R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-30-2011, 01:33 PM   #421
Tech Master
 
locked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,758
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
That's correct. Might use a control tire, everything else is open.
So this chassis would be legal then? http://www.redrc.net/2011/08/t-o-p-sabre-fd-mini/


That would be awesome. Too bad I don't live a little closer to your track Brodie.


Just so this post isn't completely off-topic... I absolutely love sweep rims. the tires are alright too
__________________
Dave Locke
Team PerformanceHobbies.ca | ORCA RC | Bodies by Brandon | Team Meeting
XRAY T4'15 x2 | XRAY XB4 | XRAY XB8E | XRAY XB8
locked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 05:44 PM   #422
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 5,967
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Looks nice !!!
bertrandsv87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:25 PM   #423
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

if Sweep tires are good enough for Jilles than they are good enough for me

The Sabre looks amazing and yes we allow any chassis, Tamiya's, Cup Racer etc. Focus is still on having mini a fun class but if someone wants to spend stupid amounts on upgrades for a mini than go for it. Will keep our LHS in business. Hopefully the 40* Mini tire works well on our track. Traction is very high.
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:58 PM   #424
Tech Elite
 
DesertRat's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Sniffin the 'Sauce Fumes
Posts: 2,520
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I just had to give Sweep tires a good review, as their Kitty Rug tires work far better on my home carpet than any other rubber tire I have ever used. Fantastic.
__________________
I race toy cars for fun. If I need to explain, you'll never understand.
Current rides: Diggity DC4 Chassis #10. Losi JRX-S Type R. CRC Xi, Xti, and Altered Ego Aluminum Chassis. Associated B4 based dirt oval late model, and B4 Buggy.
WTB: Carpet racing in Arizona.
DesertRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:26 PM   #425
Tech Fanatic
 
Damnit Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Oviedo, FL
Posts: 778
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Damnit Man
Default

I just tried the OG spec tire out today at Kraceway, and these are really good tires especially for the price. Great grip and wear.
__________________
Donovan P.
Damnit Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 11:18 PM   #426
JGH
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 198
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Hubbard View Post
Jilles Groskamp joins Sweep Racing Welcome to the team Jilles!!!
Thanks Fred!
JGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:22 PM   #427
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,716
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
I just had to give Sweep tires a good review, as their Kitty Rug tires work far better on my home carpet than any other rubber tire I have ever used. Fantastic.
yes I remember one of our driver passing other car out side on very first run of Kitty rug testing. thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damnit Man View Post
I just tried the OG spec tire out today at Kraceway, and these are really good tires especially for the price. Great grip and wear.
new Breed of spec tires. it should cover 21.5 blinky to Jilles style Mod racing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGH View Post
Thanks Fred!
hey Jilles GO FAST & Sweep'em ALL!
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #428
Tech Elite
 
Warren Weaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: NASCAR COUNTRY
Posts: 2,447
Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)
Default

Sweep tires rock
__________________
R1 WURKS-AWESOMATIX USA-LRP-BITTYDESIGN-TQ WIRE-PROTOTYPE RACING-SWEEP RACING-TXDSKINGRAPHIX-HOBMAX-THE RUG-TEAM EZDUZIT
R.I.P. MY FRIEND JDUB MISSED BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Warren Weaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:39 AM   #429
Tech Elite
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,983
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

Just finished up the 2nd annual" MINI BRAWL FOR IT ALL" in Frederick,Md !!

This facility is a smooth indoor asphalt track with very high grip . Located inside of Frederick Hobbytown. This track is a long time supporter of Sweep sedan and mini tires.

We had about 35/ 4wd mini's and 28/ Tamiya 2wd mini's ,coming from NY.,NJ.,and Va.

No long award ceremony here, only two crowns awarded ( actual crowns) to the winner of each class . In 2wd the crown passed from Tom brown to Jake Burton . In 4wd, I TQ'ed but slipped to third after a body tuck and Jamie Hanson went on to win . Taking the crown from the race promoter and founder James Denmark.

Thanks to all the sponsor of this race,Sweep,Castle creations ,ABC,Team scream, for all the swag!!! We had enough stuff that every racer got something!!!

This race is once a year and it's always around 9/11 in remembrance of that day! If you have a love of mini RC, this is a race to put on your calender!

