R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-29-2013, 06:23 PM   #586
Tech Rookie

Default Complicated :/

I'm apart of the New Zealand R/C speedway and we race TT-01's with any where from 2kg-4.3kg metal chassis on them, i have a 10turn brushless with a 2.6kg chassis on my TT-01 and am wondering which tyre would be best (long lasting, high grip etc....) we mostly race on high bite concrete/asphalt or very cold low bite wood, Any sugestions would be appreciated
sam chaplow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:12 AM   #587
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

My LHS will be carrying the Sweep tires now. I'm looking forward to trying them out! It gets hot here in the summer (100*+ F with track temps exceeding 132* F) and durability is important as well as grip. We race on asphalt with spray-on treatment. Which tire/wheel is the best for this? I prefer pre-mounts but I am willing to assemble if a combination that is superior is not available that way. I race 17.5 spec blinky TC with a Mazda Speed 6 body.
nubie-wan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #588
Tech Apprentice

I run a mod touring car on a rather small asphalt track that used to be a tennis court. I just drive for fun and I don't use additive or warmers. Air temps is usually no higher than 20 deg C. What tyre would you suggest for best lifetime and good grip?

Regards from the nordic sweden
magnushedqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #589
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnushedqvist View Post
I run a mod touring car on a rather small asphalt track that used to be a tennis court. I just drive for fun and I don't use additive or warmers. Air temps is usually no higher than 20 deg C. What tyre would you suggest for best lifetime and good grip?

Regards from the nordic sweden
The EVO 30 tire would be your best bet. They are sticky and have long lasting traction

Eric

/ Team Associated / Viper RC / Radiopost / Sweep Tires / Much-More Racing / RAL Designs / Parma USA
ekim628 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:41 PM   #590
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi, what is the best way to scrub in new sweep tires for carpet to get rid if the sheen and center seem so they are ready for racing?

Also i have bought the sweep 24r premount. they have the pink insert. Are the pink inserts good for carpet. Im used to using the sorex medium b insert and there is a huge difference when you squeeze the tires by hand between the sorex and the sweep pink inserts?
rayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #591
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrush View Post
Hi, what is the best way to scrub in new sweep tires for carpet to get rid if the sheen and center seem so they are ready for racing?

Also i have bought the sweep 24r premount. they have the pink insert. Are the pink inserts good for carpet. Im used to using the sorex medium b insert and there is a huge difference when you squeeze the tires by hand between the sorex and the sweep pink inserts?
We use sweep 32's and they last me forever. Last set lasted me 3 race days and a practice day if I remember correctly, possibly more but had a glueing disaster
JOE SI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #592
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Any comments about the sweep pink or aqua inserts on carpet with 24r tires?

My premounts came with pink but on the sweep website they come with aqua. Difference?
rayrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #593
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

All the touring wheels are making me crazy

What wheel for Asphalt, 170' straight, Hard plastic barriers, 90-105F temp 140-170F track temp, HIGH grip?

13.5T motor

Last edited by JayL; 05-31-2013 at 11:19 AM.
JayL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #594
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

We are coming back to BD!

Last year we had a great turnout with lots of racing action and fun!
This year we are back with more action packed weekend!

All classes are welcome! Bring your machine and munchin!

Official forum

Old 06-12-2013, 08:07 AM   #595
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrush View Post
Any comments about the sweep pink or aqua inserts on carpet with 24r tires?

My premounts came with pink but on the sweep website they come with aqua. Difference?
All of US version R tires preglued comes with EXP-M thick TC inserts because of R tires higher sidewall design, thin Pink providing too much air gap for the US surfaces in our testing. but diffrent continent sellers might have diffrent ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayL View Post
All the touring wheels are making me crazy

What wheel for Asphalt, 170' straight, Hard plastic barriers, 90-105F temp 140-170F track temp, HIGH grip?

13.5T motor
We recommends EXP-WAN Stiff Nylon TC wheel, the wheel have higher impacr resistant but still carrying enough flex against crashes.
Old 08-25-2013, 03:50 PM   #596
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I ran the Sweep EXP 36 EVO on asphalt in mod yesterday.
EXP36-EVO Tires
EXP-WAY Yellow Nylon Dish Wheels
EXP-S Thin Pink Inserts

I was quite happy with them. In Q1, I had a couple 14.7s laps. In Q3 I managed to finish 3rd, with a 14.6s fast lap. In the main, my last 3 laps were 14.7, 14.6, and 14.7. I did improve my setup and driving through the day, but it really does seem like the tires were holding on strong. There was no graining, and the wear was quite even.

Temperature was probably high 70s, and cloudy. I'm not sure what the track temps were like, I'd guess 90-100*F. I used Paragon FX-II sauce, soaked for 10-15min, then rubbed in by hand and let sit for a few more minutes, then wiped off and let air dry.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 08:22 AM   #597
Company Representative

Grass root TC racing back in SOCAL!

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #598
Company Representative

ROAR Region 1 Paved Champions took a place at Port Jervis, NY last weekend. Ray Boogie ran EXP-30 Evo (with EXP-WAN, SWA-S combo)to the Victory!

This race was a "open tire" competition, with all other brand tires ran together.

Ray ran a same set from Qualifying to A-main without dropping any performance in this very demanding Open Modified class.

Old 10-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #599
Company Representative

Default QTS32 True Blue carpet spec tires updates

We just completed making a improvement on our QTS32 Carpet Spec tire.
  • Wheel: In last year, we debut EXP-WAN. which is in Natural beige nylon color. this wheel is as stiff as it can get for the Nylon materials, which still claims unbreakable, while spin true like other Hard plastic wheels.
  • Rubber: we made improvement on rubber mixture of QTS32 during the summer which brought great results of having more traction with same great wear.
  • Inserts: then just in time for the carpet season, we made a huge improvement on the inserts. which allowing more traction through out the entire life of a tire set, QTS (both 32, 28)tire stay cooler resulting same consistent traction from practice laps to a buzzer beater.
in results. at a recent "open tire carpet racing event" at One Lug raceway, Alabama. we sweeped the podium.

Thank you for the supports.

Attached Thumbnails
Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread-2013_one_lig_carpet_duel_80.jpg  
Old 10-25-2013, 11:24 PM   #600
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
[*]Inserts: then just in time for the carpet season, we made a huge improvement on the inserts. which allowing more traction through out the entire life of a tire set, QTS (both 32, 28)tire stay cooler resulting same consistent traction from practice laps to a buzzer beater.
Can you elaborate on the changes to the insert?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline   Reply With Quote