R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #541
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I heard the new EXP Evo likes thicker profile insert due to a more squared profile. Is it true? So does it mean for medium to medium high traction asphalt surface with medium roughness should use EXP profile inserts? Or the SWA line also works? Also, what kind of traction compound does the EXP Evo like. I tried the trinity blue dot and it doesn't seem to react with the tire much at all. I tried the EXP EVO 30 with SWA-M insert and blue dot traction compound and the tire feels inconsistent. It seems to be more surface sensitive because there is a few places that the tire just refuse to hock up while at other places, the tire grips pretty well. I swapped for pre mount sores 32 and the sensitivity issue was solved. I also have traction action, SXT3.0, and SXT2.0 Which one should work better?
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:57 AM   #542
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
I heard the new EXP Evo likes thicker profile insert due to a more squared profile. Is it true? So does it mean for medium to medium high traction asphalt surface with medium roughness should use EXP profile inserts? Or the SWA line also works? Also, what kind of traction compound does the EXP Evo like. I tried the trinity blue dot and it doesn't seem to react with the tire much at all. I tried the EXP EVO 30 with SWA-M insert and blue dot traction compound and the tire feels inconsistent. It seems to be more surface sensitive because there is a few places that the tire just refuse to hock up while at other places, the tire grips pretty well. I swapped for pre mount sores 32 and the sensitivity issue was solved. I also have traction action, SXT3.0, and SXT2.0 Which one should work better?
Thinner insert generally makes more traction because of more air gap. but on the track have rough section, it might react not so predictable. In this situation, i recommend to choose harder insert before you try thicker one.
Harder inserts will reduce tire wear and give you more consistent laptime on rough/abrasive asphalt.

EXP has little bit smaller diameter than Sorex tire. By this reason, EXP tires have quicker cornering speed. You may feel it seems 'floating' on the corner but once you get used to that feeling, you will get faster laptime.

I don't have any experience with the mentioned tire additives above.
Sweep X2 will work good with EXP tire. Other than X2, Mighty Gripper showed good traction when I tested it.

Ryan Lee/Sweep HQ
Old 01-26-2013, 11:34 PM   #543
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Lee View Post
Thinner insert generally makes more traction because of more air gap. but on the track have rough section, it might react not so predictable. In this situation, i recommend to choose harder insert before you try thicker one.
Harder inserts will reduce tire wear and give you more consistent laptime on rough/abrasive asphalt.

EXP has little bit smaller diameter than Sorex tire. By this reason, EXP tires have quicker cornering speed. You may feel it seems 'floating' on the corner but once you get used to that feeling, you will get faster laptime.

I don't have any experience with the mentioned tire additives above.
Sweep X2 will work good with EXP tire. Other than X2, Mighty Gripper showed good traction when I tested it.

Ryan Lee/Sweep HQ
Thanks for the info. I do have high hope for exp evo line of tires. The these tires do make the car more lively and the grips are there I'm sure. I think I just need to sort out the insert and additive. They do seem to wear better than others also.
tobyzhang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:11 AM   #544
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me what inserts these pre-mounts run? I can t find the info anywhere.

http://www.rcmart.com/sweep-exp36p-p...l?cPath=35_940
Glarke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #545
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glarke View Post
Can anyone tell me what inserts these pre-mounts run? I can t find the info anywhere.

http://www.rcmart.com/sweep-exp36p-p...l?cPath=35_940

Should be with SWA-S (soft thin) on EXP-WAW (flex nylon) but they are not glued. term "Pre mount' is more like "Complete set" for the state.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 PM   #546
Tech Master

SweepUSA,
Looking forward to your F1 tires....

Mr. Kong sent you an email with my request.

