Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree14Likes

Old 04-20-2010, 02:07 PM   #136
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny L View Post
Check out Sweep tires in action on team drivers cars at Controlfreakz season opener 1 2 3 Sweep http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWD3PFdWi-s
yes total domination! thanks guys

actually it s 1-2-3-4-5 sweep, until last corner dashing to the finish line I got passed by other car at 6:20 on the youtube. next time I will have my racing battery charged. we finished at 1-2-3-4-6. great time we had together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korey Harbke View Post
It looks like the Sweep drivers of the Pacific Northwest have created quite a stir, because I saw LOTS of yellow rims yesterday at the track . The tires performed awesome. I love the fact that tire warmers are usually not needed as long as you choose the correct tire compound. I used EXP30 premounts in the morning until the track temp got to about 100 deg F. Then I switched to the 36s with great success. I had a little trouble in the main because of a mistake I made though. The track cooled significantly and I didn't think to change back to EXP30s. Car was still very fast in the later half in the run though.

Another hit was the Sweep X3 traction compound. Compared to tweak, it is exactly the same from the beginning of the race to the end. Tweak tends to be really aggressive up front, then fade away later in the run. Many people loved the sweep traction compound as it worked on just about any tire you put it on as well.

I think we'll be seeing a lot of people ordering up sweep tires from now on

-Korey
what makes our products so optimistic is just like an old phrase, what wins Sunday sell Monday,

since we start racing last winter, we been swamped with order on every Monday and Tuesday. just like yesterday and today we had to do double OT to keep up with orders and mails. thanks guys keep up the good work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpisims View Post
I have done some carpet testing while still waiting on my asphalt track to open up and the exp 30 had so much more traction through out the entire run. I ran 6 6min. runs and every time out the exp30 felt the same as the first run my lap times where down .3 seconds a lap on average over my sjr 28 both brands where new out of the package. The grip never faded on exp 30 the sjr 28 started to fade after 2nd run, these are by far the best rubber tires I have tried the best part was the exp 30 I have are for asphalt not carpet so can't wait to get outside and get them on some asphalt and really watch them tear it up.
yes that s how exactly what every one felt about our tires. thanks
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 09:55 PM   #137
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hey guys,

What a weekend of racing! Everyone running Sweep tires had excellent results.

Last weekend was our first outing with the Sweep EXP line of tires on asphalt. As Korey mentioned, there has been some buzz floating around the NW about the new tire on the block. Four drivers other then Korey and myself showed up sporting yellow rim's. The track temp were cool so we started off running EXP30's. Round 3 track temps were up so we switched to EXP36's. By the time the mains were announced I made the move to go back to EXP30's as the track temps cooled back down. Performance was killer. What I felt with the Sweep tires coupled with Sweep X3 traction compound was a very consistent start to end run. I was able to set the TQ every round and have the fastest run of the day by over 7 seconds on the field. By mid day the buzz was strong and we had people consistently asking where they could pick up a set.

Here are a few other highlight from others,

My buddy Mike P. also had a great Sweep experience. Mike started out running EXP30's for practice and the first two quals in open Mod. He switched to a fresh set of Sorex 32's for qual 3 and felt he had better grip on his third run of the EXP30's then a fresh set of 32's. In fact... he was .3 tenths a lap faster on his third run on EXP's then a fresh set of Sorex. Mike took my suggestion for the main to try the X1 cleaner and X3 traction compound. He felt it gave him overall better grip and the steering he was looking for.

Another racer in open Mod, Marc C. put on a used set of EXP30's for the Mod A main and walked off the bus with a large smile. He liked the grip better and was asking were to order them.

It appearers the yellow rim invasion is coming on strong so look for it to be a bigger and brighter week!

Kody

Last edited by Kody; 04-20-2010 at 10:32 PM.
Kody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #138
Tech Elite

Report from Time Zone Raceway Park.

Last night was the first session out doors. The track looked spectacular after the Saturday work crew power washed the asphalt, painted the berms and generally toshed the place up.

