Like Tree17Likes

Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread

Old 02-20-2010, 04:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA
hey Phil

I just check the rate for you and it s not that bad

for 2 tires, choose a Priority Mail International Flat Rate Envelope for $13.45 total shipping

rates can be seen at the end of the check out

Thanks
i am getting this message when i try to checkout for the Carpet spec tyres "-Limited Qty, Contact us to order"

do you have stock ??

cheeRS phil
Old 02-20-2010, 12:54 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
i am getting this message when i try to checkout for the Carpet spec tyres "-Limited Qty, Contact us to order"

do you have stock ??

cheeRS phil

Hello Phil

EXP36 Wht carpet has been sold out. we re expecting a more shipment, sometime in enxtweek.

join us on the facebook, twitter or email http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...&action=notify

to get notified once its available.

thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

Hello Phil

EXP36 Wht carpet has been sold out. we re expecting a more shipment, sometime in enxtweek.

join us on the facebook, twitter or email http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...&action=notify

to get notified once its available.

thanks
joined ,

are these tyres comparable to the grip found on the new LRP CPX tyres ???

these are the tyres we are all running now

but soom we go back outside to a cold dust track with low grip levels
Old 02-20-2010, 01:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Will have to these soon

Last edited by MikeXray; 02-20-2010 at 02:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2010, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Sweep Racing Premounts, 70 F

I gave the tires a good test. We had some track prep to give us medium traction. The computer was on announcing times. We had a sunny day. I started with Sweep EXP 36 premounts. I am told the sidewall is a little shorter than the previous version. Indeed my ride height needed a small adjustment up. The tires felt great on the track. I was in the mid to high nineteens for the first time in practice. Previous best in practice was a low 20s. I ran a set of SJR 36R premounts which are Sorex tires on Jayco wheels. I was at my low 20s level but no 19s. I tried a set of Sorex 40 premounts on Jayco wheels and was in the low 20's again. I had some trouble with one bead, but I had glued these tires on so that is my problem. Give a set a try. They are at an outstanding price right now.

Duplicated by request from my XXXS tips and tricks for mod thread. The track is a long 1/8th scale asphalt track.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:14 PM
Company Representative

joined ,

are these tyres comparable to the grip found on the new LRP CPX tyres ???

these are the tyres we are all running now

but soom we go back outside to a cold dust track with low grip levels

you will find a comparable with our QTS32 for that LRP compound

http://www.sweepracingusa.com/produc...products_id=71

EXP30 or 36 will goes way faster than those.

thanks
Old 02-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default Testing

I ended up doing some testing today with sweep exp 30's and sweep 36's

I did my testing at westcoast raceway. My current fastlap was a 14.3 on another name brand tire.

During practice I was running the sweep exp 30's and my best laps was a 13.9When the bite came up my lap times went up to 14.5 so I switched to the sweep exp 36's and my lap times drop back to 14.0.

Still working on my setup to get best result with tires.

I think anyone who tries the tire would be very happy with the tire for the price,durability,wear,looks,and performance.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:29 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
Sweep Racing Premounts, 70 F

I gave the tires a good test. We had some track prep to give us medium traction. The computer was on announcing times. We had a sunny day. I started with Sweep EXP 36 premounts. I am told the sidewall is a little shorter than the previous version. Indeed my ride height needed a small adjustment up. The tires felt great on the track. I was in the mid to high nineteens for the first time in practice. Previous best in practice was a low 20s. I ran a set of SJR 36R premounts which are Sorex tires on Jayco wheels. I was at my low 20s level but no 19s. I tried a set of Sorex 40 premounts on Jayco wheels and was in the low 20's again. I had some trouble with one bead, but I had glued these tires on so that is my problem. Give a set a try. They are at an outstanding price right now.

Duplicated by request from my XXXS tips and tricks for mod thread. The track is a long 1/8th scale asphalt track.

Thank you for your input John, your testimonial is now on our home page!
http://www.sweepracingusa.com/testimonials.php

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 02-22-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Master

We at Rug Racers here in the UK have been using these tyres for over a year now on Prima felt GT, and have found them to work very consistently through out the 5 min run with next to no rubber inside the shell. The V2 wheels which fit exstremley well onto the hexes now, and have no issues. These wheels seem to be good for 30 5, min runs, and more.

This is our second year of using the yellow EXP wheel and SWEEP control tyre with great results, and have been giving feedback to the distributor in the UK.

I personally would like to try them on tarmac, but the weather has been against us here in the UK of late, but when I do I will give some feed back on here about them.

Cheers Malc

Last edited by TheCoolCanFanMan; 02-23-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
We at Muchmore Rug Racers here in the UK have been using these tyres for over a year now on Prima felt GT, and have found them to work very consistently through out the 5 min run with next to no rubber inside the shell. The V2 wheels which fit exstremley well onto the hexes now, and have no issues. These wheels seem to be good for 30 5, min runs, and more.

This is our second year of using the yellow EXP wheel and SWEEP control tyre with great results, and have been giving feedback to MM in the UK.

I personally would like to try them on tarmac, but the weather has been against us here in the UK of late, but when I do I will give some feed back on here about them.

Cheers Malc
Thanks for your input Malc, yes we re going to have that QTS32 on EXP wheels here in US Soon, already listed on our site, just waiting for the ship to arrive!
Old 02-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by King of B Main
I ended up doing some testing today with sweep exp 30's and sweep 36's

I did my testing at westcoast raceway. My current fastlap was a 14.3 on another name brand tire.

During practice I was running the sweep exp 30's and my best laps was a 13.9When the bite came up my lap times went up to 14.5 so I switched to the sweep exp 36's and my lap times drop back to 14.0.

Still working on my setup to get best result with tires.

I think anyone who tries the tire would be very happy with the tire for the price,durability,wear,looks,and performance.

EXP36 hot weather working on California, yes we knew we gotta have 36 ready for CA, TX and other hotter reigion in the US.

for extreme weather in July, august iat those regions, we got something else cooking at lab.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Tech Master

well i have ordered 2 sets of the cool weather tyres

see how i get on with them in cold Holland
Old 02-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

EXP36 hot weather working on California, yes we knew we gotta have 36 ready for CA, TX and other hotter reigion in the US.

for extreme weather in July, august iat those regions, we got something else cooking at lab.
Would love to try !!! My car is getting better, ended up 2nd with the Sweep Exp 36's.

Another thing I forgot to mention about the sweep exp tire that I have yet to crack a rim. Also the inside of the rim support system (fin) does not stick out as much as other rims so there is no rubbing. No need for wider hexes or shimming out so your wheel is free.

Last edited by King of B Main; 02-24-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 03:13 PM
Company Representative

well i have ordered 2 sets of the cool weather tyres

see how i get on with them in cold Holland
Thanks Phil, let us know how the tire worked out at a Tulip garden.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Asked the track owner (Mark of TimeZone) if I could run a qual with Sweep 36s as we are a 'Blue' track. He said OK if no-one minds. So I did TQ on fresh tyres. took three laps to shake off the newness, then they pushed for a couple of laps as I figured out how to handle them and THEN......great tyres. Every one complained so I had to finish the night blue.........

Will do a practice day Sunday and put some miles on 'em and tell you more from there.

Really beyond expectation to have a tyre respond so well. Thanks for the rubber John Lee................

Jacko

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.