed up and gave us a new set of Sweep EXP 30 on white wheels.

The goal of the first heat was to get some laps on the board. Fast laps with the 17.5 on still a slippery track without a groove was 11.8. The room (wharehouse) was cold and it was apparent that the natural gas heater couldn't keep up. The carpet temperature was 62 degrees.

Randy and Mike traded fast laps throughout the 3 heats with Mike keeping the TQ all day.

The main was gridded real tight. It looked like the cars were 8 inch apart. By now, the track was getting a groove. But many racers complained that it was inconsistent at certain corners. Maybe because of the different traction compounds used by the different racers in both the foam and rubber classes.

The main started off surprising well and most of the cars completed a clean first lap. It was clear that Randy's car with the Sweep tires had a little more grip which allowed greater turn in.

In summary, no one traction rolled throughout the day in any class. Therefore, the track was still low on grip. And it proves that consistency will allways win over speed. Fast laps times towards the end were in the low 11.6 range. The rest of the A main were averaging 12.0 to 12.2.
Randy is forgiven for blowing the main. He hit more boards in 5 minutes than the last 2 weeks combined. His mind was on schoolwork and was actually doing homework between rounds. He sat out in the car and finished a 6 page Biology paper 5 minutes before the main started.

Congratulations to Mike Haynes on the TQ and win. Hopefully John can sign up Mike to run Sweep tires.

Sweep EXP 30 on white wheel
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

13.5 XRAY T3 w/ Sweep EXP 30 - White wheel
MOD XRAY 008 w/ Sweep EXP 36 - Yellow wheel

how big is that track? those lanes are mighty tight. great vid.
www.facebook.com/HebikiDesignWorks
Hebiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 08:02 PM   #84
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
how big is that track? those lanes are mighty tight. great vid.
It was posted somewhere that the track was 90x40.

We hope to make it out to CA for the Reedy Race or the ROAR Nats. It depends on how soon Reedy gets organized and announces a location.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #85
Tech Addict

This may be the wrong place, but i dont like to start whole new threads for small things, but

Does anyone run hpi x pattern tires?? how long do they usually last you? I notice mines are starting to wear much faster after going brushless.
JKL1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 AM   #86
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks John for putting me on the team. I look forward to working with you guys this year. I will be doing alot of testing over the next month trying to get ready for the coming asphalt season I will let everyone know what I find out. Thanks again.

Team Associated TC6-Viper R/C Solutions-Sweep Racing-Fullthrottle Motorsports-APH
www.speedybillsrc.com
www.ovrccc.com
hpisims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 06:49 AM   #87
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

John, Thanks for getting my order out so quick. I got the tires yesterday. I'm heading to Frederick, MD the indoor asphalt track today for practice and racing tomorrow. Can't wait to run the tires.

I will be at the Charity Race Jackson in April. Karen will have Cookies. See you then.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:01 AM   #88
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpisims View Post
Thanks John for putting me on the team. I look forward to working with you guys this year. I will be doing alot of testing over the next month trying to get ready for the coming asphalt season I will let everyone know what I find out. Thanks again.
Lets go racing!
Old 03-26-2010, 07:07 AM   #89
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
John, Thanks for getting my order out so quick. I got the tires yesterday. I'm heading to Frederick, MD the indoor asphalt track today for practice and racing tomorrow. Can't wait to run the tires.

I will be at the Charity Race Jackson in April. Karen will have Cookies. See you then.

Hey Steve.

actually tires you bought is for the Carpet.

a set with the white wheels is for the carpet
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=63

and one with the yellow weels are for the Asphalt...
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

its not only for looks. its a diffrent set up .

I know white can still perform well in asphalt tracks but yellow does better.

if you can, just use a 1 set this weekend and I will exchange another one for you with a yellow one.

shoot me a PM or email if you want that.

have a good day.

PS: click the attachemnt if you wonder what cookie we talking about.
Attached Thumbnails
Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread-kerens_foot_optional.jpg   Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread-after_cookie.jpg  
Old 03-26-2010, 07:35 AM   #90
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
Hey Steve.

actually tires you bought is for the Carpet.

a set with the white wheels is for the carpet
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=63

and one with the yellow weels are for the Asphalt...
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/product_info.php?products_id=29

its not only for looks. its a diffrent set up .

I know white can still perform well in asphalt tracks but yellow does better.

if you can, just use a 1 set this weekend and I will exchange another one for you with a yellow one.

shoot me a PM or email if you want that.

have a good day.

PS: click the attachemnt if you wonder what cookie we talking about.
I'll give a set a try. The track has serious bite. If they don't work, I'll let you know. Thanks.

Great pictures. That's a good picture of Joe.