So, first run was on Sweep 32s from last w/end. Hooked. Second run, hooked. Third run, hooked. Clean with X1 then coat with X3, wipe off and run !! TZ got delivery of the Sweep package and several drivers bought and installed a set. ALL were AMAZED.............

Jacko
Victor Vector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:03 AM   #139
Company Representative

Welcome racers!

We re hosting 4 races onroad Electric TC and 4 races of 1/8th offroad EP/GP Races through out the east coast this year.
official thread

1st race is at Control freakz Chaplin, CT on May/15/2010 Saturday.
all electric powered TC and Mini TC are welcome.

This will be a first ever major Electric race at the Control Freakz, 210ft by 110ft track!
you don't want to miss this.

we will also have CEO of Sweep Racing along with a factory pilot Ryan Lee (President of Sweep global operation) attending, they are flying over from S korea for this race.

We had some technical difficulty to make this post for the race.

we will have RCsignup.com set up shortly with more detail coming up!

following is the Video of first EP race at Control Freakz on Apr/18/2010

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 04-23-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-23-2010, 10:48 AM   #140
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I just wanted to add my story, I had a fairly well handling car with a fresh set of RP30s, the rear end of the car was a little slippery when pulling hard out of tight corners and once i put these on the car felt like an entire different vehicle! it was a great experience and i plan on purchasing more hoping for great results.

now for the bad...this wasnt on my car but two other cars that had ran those tires that day had torn a tire. the rubber ripped right off causing a DNF.

That made me a little weary going into the A main being the only one left using them of the 3 that started using them that day!
Double D Donuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:55 AM   #141
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
I just wanted to add my story, I had a fairly well handling car with a fresh set of RP30s, the rear end of the car was a little slippery when pulling hard out of tight corners and once i put these on the car felt like an entire different vehicle! it was a great experience and i plan on purchasing more hoping for great results.

now for the bad...this wasnt on my car but two other cars that had ran those tires that day had torn a tire. the rubber ripped right off causing a DNF.

That made me a little weary going into the A main being the only one left using them of the 3 that started using them that day!
check the glue on the wheels

there was a case of some coming un glued , one of mine did it ,

the other set have been GREAT for 400 laps so far

i am so impressed i ordered 10 sets to last me all year
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 12:38 AM   #142
Tech Master

My first batch of tires became unglued, so I hope these next ones won't.
The way these tire wear are different from my other tires. They leave this fine dust almost like a foam tire. Is this normal?
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 07:48 AM   #143
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by inpuressa View Post
My first batch of tires became unglued, so I hope these next ones won't.
The way these tire wear are different from my other tires. They leave this fine dust almost like a foam tire. Is this normal?
this has been worked out while back
Old 04-28-2010, 03:57 PM   #144
Company Representative

The Official entree form is up at RCsignup.com
HURRY!

Note: this event is a open tire competiotion, however racers will have chance to purchase Sweep tires at rock bottom price for the day! (Qty is limited for each driver)

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 04-28-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:08 PM   #145
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

John Lee please respond to the PM I sent you yesterday about posting your flier in are Trains and Lane thread!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #146
Company Representative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
John Lee please respond to the PM I sent you yesterday about posting your flier in are Trains and Lane thread!!!
PMed back at ya. anything else email me, PM page on the tech giving me lots of errors, also PITA to delete them often and while deleting them I get a error message again!

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 06-16-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 04-29-2010, 05:23 PM   #147
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You better watch what you say Goat you might get a nasty pm like I did.
Old 04-29-2010, 06:19 PM   #148
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepRacingUSA View Post
PMed back at ya. anything else email me at [email protected] PM page on the tech giving me lots of errors, also PITA to delete them often and while deleting them I get a error message again!
PM returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Cuffs View Post
You better watch what you say Goat you might get a nasty pm like I did.
I just laugh at those kinda PM's
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:40 PM   #149
Company Representative

are we done PMing each other yet? I really hope so.

This PM inbox got a limited space and error occured alot after clicking a send button, only to find out your message is gone, not as gone as it should be gone but GONE!

gotta go back do some HTML on my site.

Peace out

JL
Old 04-29-2010, 07:04 PM   #150
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Sweep QT32 blue compound tire A+