As always ,thanks for the support Sweep Racing !!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Ray k; 09-11-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Ray k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM   #430
Tech Elite
 
Ray k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,983
Trader Rating: 46 (98%+)
Default

double post

Last edited by Ray k; 09-12-2011 at 06:59 AM.
Ray k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:50 PM   #431
Tech Elite
 
SammyZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New England
Posts: 3,046
Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Weaver View Post
Sweep tires rock
__________________
Hotbodies USA
SweepRacing USA
SammyZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:03 AM   #432
Tech Elite
 
KAHUNA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ~ Stuck in ~ Maryland ~ For Now
Posts: 2,438
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Thanks ray I needed one more lap ! The Sweeps worked great and no wear what so ever, wish I changed to 33 front it would have different results : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray k View Post
Just finished up the 2nd annual" MINI BRAWL FOR IT ALL" in Frederick,Md !!

This facility is a smooth indoor asphalt track with very high grip . Located inside of Frederick Hobbytown. This track is a long time supporter of Sweep sedan and mini tires.

We had about 35/ 4wd mini's and 28/ Tamiya 2wd mini's ,coming from NY.,NJ.,and Va.

No long award ceremony here, only two crowns awarded ( actual crowns) to the winner of each class . In 2wd the crown passed from Tom brown to Jake Burton . In 4wd, I TQ'ed but slipped to third after a body tuck and Jamie Hanson went on to win . Taking the crown from the race promoter and founder James Denmark.

Thanks to all the sponsor of this race,Sweep,Castle creations ,ABC,Team scream, for all the swag!!! We had enough stuff that every racer got something!!!

This race is once a year and it's always around 9/11 in remembrance of that day! If you have a love of mini RC, this is a race to put on your calender!

As always ,thanks for the support Sweep Racing !!!!!!!!!!

.
__________________
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:22 AM   #433
Tech Elite
 
KAHUNA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: ~ Stuck in ~ Maryland ~ For Now
Posts: 2,438
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Dlb post ,

But Sweeps tires work Great on asphalt like this years Brawl or carpet like last years race !


.
__________________
Team Scream Racing Middle River Hobbies GQ AMERICA Diggity Designs Castle Creations ✦TheRCShack✦ www.castlecreations.comwww.teamscreamracing.com www.diggitydesigns.comhttp://www.gqproduct.comMini www.middleriverhobbies.comTom Brown The Rev 7 XRAY ✦ M05 Surfs Up DudeMiddle River Hobbies
KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:44 PM   #434
Tech Fanatic
 
BrodieMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 761
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Thank you Sweep Racing

I am very happy I went with Sweep Racing for my clubs TC & Mini spec tires. The Mini guys were STOKED with the 40* pre-mounts and the Real Blues worked great on our high traction CRC FastTrack carpet. I went through a dozen sets of tires and they were all glued perfectly I'll be testing out some Hot Weather Specials next weekend on asphalt, can't wait.

A few questions for those in the know

I'm thinking of using a the OG_SPEC for our GT2 (21.5 "Blinky") class next summer but we have quite a large variation in temperature throughout the summer in Ontario, Canada eh! Our track will be a resealed & prepped surface, temperatures ranging from 15* - 38*. Will the OG_SPEC work well throughout this temperature range??

Also, what's the difference between the X2 & X3 asphalt sauce?????

:t ire:
__________________
Mark Richardson
Kawartha Radio Controlled Racers
Lakefield Hobby & Game. ExtremeRCforum
Schumacher Mi4cx CRC Gen-X 10 LE
BrodieMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 07:26 PM   #435
Tech Regular
 
Ryan Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrodieMan View Post
I am very happy I went with Sweep Racing for my clubs TC & Mini spec tires. The Mini guys were STOKED with the 40* pre-mounts and the Real Blues worked great on our high traction CRC FastTrack carpet. I went through a dozen sets of tires and they were all glued perfectly I'll be testing out some Hot Weather Specials next weekend on asphalt, can't wait.

A few questions for those in the know

I'm thinking of using a the OG_SPEC for our GT2 (21.5 "Blinky") class next summer but we have quite a large variation in temperature throughout the summer in Ontario, Canada eh! Our track will be a resealed & prepped surface, temperatures ranging from 15* - 38*. Will the OG_SPEC work well throughout this temperature range??

Also, what's the difference between the X2 & X3 asphalt sauce?????

:t ire:
X2 for prepped track and X3 for low bite.
If you use X1 10min then X2 or X3 10min, you will feel more traction!
__________________
Go Fast & Sweep'em ALL!!
Ryan Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:11 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net