R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree7Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-05-2010, 11:00 PM   #316
Tech Regular
 
Ryan Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
Sweep is actually originally from South Korea. The US office is in Whitestone, NY
Korey is right,

SR IND(Sweep Racing Industrial) is located in Bucheon city which is only 10km away from capital city of S.Korea(Seoul). The city is a specialized in industrial things.

We produce all of our rubber tires/insert/wheels in house.
__________________
Go Fast & Sweep'em ALL!!
Ryan Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 11:37 PM   #317
Tech Elite
 
Bishop's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Brisbane
Posts: 2,212
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

So far I have tried two types of Sweep tyres, original and QTS series, I don't think the US does the original ones, I bought via HK, the QTS I loved, original tall profile not so much, but at least they look like they will last forever.

Based on what someone said I guess I'll have to try EXP soon, I'm running outdoor asphalt, very low grip, usually at night under lights, I know the QTS 28's I used were very good, but winter passed so I was reluctant to use them when temps hit 28-32 on track at night. (guess I need the next heat range up)
__________________
QRCCRA
www.qrccra.org.au
www.facebook.com/englandparkraceway
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:19 PM   #318
Tech Addict
 
carbon madness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Northwestern, Indiana
Posts: 653
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

So if I understand the EXP30 tires and wheel combo's, the tires on the yellow wheels for asphalt, and the ones on the white wheels are for carpet.

So if that is the case, for my local carpet (tends to be on the low grip side and slightly dirty) track I would want the EXP30's on white wheels dubbed the Kitty Rug.

However my issue is that I can't stand white wheels, and would rather use yellow wheel, so my main question is why can't we get the tire on the wheel of choice instead of we have to use white or yellow wheels?

Don't get me wrong I will use them anyways, but I want yellow wheels as they tend to match my paint scheme, and I just can't really stand white wheels (on a side note, yes the wheels on the back of my truck in my avatar are white, but I have slowly replaced all my worn out off-road wheels with yellow. SO those where just what was in stock at the hobby shop at the time). lol
__________________
マイクル ユージャック 

*Team CFX Racing**Evil 3 Paint Works*
carbon madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 09:41 AM   #319
Tech Champion
 
STLNLST's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 8,871
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon madness View Post
So if I understand the EXP30 tires and wheel combo's, the tires on the yellow wheels for asphalt, and the ones on the white wheels are for carpet.

So if that is the case, for my local carpet (tends to be on the low grip side and slightly dirty) track I would want the EXP30's on white wheels dubbed the Kitty Rug.

However my issue is that I can't stand white wheels, and would rather use yellow wheel, so my main question is why can't we get the tire on the wheel of choice instead of we have to use white or yellow wheels?

Don't get me wrong I will use them anyways, but I want yellow wheels as they tend to match my paint scheme, and I just can't really stand white wheels (on a side note, yes the wheels on the back of my truck in my avatar are white, but I have slowly replaced all my worn out off-road wheels with yellow. SO those where just what was in stock at the hobby shop at the time). lol
It's either get them preglued that way or order everything seperately and glue them up yourself.
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 01:00 PM   #320
Tech Addict
 
sprintcarracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

I'm running the kitty rug tires on my car and the are wearing really hard on the inner edge. My chamber is 2 degrees right now but i've tired less chamber to get rid of the wear but it doesn't seem to work. I would say the tires have 30 to 40 runs on them.
sprintcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:11 AM   #321
Tech Elite
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,856
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl
Default

What are the High Profile specified for ?
I understand EXP are Full racing tires.
The QTS are Medium Club/Spec type tires with a good balance of Performance, Tire-wear and Cost.
But the SW4/ R series are they like QTS just taller for GT VTA type racing ?
Or are they the bottom of the bottom line ?
__________________
Design Of Things !!!
iPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:05 PM   #322
Tech Addict
 
sprintcarracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

I run the EXP 30 on carpet and they are an awesome race tire, but they only last about 10 to 12 nights.
sprintcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:35 PM   #323
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcarracer View Post
I run the EXP 30 on carpet and they are an awesome race tire, but they only last about 10 to 12 nights.
How many runs each night? 3 qualies and a main? That's still a heck of a lot more than you'll get out of similar Sorex tires to stay on point! 30 to 40 runs is pretty good for a premium race tire.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #324
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

...
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox

Last edited by Buckaroo; 01-08-2011 at 06:41 PM. Reason: double post
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #325
Tech Addict
 
sprintcarracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Northern Indiana
Posts: 545
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

2 qual and a main plus a practice run. I got 38 runs out of the EXP 30 kitty rug tires before they blew out. Doesn't get any better than that.
sprintcarracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:01 AM   #326
EJF
Tech Master
 
EJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,851
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

What sweep premount tire is recommended for a touring car on indoor carpet?
EJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 10:12 AM   #327
Tech Master
 
Buckaroo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Norfolk, VA
Posts: 1,503
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJF View Post
What sweep premount tire is recommended for a touring car on indoor carpet?
I've had great luck with the EXP30 Kitty Rug. Some prefer the cool weather spec 30s (same tire, yellow rims and a conventional soft insert), and the QTS32s are great, too, if you want something more like a 'spec' tire. Switch to exp36 xtreme carpet if the groove is sticky enough to cause traction rolling.
__________________
Tom Keith

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:23 PM   #328
Tech Regular
 
Ryan Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Seoul, Korea
Posts: 254
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post
What are the High Profile specified for ?
I understand EXP are Full racing tires.
The QTS are Medium Club/Spec type tires with a good balance of Performance, Tire-wear and Cost.
But the SW4/ R series are they like QTS just taller for GT VTA type racing ?
Or are they the bottom of the bottom line ?
Sweep R series is the thickest and tallest tire.
We recommend to choose R series on outdoor asphat or low grip indoor asphalt or carpet.

Tire material of R series is same as QTS series.

RL
__________________
Go Fast & Sweep'em ALL!!
Ryan Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:48 AM   #329
Tech Adept
 
Humyu's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 204
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Humyu Send a message via Skype™ to Humyu
Default

Hi, looking for new tires interested in sweep. Can recommend for outdoor asphalt medium bite, a bit dusty,temp around 32C.

Thanks
__________________
.........
Humyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 05:11 AM   #330
Tech Regular
 
Conrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 460
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Which compound do you recommend for indoors on low to med bite carpet without additive?
__________________
Swith Racing [www.swithracing.co.uk]
Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:51 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net