Search
Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by davidl
Thx for your reply. You really didn't answer my question, but it appears the 30's have been discontinued and you will have a replacement soon. So that brings me to a follow-on question. I have seen some 28 marked tires in packages with a 30 label. Which tire is actually in the bag?

And related to your answer above, is the EXP EVo-R 36 compound going to run as well on our carpet as the old 30? I am sure there will be some difference, so what would the difference be?
Yes That 28 molded tires are actually QTS EXP-30(30 shore) aka Rug Racers. we only made 1 batch of them, therefore we didnt make a separate mould with a correct numbers on it.

EXP36 Evo-R, it should work if the carpet is grooved. but if track have less than mega gripz, you will need to wait for 30. we are going to have EXP30 Evo-r coming next week. please stay tuned.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by DBM
This happened to me. I bought what I thought was exp 30's, and found out after a couple of races that the tires had 28 marked on them. I ended up switching to qts32's expecting to go a bunch slower, but ended up running the same speed.
Thanks I guess, on High to Mega bite tracks, 30-32 wont make so much difference.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
Yes That 28 molded tires are actually QTS EXP-30(30 shore) aka Rug Racers. we only made 1 batch of them, therefore we didnt make a separate mould with a correct numbers on it. .............

Now I am confused. Why not use the 30 mold you already had? To use the 28 mold and the 30 shore rubber is misleading to the users.
Old 05-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Company Representative

Now I am confused. Why not use the 30 mold you already had? To use the 28 mold and the 30 shore rubber is misleading to the users.
only 30 shore mould we have is for EXP tires(higher sidewall), for carpet we needed a QTS carcass (lower sidewall).
Old 05-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
only 30 shore mould we have is for EXP tires(higher sidewall), for carpet we needed a QTS carcass (lower sidewall).
Thanks again for your reply. So that means you have never made a mold for the 30 shore low profile tire. The split then is 28 to 32 to 36, or 4 points between tire hardness.

So now I see all QTS32 and QTS28 at our local HS. All are on white wheels, so they are for carpet. Is that part correct?

And all of these have the C-medium insert. Is it possible a different insert would work better at our track?
Old 05-06-2014, 10:21 AM
Company Representative

Thanks again for your reply. So that means you have never made a mold for the 30 shore low profile tire. The split then is 28 to 32 to 36, or 4 points between tire hardness.

So now I see all QTS32 and QTS28 at our local HS. All are on white wheels, so they are for carpet. Is that part correct?

And all of these have the C-medium insert. Is it possible a different insert would work better at our track?
We never made a QTS mould ( carpet low profile) in a 30 shore. 3 moulds only. 28, 32 then 36 (which never brought in to the US yet)

QTS 28 and 32 have all Med inserts, either Aqua or Black in color. it is possible some tracks runs better with different inserts, but QTS tires are designed for Spec racing. as long as everyone all have same tire/inserts/wheels, at least tire part is equal.

thanks
Old 05-06-2014, 11:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

1/8 GTe...

With the lighter weights of GTe cars are the EXP 45s and 50s still the most common raced Sweep tire?
Old 05-07-2014, 09:56 AM
Company Representative

Just right for the Season.

All New EXP 30 EVO-R is here in the State.

Old 05-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by Nexus
1/8 GTe...

With the lighter weights of GTe cars are the EXP 45s and 50s still the most common raced Sweep tire?
Hello Nexus.

Yes we are,

Until early of 2013, we were not the most favorite for GTE, then we went to work on our Tire compounds/inserts combo for a while to suit GTE better. feedback has been very positive from California drivers this year, where GTe are very popular over GTi

Please visit our GT8 dedicated forum for more information
Sweep Racing Tires 1/8th GT thread

Thanks

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 05-07-2014 at 10:13 AM.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tire regimen

What's a good regimen(sauce, saucing technique) for these tires?
Old 05-08-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

These are specifically for asphalt?
Old 05-08-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LEM C
What's a good regimen(sauce, saucing technique) for these tires?
FX2 for 5 or so minutes and then wipe and let dry for about the same time yields great traction when new. Then Tweak and heat seems to be good.

K
Old 05-08-2014, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

I do as Kody mentioned, then use simple green to clean them between runs. Great bite.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Kody
FX2 for 5 or so minutes and then wipe and let dry for about the same time yields great traction when new. Then Tweak and heat seems to be good.

K
thanks
Old 05-26-2014, 08:15 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I purchased a Sweep STC4 lw body from TQRC and have put a few hundred laps on it so far. Compared to my lw GX body and lw LTCR body, the Sweep body seems to have a lot more steering. It feels (and looks) very much like the ltcr. I was hoping for more stability like the GX, but the rear felt more like the ltcr. Moving the wing back as far as I could helped a lot, but still not quite as planted in the rear as the GX. Since most people seem to find the rear of the GX too locked in, I think that most will like the ltcr will be very happy with the stc4.
My only complaint about the sweep body is of the quality of polcarbonate. It bends/creases and stays permanently deformed. ...it doesn't flex back like protoform bodies. I hope Sweep will consider changing to a different polycarbonate that doesn't permanently deform so easily.
Old 06-11-2014, 12:40 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I've now used gravity tires, jaco blues, sweep rug racers, and sweep qts32's on our tight high traction carpet track. My fast lap is the same with all four tires, but I really prefer the sweep tires over the others. I'm WAY more consistent with the sweep this than the others. The jacos are floaty and vague, and the gravity tires are fast, but if you ever get a bit off line, they get covered in a huge amount of junk/fuzz, and are hard to get back. They also seem to have a much narrower temperature band than the sweeps. I think very good/experienced drivers (possibly with tire warmers) could get a lot more out of the gravity tires than me, though.
For now, I'm sticking with the sweep qts32's. I really REALLY like them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.