R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-19-2010, 04:59 PM   #286
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
Did some more testing with the sweep 40's yesterday. Track temps ranged from 108-115 during my test. The sweeps have SJR inserts in them allowing a better airgap. They felt great and didn't over heat. This was while running a 17.5 on one of the smaller tracks in the Norcal area (Ripon) I also played around with different saucing methods to see what the tire's liked. First run I just used Buggygrip2 to just clean the tire. The car was fast and took a couple of laps to bring the tire's up to temp. The car was controllable but I couldn't really push it coming out of the corners the way I wanted to. The rear end was a little floaty. 2nd run I cleaned off the tire's with Buggygrip2 again, then applied tire tweak and let it sit for 20min and wiped off. The car was more hooked up from the start than the first run. It still took a good hot lap for the tire's to come in but now I could get on the power sooner out of the corners. The rear end no longer felt floaty. My go to sauce has always been tweak but certain tires like other sauces. I ran this combo a few times until the track temps started droping. Due to this being a night race I couldn't continue with the 40 testing. The wear however has been excellent. I ran these tire's a handful of time's before at Speedworld. If I had to guess I'd say there are about 10 runs on my set and they look good. Next weekend I'm back at Speedworld for a day race so the 40's and 36's will be tested with the same inserts.
Try the Sweep X3 sauce. Works really well and a lot easier to work with than buggy grip 2. When I use that with EXP 40, EXP 36 and EXP 30 tires as the afternoon progresses I can nail it coming out of corners and my car is planted.
spongerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 01:32 PM   #287
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamB&B View Post
Congratulations! You have been getting faster and faster in electric all summer long. I remember when you first were consistently making the A main in stock TC. Now the TQs and the wins are coming more often.

Now visit this website and think about making a move to the really fast and wild side.

Joe Wright and Sam Isaac will keep a pit space open for ya!
That was funny lol..Car doing good..
Horsham in two weeks yeah....
Team Schumacher USA www.racing-cars.com// Team Sweep Racing Tires USA www.sweepracingusa.com// Hobbywing UK // Atomic USA www.rcatomic.com // SkyRocket Racing www.skyrocketracing.com // UPGRADE RC Products www.upgrade-Rc.com // Champion Hobby // Maj's Hobby // Crispy Critters // AbsoluteHobbyz.com // LAB Motors // Clockwork Racing Engines
Aja Archibald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM   #288
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default 2010 Japan Sweep Team.

Team Sweep at 2010 Japanese national

Attached Thumbnails
Sweep Racing Tires 1/10th Sedan thread-2010-japan-team.jpg  
Old 10-19-2010, 05:54 PM   #289
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

About to start my first indoor carpet season in over 8 years. Last time I ran TCs indoors on carpet, it was ALL foam tires. I've been watching some of the local guys running Sweep tires, they seem to be much more consistent from run to run than the Jacos that everyone around here loves (I don't like 'em, been favoring Solaris lately).

I'm gonna runs Sweeps exclusively this winter! Just got my order delivered. 4 days from ordering on the web site to my door! ROCK ON!

Season starts November 6th, and I'm still getting my car dialed in some, I'll keep ya updated!

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 09:47 PM   #290
Tech Elite

I have run the jaco, solaris and sweep the last few weeks to compare, the solaris and sweep seem to be better then jacos in terms of lasting much longer, all have similar lap times when the car is tuned to work on each tire...the sweep seems to have a more rigid sidewall so it is more stable then the others. I also got to try out the exp30 on the rug, wow they are very nice, for sure my choice for the next open tire race.
Old 10-21-2010, 02:24 PM   #291
Tech Master

Does anyone balance their tires?

Old 10-23-2010, 10:41 AM   #292
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
About to start my first indoor carpet season in over 8 years. Last time I ran TCs indoors on carpet, it was ALL foam tires. I've been watching some of the local guys running Sweep tires, they seem to be much more consistent from run to run than the Jacos that everyone around here loves (I don't like 'em, been favoring Solaris lately).

I'm gonna runs Sweeps exclusively this winter! Just got my order delivered. 4 days from ordering on the web site to my door! ROCK ON!

Season starts November 6th, and I'm still getting my car dialed in some, I'll keep ya updated!
thanks, we are the tire to run at Halloween Race at the gate this weekend! great way to start the carpet sason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haynes View Post
I have run the jaco, solaris and sweep the last few weeks to compare, the solaris and sweep seem to be better then jacos in terms of lasting much longer, all have similar lap times when the car is tuned to work on each tire...the sweep seems to have a more rigid sidewall so it is more stable then the others. I also got to try out the exp30 on the rug, wow they are very nice, for sure my choice for the next open tire race.
what a great way to start the carpet sseason for you. 1 st season opener at RCMadness, Haynes TQ and won by a lap!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Does anyone balance their tires?

our tires and wheels spinning true, you dont need to balance them in most races.
Old 10-23-2010, 03:05 PM   #293
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to David Galdo Send a message via AIM to David Galdo Send a message via MSN to David Galdo Send a message via Yahoo to David Galdo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Haynes View Post
+1

I am on pack 19 with my 30's and still managing to run consistent or better lap times. Just be sure to rotate!
Old 10-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #294
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Galdo View Post
+1

I am on pack 19 with my 30's and still managing to run consistent or better lap times. Just be sure to rotate!
What rotation pattern do you use? The Spec Tire Race-Preparation article Sweep pointed to says not to rotate, but that's during a race, so I'm guessing rotating practice tires is probably a good idea.
pmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 06:50 AM   #295
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

There were a lot of Sweep tires in the pits at the Halloween classic. Team driver Mike Haynes finished 3rd in Mod on the QTS tires! We brought a bunch of sets thinking new tires would be faster, but in the end we ran the same set from practice 1 to the mains, in stock they seem to free up after 2 runs and then just work.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:01 PM   #296
Tech Master

What would you recommend for indoor carpet for this winter, where the temp rarely gets into the 70s F?

Old 11-09-2010, 04:13 PM   #297
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Depends on how much traction your track gets if its low grip then the exp 30's in bite is med to high then the Qts are the way to go.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:43 PM   #298
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Depends on how much traction your track gets if its low grip then the exp 30's in bite is med to high then the Qts are the way to go.
Right now it's extremely low grip, as we just cleaned the carpet and are getting back onto it after a full summer season off. I just went through my car and radio to get everything (un)adjusted from where I had it (all wrong), so I'll give the 30s another shot. White wheel version, right?

Old 11-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #299
Tech Regular

Wanna share on my experince during our race last weekend. Our last race was indoor carpet race with the hand-out tire sweep qts-32. Im mannage to get the fastest time in the qualify 10.695sec on 24laps.

On the event, im going to the b-main n the final im only got 10th place. During the race, im prepare my tire by using the X1 tire cleaner n 10min before race im put the X2 tire sauce. My car was grip when coming to the sweeper n it was easy to handling.
Tamiya TRF-416X, Tamiya TRF-417
Hobbywing Xerun 120A, Xerun 3.5t, Team Orion 11.5t, Xerun 5.5t
RL.2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 05:04 PM   #300
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (98%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
QTS 32?
gonzo416 is offline   Reply With Quote