Tim
Old 02-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #547
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyzhang View Post
I have used the Sweep X2 fluid head to head against SXT3.0. The X2 performs better. I found best results are 5-10 mins before your race or qualifier.
xray2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 09:08 PM   #548
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I was wondering anyone could tell me the temperature range of the OGspec tires?
peteyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:57 AM   #549
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyo View Post
I was wondering anyone could tell me the temperature range of the OGspec tires?
It works good between 70-90Deg F
Old 03-02-2013, 11:41 AM   #550
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Best Sweep tires for slick surfaces

Needing some help, I am looking for a high bite touring car tire that would hook up on a slick surface. Our track is new and we run on a old High School gymnasium floor. Most of the wax surfaces is gone and it is mopped before race starts. Is there any of your Sweep tires you could recommend that might help my Touring car hook up.. Something similar to Customs Works Street Trac High Bite tires or Losi Sliders tires.. Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks!!
HiTec
LRP
Thunder44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 02:44 AM   #551
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Sweep exp 40

Hi, need some guidance, am driving xray t3,on asphalt in tropics, track is a little dusty and bumpy. Typical tires used by most users are rides and Sorex. Have been using sweep exp either 36 or 40,with hard sweep rims and pink exp inserts, but noticed am not getting as much front grip compared with Sorex or ride, I must be doing something wrong. It seems like the tire is drifting a little more and not much steering or grip. Lap time also slower. FYI, I have kept setup same when swapping except with rides needs small changes to setup. Tires prepped and sauced with tire tweak. I also checked tire temps, all tires including Sorex and rides mounted with sweep wheel and sweep pink inserts about 50 Celsius after 6 min run. All tire wear is acceptable.
Thanks
rshair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #552
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

We run on a gym floor, not sure if exactly the same. We use OGSPEC premounted wheels and tires. Aqua/Pink both work with little different results. We also use paragon ground effects for tire treatment. LOL both carpet go figure. We have some pretty good hook. The only downside to the OGSPEC, the rims crack quick, but you could get different rims. Sweep should chime in about that. I too would like a OGSpec on a more durable rim.http://www.sweepracingusa.com/110-OG...ons_p_370.html
Not a bad deal for glued wheels tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder44 View Post
Needing some help, I am looking for a high bite touring car tire that would hook up on a slick surface. Our track is new and we run on a old High School gymnasium floor. Most of the wax surfaces is gone and it is mopped before race starts. Is there any of your Sweep tires you could recommend that might help my Touring car hook up.. Something similar to Customs Works Street Trac High Bite tires or Losi Sliders tires.. Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Thanks!!
peteyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:33 AM   #553
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by rshair View Post
Hi, need some guidance, am driving xray t3,on asphalt in tropics, track is a little dusty and bumpy. Typical tires used by most users are rides and Sorex. Have been using sweep exp either 36 or 40,with hard sweep rims and pink exp inserts, but noticed am not getting as much front grip compared with Sorex or ride, I must be doing something wrong. It seems like the tire is drifting a little more and not much steering or grip. Lap time also slower. FYI, I have kept setup same when swapping except with rides needs small changes to setup. Tires prepped and sauced with tire tweak. I also checked tire temps, all tires including Sorex and rides mounted with sweep wheel and sweep pink inserts about 50 Celsius after 6 min run. All tire wear is acceptable.
Thanks
We will have some of our TC drivers to answer your question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyo View Post
We run on a gym floor, not sure if exactly the same. We use OGSPEC premounted wheels and tires. Aqua/Pink both work with little different results. We also use paragon ground effects for tire treatment. LOL both carpet go figure. We have some pretty good hook. The only downside to the OGSPEC, the rims crack quick, but you could get different rims. Sweep should chime in about that. I too would like a OGSpec on a more durable rim.http://www.sweepracingusa.com/110-OG...ons_p_370.html
Not a bad deal for glued wheels tires
Correct, please try a set with EXP-WAN if you are worrying about the wheels crack, EXP-WAWH for all or nothing kind of racers only.
Old 03-07-2013, 02:48 PM   #554
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default WESTGATE

Hi,
Which tire/insert combo would you recommend for the following:
Indoor track, the flooring is a textured cushioned vinyl floor - the floor temp ranges from 62-65 F
Currently most of the drivers are using the SPEC-OG with the soft pink inserts - Paragon Ground Effects is the preferred sauce - - Traction all but disappears at about the two minute mark (3 minute rounds). Any help? Thanks...
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:25 PM   #555
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

62-65 Farenheit

NOT Celcius
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote